Most Underated Mech

49 replies to this topic

#41 MarkFBD

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:48 PM

Commandos. I'm in the process of getting final 21,000 xp for extra module. I used Ds and Bs. Really enjoyable and cheap as all get out. Many times overlooked on battlefield bc I was driving one.......either that or my opponents think I'm a terrible player. Either way COMMANDO!

#42 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:12 PM

Stormcrow

Most people know it as a pretty good mech. I am here to say that it is the best medium in the game and I would take it over most heavies minus the Timberwolf.

It is fast, powerful, and mobile. It can take a beating and give one. It can brawl in limited dosages, it can skirmish or bring close/long range missle support.

It may not look like a Ferrari but it feels like one.

#43 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:27 AM

Stormcrow isn't underrated though, lol. Everyone and their dog knows how good it is.

#44 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

View PostAnassi, on 14 September 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

Gotta agree with the Adder.

It doesn't look like much at first but the little **** can fit a surprising amount of firepower for a mech it's size. Want two PPCs? Gotcha. Want four SRM6s? Gotcha. Want an AC20? Gotcha there too. All three examples are actually functional builds and not some troll builds with no armor and half an engine.

It also is pretty much the opposite of a priority target, if you pilot an Adder you will generally be left alone as long as you are not the only target in sight. I've had some seriously decent games with the Adder simply because I could run around and crotch-punch the bigger mechs nearly unmolested. And while the flamer is mostly useless it's just half a ton wasted. The Adder has enough pod space with it's undersized engine.

My thoughts exactly. I love surprising people with the Gauss Adder.

#45 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 23 November 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

My thoughts exactly. I love surprising people with the Gauss Adder.

I like the UAC20/LBX20 adder.

#46 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:59 PM

The best part about your scores, FlyingGecko, is that it's in a 1V. The Locust 1E can do pretty well since 6 small pulses give you can alpha of 24. But the 1V means you either used a single large laser to get that or a medium laser with some machine guns. And I'll be really impressed if it's with the machine guns.

View Postvnlk65n, on 06 November 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

Thank you for not understanding what 'underrated' means.

Yes, thank you to those who grasp the premise of this thread and aren't just bashing a mech. I've said it before on other threads but I truly believe any mech can do well. You just gotta find its niche. Anyone can do well in a meta mech. The truly good pilots also excel in the other mechs.

#47 Noir Alvarez

Rookie

• Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:24 AM

Call me strange but I do consider the Warhawk (all variants) a very underrated mech, and I'm not talking about that B build with 70 lrms, while it doesn't match the Direwolf in regards to armor or firepower its not trying to, its a faster and considerably more agile beast that is easily overlooked due to being the middle child between the two wolves.

Its an easy mistake to consider the hawk a light direwolf, but its not, the warhawk is a mech with the agility to deal with harassing lights a direwhale could never fight off, the firepower to make its presence felt, the speed to bring that firepower when and where its needed most and the staying power to outlast enemy mechs trying to do the same.

The Warhawks truly excel when you can read the battlefield, they don't lead from front like the direwolf and atlas (they can do this but its not their role), but rather they should be leading flanking attacks and bringing their surprising burst damage into play from an unexpected quarter before backing off to strike from another position.

Give the hawk a chance and it may not just surprise you, but anyone unfortunate enough to be in its cross-hairs.

Edited by Noir Alvarez, 26 November 2014 - 10:32 PM.

#48 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 24 November 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

I like the UAC20/LBX20 adder.

Gonna try both tonight and see how I like them---I want to lean towards lbx-20 ac for the more concentrated damage but the screenshake/blinding effect of the UAC might be nice too.

I ran once just now with the UAC20---I defnitely surprised a firestarter.

#49 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:44 PM

IS quirks throw most of this list out.

I can put up stupid numbers in the Adder - it's under-rated-ness stands out a bit more in the light of the Mist Lynx and Ice Ferret.

#50 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:58 PM

2nd match in UAC20 adder:

Posted Image

I like it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users