• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

I wish the best of luck to any of you that attempt the tournament this weekend in a stock mech if you do.

#22 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:33 PM

View Postt Khrist, on 03 October 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

I wish the best of luck to any of you that attempt the tournament this weekend in a stock mech if you do.

I did not have the time to really do anything for games, so I wasn't able to participate in this event this time. Otherwise, you bet I would have been out there showing people how to really play MW! (AKA: Probably would be getting slaughtered, but I do decent enough and I have lots of fun!)

I do wonder what my rank would be in my stock mechs... Guess I wont know this time at least.

#23 Mordale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:04 AM

If you guys need another Unit to fight against,..Let us Know! We love our Stock mechs too!!!
<S>

#24 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostMordale, on 06 October 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

If you guys need another Unit to fight against,..Let us Know! We love our Stock mechs too!!!
<S>

Should check out the SMM thread. Stock mechs, every Monday. (And tech era Wednesday, and something for Saturday too...)

#25 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:55 PM

Stock Mech Monday is now a GO!

#26 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:37 AM

After a while off MW:O (I was moving and had no computer set up for close to a month), I'll be playing for a short while on my stock mechs.

#27 Endbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

I love this idea! Will give it a go sometime.

#28 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostEndbringer, on 30 October 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

I love this idea! Will give it a go sometime.

I find it a fun challenge personally, but i do warn that if "rocking the top of the chart" and competitive play is your thing, you will probably find this frustrating. On the flip side though, I also feel that running mechs stock in public can greatly improve one's skills, especially in heat management, ammo conservation and situational awareness (you move slower so predicting opponent's movements and not being caught alone/in the side can be very important).

Edited by Tesunie, 30 October 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#29 Endbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostTesunie, on 30 October 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

I find it a fun challenge personally, but i do warn that if "rocking the top of the chart" and competitive play is your thing, you will probably find this frustrating. On the flip side though, I also feel that running mechs stock in public can greatly improve one's skills, especially in heat management, ammo conservation and situational awareness (you move slower so predicting opponent's movements and not being caught alone/in the side can be very important).

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm as casual as you can get. This is right up my alley.

#30 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:55 PM

SMM is already happening! Anyone interested, just say the word! (AKA: Look at the first post of the Stock mech Monday linked thread. Should be in my first post.)

#31 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:37 PM

To those that this concerns:
We now have a decision to make about the unit. What faction do we wish to support? I plan on doing things on a 7 day rotation so far, so we can cover many different factions (if people desire). Other ideas? Which faction should be first?

#32 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:49 PM

After much haggling, the Stock Mech Corps has managed to snag a contract for our services to the FRR. The invasion from some unknown and yet undetermined forces are forcing the FRR into seeking help wherever they can.

We shall keep you posted as things progress.

#33 ThatDamnWolf

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationUsually not where he should be!

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

Hey, just a heads up that Stock Era Wednesdays are running Succession Wars (Tech 1) tonight. As long as we get enough pilots we'll start dropping around 9:30 PM EST.

Also TRO played in their first CW match during the weekend. Even though the fighting was brutal, the clans managed to destroy our gun battery. It was actually interesting to see that the stock mechs held up as well as they did. Lt Kataren put up a respectable 750ish damage with his hunchbacks and his orion, while my catapults eeked out a little over 500 damage before the cannon fell. I still had two mechs in reserve when the game ended and my K2 was still in pretty decent shape. The clanner's push was well coordinated and, sadly, we could not match their speed when rushed the cannon. Well played to both teams!

ThatDamnWolf
Over and Out

#34 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

Currently running attacks on the FRR of Leoben. So far, we've met with unusual success...

Stock Mech Corps continues to try and serve the Innersphere, and it's FRR for it's week long contract. Next up, I think some action on the DC side of the clan boarder? What say the rest of the Lance?

#35 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

I'd like to just say, Stock mechs are NOT DEAD!

Posted Image

AND! That was against the CLANS! WOOHO!

#36 RF Greywolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:21 PM

From what I have heard the DC is getting hit pretty hard from the clan front. They definitely could use the help, even if it is us. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users