Please Provide Us Numbers! On The Website!

Suggestion

3 replies to this topic

#1 Risen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:02 AM

Here is a suggestion not directly related to the game itself but rather the MWO website and patchnotes.

Could we please get real numbers?
Why do players, old or new wander off to 3rd party sites like smurfys to get detailed information about new mechs, hardpoints, prices, cooldown efficiency and so on?

The information provided on this website are worth nothing, especially the mech stats.

The last patch provided us with many new weapon modules.

Why was there no detailed list in the patchnotes, providing us with all the numbers, from pricing to effective stats?

If new players on public teamspeaks (thats another topic I will not get into here...) ask questions I direct them to smurfy's.
Why do I have to do that?
Can't this website be our primary anchorpoint for this game?
I think this would help new players and veterans alike.

The "maps" section shows pretty pictures of the maps taken ingame.
Why is there not a tactical overview with the spawnpoints for the different game modes including the spawns for every mech position in the lance?

This game has quite a steep learning curve and leaving new players completely in the dark does not help.

Please think about this and maybe we can find more ideas here.

With regards
Risen

#2 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:24 AM

I would have to agree with for the most part, and the simplest thing would be to , if not to hire smurfy as a web support person, then at least officialy endorse smurfy's lab/resourse from a visible permanent link on this website.

I would prefer this as I think smurfy did a great job at listing everything relevant ( exept omnipod quirks ) in a simple and easy to reference way, so I don't feel that they need to do the work again.

Edited by Nik Reaper, 12 September 2014 - 05:25 AM.

#3 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:25 AM

Moving this to website and forum.

#4 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:26 AM

I cannot remember the last time I used a game's official web site to get the best advice and support about a game. It has always been third-party sites that have had the best information. This game/site simply continues the trend that has been in effect for many years.

Working as Intended™

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users