Lrm/ecm/tag Interaction

2 replies to this topic

#1 BigFatGator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 265 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

Just got done a match where I had my TAG painting a Stalker under ECM closing in on my JM6-A with 3xALMR15 from 450m... and my missiles kept missing.

MyTAG was definitely on target, could see the little crosshair on the mech from the moment of launch to when it should have impacted, and the Stalker was selected as target and I could see the paper doll for it... but my LRM salvos were just flying behind and over the Stalker as it closed in.

I'd thought as long as I kept my TAG lit up on something I could hit it even under ECM- Does TAG only negate one ECM?

Edited by BigFatGator, 12 September 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#2 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:01 AM

You had a lock but the missiles missed anyway? Did you maintain the lock until the missiles hit? No radar dep on him or ADD on your part? Otherwise, it might have been desync. I've seen all manner of silliness happen as a result of the server issues we've had of late.

#3 BigFatGator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 265 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:08 AM

View PostTim East, on 13 September 2014 - 02:01 AM, said:

You had a lock but the missiles missed anyway? Did you maintain the lock until the missiles hit? No radar dep on him or ADD on your part? Otherwise, it might have been desync. I've seen all manner of silliness happen as a result of the server issues we've had of late.

Yep, it was a big fat stalker coming straight at me on Alpine. I had TAG right on his center torso the whole time, had him locked and with the TAG crosshair indicator on. Missiles still missed... multiple volleys, just sailing over him. Range was 450ish meters to start out... dropping as the doompickle came at me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users