11 replies to this topic

#1 Huru MorDae

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

A Brief History
Originally the Donegal guard was founded before 2341 as The Protectorate of Donegal.

At its prime the Donegal guard consisted of 20 battlemech brigades, by far the largest standing collection of battlemechs within the Lyran Alliance. By 3049 the Donegal guard consisted of 17 veteran and regular brigades, and 1 elite Jaeger Guard, as well as an astonishing 80 brigades of non Battlemech units, the largest standing military of the Lyran Alliance.

The objective
-To unite smaller units into one cohesive Command Structure, thus strengthening the resolve of House Steiner.
-To allow House Steiner players without a unit a larger selection of Historical units to join.
-To jointly gather intelligence from games and develop better tactical and strategic play through shared experience.
-To win.
-Ultimately to have fun.

How it benefits you
[The Mechwarrior]
Are you a lone wolf looking for a group to join?
Perhaps you want to play House Steiner but have no unit to join?
Maybe you just want to blow something up.
As a lone Mechjock against the world having a dedicated group of pilots to drop with can greatly improve your chances. Check the next post to find a suitable Battalion, fell free to message any of the assigned commanders to feel out if their unit is right for you.

[The MechCaptain]
Have a group of friends and looking to start a small unit?
Already have a unit and looking to develop your tactical and strategic skills through shared intelligence from other units?
Commanders gifted with joining the Donegal Guards Start with the rank of Hauptmann (captain) and can work their way up the command ladder as their unit increases in prestige among the guard, as well as contributions to the Lyran Commonwealth. Contact Me, Huru MorDae personally for info.

Join Now!
[Link to website comming SoonTM]
[Inspirational poster here]

[Reserved for Brigades info]
1st Donegal Guards Jaegers - Donegal command Staff - Contact Huru MorDae
2nd Donegal Guards - The Unwearied Second - Open
3rd Donegal Guards - The Justice Brigade - Open
4th Donegal Guards - The Red Horde - Open
5th Donegal Guards - Bulldogs - Open
6th Donegal Guards - White Hawks - Open
7th Donegal Guards - Earth Quakers - Open
8th Donegal Guards - Mud Wrestlers - Open
9th Donegal Guards - [Unnamed] - Open
10th Donegal Guards - Lillys Lancers - Open*
11th Donegal Guards - The Push-me Pull-Yous - Open
12th Donegal Guards - The Crocodiles - Open*
13th Donegal Guards - The Black Cats - Open
14th Donegal Guards - The Dawn Chargers - Open
15th Donegal Guards - [Unnamed] - Open
16th Donegal Guards - [Unnamed] - Open
17th Donegal Guards - The Cheshire Cats - Open
18th Donegal Guards - [Unnamed] - Open

*Brigades marked with a [*] are reserved for units wanting to form and play before clans are introduced that wish later to move to join the clans. (in fluff these units where destroyed in 3050 by Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon).

Edited by Huru MorDae, 22 June 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#2 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:02 AM

Just to give you an update. I represent the (german) 12th Donegal Guards. We are proud to announce that we have already a full bataillon of pilots at the ready. Verification: www.12donegal.de (german language only).

#3 Chuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationKelestra City, Furillo, Grand Duchy of Furillo

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

Hate to bust your bubble, but they're not allowing players to control Canon units. You could probably get away with using the ones that aren't expressly named in canon, like the 9th or 15th.

Edited by Chuggernaut, 16 July 2012 - 12:06 AM.

#4 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:47 AM

View PostChuggernaut, on 16 July 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

Hate to bust your bubble, but they're not allowing players to control Canon units. You could probably get away with using the ones that aren't expressly named in canon, like the 9th or 15th.

Well you arent busting "my bubble". But it's entirely to us how we name ourselves. If the canon units are handled as described, we can't control them directly anyways. Nevertheless you see entire units out there, which were named after them.

#5 HarleyRK

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

support for Von Falkenstein!!!

so Huru please put us on the list ;)

#6 Chuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationKelestra City, Furillo, Grand Duchy of Furillo

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostVon Falkenstein, on 16 July 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

But it's entirely to us how we name ourselves.

It's not, though, is what I'm trying to tell you.  If you try and form a unit and enter the name "12th Donegal Guards" it will tell you it's invalid just as much as if you tried to enter a bunch of foul language.

Edited by Chuggernaut, 16 July 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#7 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSummer, Skye Federation

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

I suggest just picking a different 'team name' when forming your in game guild...'Guardians of Donegal' or some variant that passes the name/canon filters and that you're comfortable with. As for your website, keep it as is...In our unit for example, our website is named after the canon unit...nobody can tell you to change that, no matter how much people complain about canon names on the MWO forums...but what we drop with as a unit name in game is entirely up to PGI's discretion and we have to respect that, as CHuggernaut states.

Just a clarification :)

#8 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

Guys, guys. There are several player organisations, which use canon names like the 12th Vegan Rangers, Tamar Jaegers, 1st Robinson Rangers. These are also recognized in the Dev's "Application to add your merc corp"-thread. If there will be a problem with the designation, we will find a sanctioned workaround. Our chapter was founded in 2006 and we won't change our name because of speculations and rumors. Neither of us knows exactly how the Devs will handle this specific problem.

#9 TheEn4cer

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRoyal New Capetown Military Academy, New Capetown

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

I wanna be a member of the 7th Donegal Guards, but if Canoninnity comes into question then could I just be a contracted scout/merc for the Brigade.

#10 AMC Eagle

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

S'why we went with an unlisted cannon unit - 21st Arcturan Guards. Also, check out housesteiner.com for a list of already organized House Steiner units. The 12th is already listed there.

Which, upon checking, I see you already know *facepalm*

Edited by AMC Eagle, 08 February 2013 - 07:52 AM.

#11 Steadfast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 767 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

Indeed =)
~S~
Daniel

#12 Ch1r0n

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWhere the Devil Dances

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

So I see Huru hAsn't posted in here since its first post.... I must speak with him on this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users