- - - - -

Trail Mechs And Xp

9 replies to this topic

#1 PlagueSon

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:11 AM

Why do trail mechs have an xp bonus. I have only been playing a few days but I have noticed that I have virtually no xp except for gxp I made from Achiv's. So what is the xp bonus on these mechs for. Yet I just finished a match that said I earned over 1000 xp. So where is it and since it's not there, why?

#2 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

You have to buy the chassis in order to see/use the XP you've earned on it. Don't worry, the XP is there - you just can't access it yet because you don't own the 'mech yet. You don't have to buy the trial version itself, all XP earned on a trial 'mech chassis applies to any other 'mech you buy of that same chassis. So, right now, if you've been playing with the Highlander trial 'mech, and then later you buy a normal (non-Champion) 733C, you'll still have XP built up for it.

Edited by Bloodweaver, 15 September 2014 - 06:30 AM.

#3 PlagueSon

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:34 AM

View PostBloodweaver, on 15 September 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

You have to buy the chassis in order to see/use the XP you've earned on it. Don't worry, the XP is there - you just can't access it yet because you don't own the 'mech yet. You don't have to buy the trial version itself, all XP earned on a trial 'mech chassis applies to any other 'mech you buy of that same chassis. So, right now, if you've been playing with the Highlander trial 'mech, and then later you buy a normal (non-Champion) 733C, you'll still have XP built up for it.

Thanks Bloodweaver

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:34 AM

you can only use XP on Mechs you own, as you do not own the Trial Mechs (consider them as on loan to you) you are earning the XP but are unable to use it until you purchase a Mech of that model.

e.g. if you use the Trial Jenner JR7-F (c) to use the XP you accumulate you will have to purchase ether a JR7-F for MC (MC is purchased with real money) or Cbills (earned in game currency) or a JR7-F(c) for MC . the advantage to buying the (c) is that it has many of the upgrades done already, but it costs real money the advantage to buying the JF7-F (without the (c)) is that it does not cost real money, the disadvantage is that it will cost almost 10,000,000 Cbills to purchase and fully outfit, this is about 90 games at my average earnings

when you own the Mech you can spend the XP by, going to the skills tab (along the top of the interface), then select the relevant Mech, and the chassis variant. you are then shown a screen where you can spend the Mech XP or exchange it for GXP (at the cost of MC)

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 15 September 2014 - 06:39 AM.

#5 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:51 AM

Aff, these two folks know what they are talking about. :)
I would also like to add that, should you buy a 'Mech and later sell it, you will retain however much XP you earned for that 'Mech variant, as well as any unlocked skills it has. (Outfitted equipment will not be retained (although engines and weapons etc. will only be sold if you so choose) and upgrades like Double Heat Sinks will be lost)

#6 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostPlagueSon, on 15 September 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

Thanks Bloodweaver

You're welcome!

#7 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:01 AM

View PostPlagueSon, on 15 September 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

Why do trail mechs have an xp bonus. I have only been playing a few days but I have noticed that I have virtually no xp except for gxp I made from Achiv's. So what is the xp bonus on these mechs for. Yet I just finished a match that said I earned over 1000 xp. So where is it and since it's not there, why?

You can take a look on the XP you earned with Trial Mechs when you klick on the "Statistics" Button in the MWO home menu.

#8 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:17 AM

XP is attached to the mech it was earned on, so you can't "see" that XP you earned unless you own the same chassis.

The fact the Trial have an XP boost is more like a side effect of having the "Champion Mechs" as trial mechs. Champion mechs are premium content that are standard variants which have an XP boost (and in most cases upgrades preequipped)

#9 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:46 PM

Here is an in depth look at battlemech xp and how it works. Hope this helps with any question you have.

#10 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostWonderSparks, on 15 September 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

Aff, these two folks know what they are talking about. :)
I would also like to add that, should you buy a 'Mech and later sell it, you will retain however much XP you earned for that 'Mech variant, as well as any unlocked skills it has. (Outfitted equipment will not be retained (although engines and weapons etc. will only be sold if you so choose) and upgrades like Double Heat Sinks will be lost)

Regarding leftover XP when selling mechs - if you want to convert excess mech XP to GXP (costs real money also) you have to do that BEFORE the sale, otherwise it reverts to invisible (and untouchable) Ghost XP again.

*edit* stupid auto correct still doesn't recognize "mech" after two years on this forum

Edited by Blalok, 16 September 2014 - 10:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users