• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 400 posts
  • LocationAthenry

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:20 AM

View PostAH Keira_NZ, on 16 September 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:

ponies....?? really?

The link can be clicked for more information. Still haven't seen a dev for the past hour and a half, nor any response. I wonder if any are still on...

#402 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:39 AM

Oh
My
God...

My little ponies... lol

I'll just walk away quietly now.

#403 Mattiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 400 posts
  • LocationAthenry

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:57 AM

o7

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

#404 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:21 AM

View PosteFTy, on 14 September 2014 - 01:35 AM, said:

That's what I'm saying. This shouldn't be a challenge. It should be an achievement.

Kill a dev, get a dev-killer title.
Kill 5 devs - get that special cockpit item.
Kill 20 devs, get another title ('Impossibly Lucky' or somesuch).

I like the way you think

#405 Mattiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 400 posts
  • LocationAthenry

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:03 AM

Ugh. Still no dev sightings. Anyone else seen any devs lately?

#406 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:38 AM

This is a pretty terrible event. Shamefully terrible, just like the other time. I've played for quite a while, and haven't seen a single dev around (unlike last time, when I saw exactly one out of hundreds of matches played, and he/she was on my team).

Thanks for making an event, with rewards no less, that depends entirely on luck, and playing in the proper time zone, as opposed to skill and/or persistence.

Do note that I don't have an issue with devs not playing enough as much as I have an issue with the whole idea of an event that rewards currency and limited edition items based on luck alone.

Edited by Baron Blitz Fokheimer, 16 September 2014 - 05:41 AM.

#407 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:49 AM

View PostFenris Kell, on 15 September 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

Are the devs still dropping? It says the event goes until tmrw....

Only if players are still shooting at them *rimshot*

You'll probably get a few more Dev drops, but it's a large community and they have other things to do as well.

For the most part, this is a snipe hunt event. Few will see the elusive dev, fewer still will actually get a kill. It's a fun diversion after several serious events. PGI used to run events once every few months, so we got spoiled with them happening nearly every week. Just consider this a non-event weekend with a chance to get a free rare hanging cockpit item.

#408 Gremlinn

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:12 AM

Over 100 matches play...not one dev in sight...something is wrong with this picture.

#409 Shark Byte

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:04 PM

I killed a Dev and didnt get anything...

Yesterday about 5:00-6:00 EST... Blake (something or another, sorry I dont keep track of everyone) was on... and showed the Yellow PGI Icon. I got the kill and upon exiting didnt get anything. I just figured I would get it when it ended today but still nothing.

I have also sent an e-mail to the help desk.

Side Note... He disco'd in the fight.. but with how little they were on that shouldnt have kept me from getting my reward... didnt see anything stating Disco's didnt count.

Guess I have to have my video capture on at all times, sigh...

#410 RooftopVoter

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ. U.S.A.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

View PostGremlinn, on 16 September 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

Over 100 matches play...not one dev in sight...something is wrong with this picture.

I played well over 100 matches over the weekend I did see Devs in 5 matches 4X on my team the other time the dev was protected and killed me while I was overheated from killing one of his teamates(never even saw him), point being making this an event and by the last post from them I saw 123 dev kills over the whole weekend is pathetic. If your going to do something do it. They should have had Dev's playing at all times split up over the weekend(the guy who had kid problems gets a pass) but the number of dev kills being miniscule compared to the number of matches played is just irresponsible and sad. :(

#411 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:39 PM

View PostRooftopVoter, on 16 September 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

I played well over 100 matches over the weekend I did see Devs in 5 matches 4X on my team the other time the dev was protected and killed me while I was overheated from killing one of his teamates(never even saw him), point being making this an event and by the last post from them I saw 123 dev kills over the whole weekend is pathetic. If your going to do something do it. They should have had Dev's playing at all times split up over the weekend(the guy who had kid problems gets a pass) but the number of dev kills being miniscule compared to the number of matches played is just irresponsible and sad. :(

Perhaps that is because they are actually pretty decent players in general (with the exception of a few, don't want to mention any names...*cough* Paul (hahah jk Paul I know you can get it in when ya wanna!)) Also ppl are getting greedy for the devkill, so they over extend or make other mistakes. If they on your team you feel as if you need to protect them, I know I hear alot of... do tk's count and I'm sure they get that from time to time. But I would think that the average player feels an obligation to protect them event or not. So you wonder why not so many kills? Also Playerbase is much larger then the dev base. Gotta remember that.

This is my fav event out of any, it promotes chaos ';..;' and chaos is beautiful! Doesn't promote epeen or who is better/worse. You just have to get lucky.

They also live life and have real things to do other then entertaining us. It promotes company involvement, anything that actively gets them involved into our beloved community is a great thing! They also get to see things from a payer prospective, which is also good. I do sorta feel this should be an all time running thing. But I understand if it's not. I personally want a medal, but I'm ok if I don't achieve it too. I have a passion for the randomness this event promotes, and that gamble you take every time you enter the cockpit. It keeps me playing during events like this. It's like "Wonder what will the boss drop this time, in other games" I love that aspect in games, the gamble, the randomness, the just not knowing. I guess that is why I so solo pug crazy all the time. GLHF guys.

P.S. Thank you devs for taking time out of your real life, to get involved personally with us in mech combat!

#412 Sheriff Cinco

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

Can we get a breakdown of Dev kills? Maybe even Dev k/ds for this event? that would be fun to see. Thanks

#413 Mattiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 400 posts
  • LocationAthenry

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:31 PM

While I'm dissapointed that I didn't manage to get a kill, I think it would be interesting to see this event return with a few tweaks. More devs playing across all hours of the event would be great, though if it isn't possible, devs should try to say "hey, I'm done for now, but X is also playing right now". The communication on the forums to say "Hey, I'm playing now" was a great start. There should be an incentive for players on the dev's team, maybe earning the same reward for the top X players on the Dev's team if their team wins. Would reduce the frustration of the inevitable "YEAH A DEV... But he's on my team, crud."

One other thought, possibly, is to do a twelve-man drop of developers, with any team able to beat the devs each getting an item. Stream it over twitch and make it Piranha Hunt 3D, with the gimmick being that all the devs wear 3-d glasses while battling.

Edited by Mattiator, 16 September 2014 - 10:32 PM.

#414 Verbrand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

Played all weekend, didn't see a single dev.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users