1306 replies to this topic

#21 orcrist86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:23 PM

Nominations could be handled having posters tweet hash tagged #mwocouncil messages to someone. He can pull the list and post it for an initial vote on survey monkey. Top 15 nominations go to final vote. Top 7 are the council

#22 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

I'd say it needs to be 9 people. You need about half big names, half people who could be called 'balanced'. 5 big name folks is great but the problem being is that no matter who someone is, somewhere someone is sick of their ****. I'd say at least 2 people who are heads of groups that get a lot of respect, 2 people who are dedicated and respected forumwhores and at least 1 person known for being reasonable. Then of the other 4 I'd really love 1 of them to be someone who got banned prior. Whatever else we can say a big part of this whole concept is trying to mend old wounds. If there's someone from the 'He Who Shall Not Be Named' who can be trusted to come back level headed and provide a reasonable dissenters opinion that would be a rock solid plan.

5 people is easy to turn into an ego tug-of-war. 9 people with a reasonable spread is going to be harder to move to a consensus but the consensus will be more valuable.

#23 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

I should be part of it. I have the necessary skills to prevent the Council from imploding or devolving into constant fights. Here is a quick image of me at work:

Posted Image

Nobody else can do it better than me. That's a fact.

#24 Agelmar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:31 PM

If you are banned then yeah... pretty good reason why you aren't or won't be part of a council.

#25 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

As to votes -

I'd absolutely go Konivig, Homeless Bill, Bishop Steiner, Roland, Adiuvo, Saxie to start with.

If we could un-ban Sandpit or Roadbeer and either was willing to be cool and constructive I think either/both would have a lot to add to the discussion.

#26 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

Bishop would be a fine person, though he can get argumentative, he generally has knowledge over the topics. Even though I generally disagree with him. He can add a lore flavor to the discussion as well.

Roland would be a good addition. He understands the game and the mechanics.

From the comp crowd, I would probably elect Siri. He is probably one of the few that would care enough to do it, at this point. UBCSlayer also pugs more than anyone I know, and is a damn good player. He would probably enjoy it as well. I would nominate Twinky, but SwK is pretty much done with MWO at this point unfortunately.

Edited by 3rdworld, 12 September 2014 - 12:39 PM.

#27 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

View PostAgelmar, on 12 September 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

If you are banned then yeah... pretty good reason why you aren't or won't be part of a council.

Here's the thing though. This is being done for a *reason*. A lot of these folks got banned for being outraged over slights, real and perceived. While I don't agree with anyone doing stuff that gets you banned (I find it unlikely anyone has been banned for regular/civil forum behavior, even when it's critical of PGI. I do that all the time) I do get that many of these people have insights into what has really pissed people off the most over the years in regards to this topic.

This is being done to mend fences and build bridges. I get the sense that Russ is a bit skeptical we can carry our half of the burden and I get why - we have a tendency to flip out like spoiled children and not agree with anything. We're a group of mostly middle-aged gamers, expectations should be on the low-side.

If this is going to happen though let's not blow an opportunity to actually turn stuff around and use this how it's best intended.

#28 Crazyeyes244

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPlanet Helen

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

People have been pissed on both sides of this. Russ came forward with the olive branch and I think we need to give the opportunity to come forward and join in the civil discussion to the people who have been banned. Gaijin recent has done the same, giving their players amnesty for a fresh start once they released Star Conflict.

#29 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

Founders? :ph34r:

#30 Pendraco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 469 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostGarandos, on 12 September 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

So, for the Dialog about ECM, we should elect a "council" of spokesmen, i would suggest we use this thread to get some nominees up.

After, the guys and gals we decide on, should organise a different thread, to discuss the Topic of ECM in itself.

This is, just to be seen as suggestion thought :)

i would think, 5 people would be a good start for a "council team"

My personal choice for nominating people would be:

- IraqiWalker, reason, i see him posting a lot, he has solid ideas and a broad knowledge about the game

-Konivig, for about the same reason

and as a third nominee, i would suggest Egomane, as he is in touch with the Devs anyway in one way or another, as he is a mod.

I would say, we do our nominations over the weekend, and on Monday, we simply count who got the most voices.

Better ideas? Lets her them :)

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this! I know there has been a lot of good idea's written on how ECM should be handled over the last few years on these forums!

Posted Image

#31 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Need to create a list of candidates and put that to a vote. The top 9 vote getters will be on the council and we can move forward from there.

#32 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Watch the ban talk let's not tos ourselves. But your right there must be inclusion, and at least one person who can rep the other mwo related forums.

#33 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

Konivig, Adiuvo, Joseph, McGrawl, StJobe, and Roland for sure.

Bishop would be a terrible candidate tho due to his agenda driven posts, quick to personally attack those that disagree with him, and massive ego.

Edited by lockwoodx, 12 September 2014 - 12:45 PM.

#34 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

No offense to anyone, as I personally like the nominees so far, I just am not a fan of "councils" in general. Seems way too much like a popularity contest.

There are a lot of great ideas floating around out there and no reason to preclude any of them just because they didn't come from the prom king/queens.

In a scenario like this, ALL members of this forum should be considered part the "council" if they post and contribute here on a regular basis.

Just my 2 c-bills.

#35 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 12 September 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

No offense to anyone, as I personally like the nominees so far, I just am not a fan of "councils" in general. Seems way too much like a popularity contest.

I prefer to call it democracy.

#36 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

To quote the great, late Roadbeer: this is serious business and needs a poll.

#37 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:46 PM

View PostHeffay, on 12 September 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

Nobody else can do it better than me. That's a fact.

What? Niko is 100500 times more talented than you
Spoiler

#38 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

Because this has worked so well for CCP.

(Honestly, I'm mostly razzing, I don't know the math on whether the EVE Online Player Council or whatever has helped or hurt or what, beyond some hilarious stories of FanFest shenanigans.)

#39 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 12 September 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

Well at least we know that these people are sane and can play.

#40 Agelmar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

I've spent a lot of money on this game. I've been as angry as anyone. I didn't come post belligerently and get myself banned. Doing that shows that the person doesn't have the ability to handle adversity in a healthy way and would be a POOR choice for representing the player base. The "council" would just be a new avenue for that type of personality to flip out and act immature.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users