- - - - -

"all" Chat Button Disappeared

12 replies to this topic

#1 Zaprozhan

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

While dropping into a match today, I noticed I had my "Lance", and "Team" chat buttons, but my "All" button was missing. Was it removed?

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:48 PM

All Chat is now an OPT IN feature that is disabled by default.

Hop into your options screen and you can toggle it on.

This was clearly listed in the patch notes.

#3 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:13 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 14 September 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

All Chat is now an OPT IN feature that is disabled by default.

Because being able to chat to opposing team was so OP, it totally needed a hit by NerfhammerTM.

But seriousely, what Redshift said, turn it on in settings, just prepare to face the consequences :P

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 15 September 2014 - 02:13 AM.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:10 AM

I'm guessing the Al chat at the bottom of the Elo ladder is probably a lot less pleasant than what experienced players are used to, and new players don't need to see a wall of spam and vitriol

#5 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:13 PM

View PostZaprozhan, on 14 September 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

While dropping into a match today, I noticed I had my "Lance", and "Team" chat buttons, but my "All" button was missing. Was it removed?

Enable in Options menu

#6 Carcass23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 327 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:54 PM

Please turn it back off after you play around with it. :P

#7 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:45 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 15 September 2014 - 07:10 AM, said:

I'm guessing the Al chat at the bottom of the Elo ladder is probably a lot less pleasant than what experienced players are used to, and new players don't need to see a wall of spam and vitriol

Why isn't team chat also disabled then? ...

#8 Zaprozhan

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

Thank you for the answers. It makes me a sad Zap that the newly minted Mechwarriors may miss my witty repartee, good sport greetings, and exhortations toward victory and Space Bacon ™!

#9 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:42 PM

Yeah, I don't think it had the intended effect. Instead of taunting the enemies, the jerks are taunting their teammates now.

*everyone goes to the hill except for one lance that wanders off* *stray lance gets killed, and starts insulting people for uselessly taking the hill when the enemy is elsewhere* *someone on the hill starts screaming back about how it's the HIGH GROUND and how they would have slaughtered the enemy when they tried to assault* *dead guy points out that the enemy doesn't have to assault since they're ahead on points* *BECAUSE YOU WASTED A WHOLE LANCE FOR NOTHING* etc...

#10 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostZaprozhan, on 14 September 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

of course not.

#11 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:57 PM

View Postterrycloth, on 16 September 2014 - 02:42 PM, said:

Yeah, I don't think it had the intended effect. Instead of taunting the enemies, the jerks are taunting their teammates now.

*everyone goes to the hill except for one lance that wanders off* *stray lance gets killed, and starts insulting people for uselessly taking the hill when the enemy is elsewhere* *someone on the hill starts screaming back about how it's the HIGH GROUND and how they would have slaughtered the enemy when they tried to assault* *dead guy points out that the enemy doesn't have to assault since they're ahead on points* *BECAUSE YOU WASTED A WHOLE LANCE FOR NOTHING* etc...

I had a chuckle when I was the last mech on our team and it was 5 vs 1. I was running a Kit Fox with two CERLLs on Manifold and I'd spent the first half of the map up on the rim taking pot shots and spotting for LRMs before jumping down to get more into the battle. So our penultimate mech goes down (a mech I was wingmanning to help take down a spider) and I see a smoking enemy mech, fire at it, and it goes down. A few of the enemies see me take out the mech so I run around on the second level of the main platform to try to get behind one of the mechs chasing me. I find one mech on the ramp up to the top and kill him, then head up top where I find an Awesome and figure it'll be over soon.

I use the middle pillars for cover until the information comes up and see the Awesome is showing lots of internals so I take a chance, pop out, and kill it. It's now just 2v1 but while I was killing the Awesome an AC40 Jager comes up to the top. I try to skirt around using the pillars for cover until the mech information comes up but get nailed with a pair of AC20 rounds and killed.

All the while I had a 'teammate' telling me to go back up to the rim of Manifold and snipe at the mechs and criticizing me for 'running towards the Jager'. I ended up with 6 kills and 4 assists and about 600 damage done but I guess I didn't carry hard enough for that teammate.

#12 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:23 PM

View PostRuccus, on 16 September 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

It's now just 2v1 but while I was killing the Awesome an AC40 Jager comes up to the top. I try to skirt around using the pillars for cover until the mech information comes up but get nailed with a pair of AC20 rounds and killed.

To be fair, this is where you should of bailed... You could of toasted that Ac-40 jag from afar :) (not saying you didn't try,) was kinda hard to visualize that part of the story, But it sounded like, you saw him and danced around up top for longer than you should of.. Of course with hind-site most matches are a win. but good show non-the-less.

#13 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 16 September 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:

To be fair, this is where you should of bailed... You could of toasted that Ac-40 jag from afar :) (not saying you didn't try,) was kinda hard to visualize that part of the story, But it sounded like, you saw him and danced around up top for longer than you should of.. Of course with hind-site most matches are a win. but good show non-the-less.

Bailing meant turning around and showing my back to the AC40 Jager, which I wasn't about to do (he came up the ramp right behind the Awesome so I was pretty much in the open and staring at him when the Awesome went down). I turned about 50 degrees to my left and accelerated to try to get the five middle pillars between him and me so I could either bail off the other side or attack internals if he was red, but he shot me through the pillars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users