4 replies to this topic

#1 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:14 PM

So some of you may remember about a year in a half ago, that I quit updating my MWO Mechbay program due to RL issues getting in the way. Well the good news is that I've had more free time lately and after a few months of playing catch up with all the mechs released in the past year in a half, I decided to being working on this again as a good project. I've posted here to gauge how much interest there would actually be in an Offline mechbay, considering Smurfy has done such an amazing job with his online Mechlab.

With omnimechs came a whole new issue with creating a 3rd party mechlab program, and part of what has taken me so long to update this program is I've redone the backend from the ground up, again (this makes the third time I believe). Luckily with the experience I've gained from both this project and its problems in the past and my schooling, I'd like to think things are a lot cleaner on the backend. Probably the biggest change is the added reliance on external files, which some noted would be much better than hardcoding items like I did in the previously. To keep things simple, the external files are just csv files (with semi-colon delimiters instead of commas) that are essentially tables. I wanted to keep things readable as much as possible without creating a lot of headache with parsing so this is what I arrived at.

The second thing is that I wanted to move away from Java, unfortunately, Netbeans has spoiled me with its ease of GUI program development. Combined with the fact that the GUI is quite extensive, I decided to go ahead and wait to port over until after I got everything updated and working to switch to a different language. I will most likely be switching to C# due to the similarities between C# and Java, making porting over a lot easier (though I would really prefer to switch over to Python).

Here are some screenshots of what I have so far...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Seeker Kirov

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

Looks like SSW.

#3 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:48 PM

Looks good, what information are you storing in the csv? Right now they have a functional API that will list all mech parts through JSON which might help you out more. Basically call everything directly from the web type of thing.

#4 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:02 PM

View PostDark DeLaurel, on 12 September 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

Looks good, what information are you storing in the csv? Right now they have a functional API that will list all mech parts through JSON which might help you out more. Basically call everything directly from the web type of thing.

Well my files contain more info than what they are using, though I do have a python script for parsing their XMLs and throwing it into a CSV file, for weapons, ammo, and equipment that is. I still have to make a script for parsing info for Mechs, which is hard thanks to the way I handle things for my extra 'features'.

As for looking like SSW, that is because I like how SSW works and both are Java. It also takes a lot of its layout from MW4 as well, so it should look like SSW and MW4 had a mechlab baby.

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 12 September 2014 - 08:06 PM.

#5 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

So after some work and having to rework chunks of my code due to reaching limits within Java (too much code in one file), I finally got basic functionality to actually release so you can theory-craft on those Wave II mechs, CN9-AHs, AS7-Ss, or King Crabs. Some stuff is disabled due to either being forced to rework how the program handles it (Artemis/Apollo, Mixtech/Futuretech, and AMS) but you are at least able to place things on a mech and customize them.

Now there are bound to be bugs because I haven't really tried to break too much, so let me know of any if you find them, and I will try to fix them up.

MWO Mechbay w/o Images (320kb) -> https://dl.dropboxus...th%20Images.zip
MWO Mechbay w/ Images (42mb) -> http://url=https://d...O%20Mechbay.zip

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users