1496 replies to this topic

#1141 Griggio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:52 AM

View PostCimarb, on 20 September 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

Contact support. I am sure they are pretty overwhelmed right now, but they have been upgrading wave 1 stuff since it was first released. The "upgrade button" you are looking for is just a web interface to save them work.

Sadly from a recent post from the Dev's they have been unable to manually refund and adjust Wave 1 since they switched to the new payment system.

Also sadly beer consumption has impaired my ability to find said thread :P

#1142 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:30 AM

Anyone know the status on their Wave 1 Upgrade feature? I'm waiting patiently to upgrade my Summoner/Timberwolf $110 purchase to a Masakari Package so I can get my hands on that SEXY Mad Dog.

#1143 Lonesonne

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

Hurrah!

#1144 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 21 September 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

Anyone know the status on their Wave 1 Upgrade feature? I'm waiting patiently to upgrade my Summoner/Timberwolf $110 purchase to a Masakari Package so I can get my hands on that SEXY Mad Dog.

I believe you well get your upgrade on Tuesday 23th after the upcoming patch.

#1145 Sickboy78

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

Any chance of you guys at PGI are actually finishing the core content of the game and stop working on stuff to squeeze money out of us? No matter how tempting all these new mechs are, I, like many, will not drop another single dime on this game till you actually give me a reason to play beyond a half dozen maps and continuously redundant death match. Sorry, been waiting too long for you too follow through with your promises to put any kind of trust in here.

#1146 JHackworth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostSickboy78, on 21 September 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

Any chance of you guys at PGI are actually finishing the core content of the game and stop working on stuff to squeeze money out of us? No matter how tempting all these new mechs are, I, like many, will not drop another single dime on this game till you actually give me a reason to play beyond a half dozen maps and continuously redundant death match. Sorry, been waiting too long for you too follow through with your promises to put any kind of trust in here.

You don't have to buy a damn thing if you don't want to. I, for one, am happy that there are others willing to subsidize this game for me.

#1147 Woodstock

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:35 AM

Will we be able to buy individual mechs alacart as with the other clan packs.

ie - I want to use REAL money to buy the 3 Loki's

not MC

not Cbills

#1148 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:53 AM

View PostLiGhtningFF13, on 21 September 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

I believe you well get your upgrade on Tuesday 23th after the upcoming patch.
I meant the ability to upgrade to the Masakari package. The 'upgrade' box that was under the Mad Dog shows up blank to me now and does not even say 'Upgrade' anymore.

Core Content? You mean like the Clans so that the Invasion and Clan vs IS warfare can occur? You know, that core content? Try to think before you make an idiotic post next time. Clans are core content and I can't wait for Community Warfare to start now that they're included in the mix.

View PostWoodstock, on 22 September 2014 - 12:35 AM, said:

Will we be able to buy individual mechs alacart as with the other clan packs.

ie - I want to use REAL money to buy the 3 Loki's

not MC

not Cbills
I'm not 100% without checking, but I believe the FAQ said that 'al a carte' was going to happen or being looked into, not sure which. Go to the Wave 2 page and look for the YELLOW text that says FAQ which should be a hotlink to the FAQ post.

#1149 Woodstock

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:02 AM

cheers it says ...

Q: Is there an opportunity to upgrade my A La Carte purchases?
The Web Devs hope to have this available ASAP.

and

Q: Will Wave 2 include A La Carte options?
Yes, these will be made available before the end of September.

Edited by Woodstock, 22 September 2014 - 01:04 AM.

#1150 Nayonac

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 81 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKorriban

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:09 AM

View PostJHackworth, on 21 September 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

You don't have to buy a damn thing if you don't want to. I, for one, am happy that there are others willing to subsidize this game for me.

At the end of the day PGI need money to make your game content and so buying stuff is in everyone's best interests.
If everyone stopped paying they would stop making and thus no more game...
More people spend the more staff they can hire and thus the more content you get.
And if all the Russ posts and blogs are to believed they have already made your new content, they are just rounding it out and finishing it off ready for at latest the 31st of December(Hope they make the deadline).

So get your friends playing and paying, get their friends playing and paying etc ;)
More people playing and paying = more game.
You only need to look at Monster MMO'S like WOW with 9 million subs at $10 a shot per month, and they get like 1 bit of content a year(which they pay for aswell), MWO seems to get new stuff weekly with challenges and new mechs.

Good Job from PGI currently with all the comms and updates, the game seems to have come a long way in the last 5 months (atmosphere wise)

Edited by Nayonac, 22 September 2014 - 01:20 AM.

#1151 Effectz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 349 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

What exactly have you bought?yeah don't buy anything just let everyone else fund the game you play.

#1152 bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

A question regarding the Faction Content, is this going to be a choice like the IS Faction medallions in the previous pack, or is this going to be based on your "chosen" faction? I ask, since our unit is one of the ones that has an incorrect faction associated, Merc Corps instead of Clan Wolf. (which is even more fun cause my forum profile is Clan Wolf as well).

I'm sorta assuming this will be a choice like the medallions were, since any IS faction aligned player wouldn't be tied to any Clan Faction, so should be able to choose which one(s) they would want when purchasing this pack.

#1153 Griggio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

View Postbane, on 22 September 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

A question regarding the Faction Content, is this going to be a choice like the IS Faction medallions in the previous pack, or is this going to be based on your "chosen" faction? I ask, since our unit is one of the ones that has an incorrect faction associated, Merc Corps instead of Clan Wolf. (which is even more fun cause my forum profile is Clan Wolf as well).

I'm sorta assuming this will be a choice like the medallions were, since any IS faction aligned player wouldn't be tied to any Clan Faction, so should be able to choose which one(s) they would want when purchasing this pack.

I'm about 98% certain you can choose which faction rewards you want. As you said since Clan will be playable regardless of you faction in the original game modes it would be silly not too.

I'm still waiting for an update on Masaraki Collection upgrades myself.

#1154 Penance

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

Tomorrow can't come fast enough...DAT MAD DOG!!

#1155 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

Actually, somebody posted a screenshot upthread showing that you can select one faction-bling reward for each level of the Wave II pack.

Ice Ferret (level 1)? 1 selection. Gargoyle (level 4)? 4.

Tied to Profile/Unit Faction? Nope.

Choices? Yep, and the more chassis you get the more choices you appear to have.

#1156 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:42 PM

No response since my order on the 18th... not worried except for missing out on the Mad Dog scoop...

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 22 September 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#1157 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:52 PM

Looking at being able to grab these soon, as I get paid in October.

Hate to ask, but anyone know if I grab the first tier (30$) nowdoes the Month 1 Polygon camo apply to only that tier, or if I upgrade will it apply to others?
I feel like I aught to know the answer to this, but I cannot remember. :blush:

#1158 Griggio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:00 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 22 September 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

Looking at being able to grab these soon, as I get paid in October.

Hate to ask, but anyone know if I grab the first tier (30$) nowdoes the Month 1 Polygon camo apply to only that tier, or if I upgrade will it apply to others?
I feel like I aught to know the answer to this, but I cannot remember. :blush:

In wave 1 they were only applying the pre-purachase rewards to the mechs you pre-purchased. Someone posted something from Russ somewhere around here saying it should applied to upgrades later on as well, but from what I read it seemed like they were talking about two different things.

Pre-Purchase = buying the packs before the injection dates

or:

Pre-purchase = buying the packs gets you access before the MC/C-bill release.

Just got the reposnse through support from Niko today on Wave 1 upgrades. Looks like those of us who need Wave 1 upgrades are still stuck until the end of the month unless they magically get this working. Not the end of the world but disappointing to say the least.

Edited by Griggio, 22 September 2014 - 01:12 PM.

#1159 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:04 PM

View PostGriggio, on 22 September 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

In wave 1 they were only applying the pre-purachase rewards to the mechs you pre-purchased. Someone posted something from Russ somewhere around here saying it should applied to upgrades later on as well, but from what I read it seemed like they were talking about two different things.

Sorry about this, but my head is rather fuzzy from the cold I am dealing with.

In other words, if I buy tier 1, the polygon camo should apply to the other tiers if I upgrade next month?

#1160 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:07 PM

View PostZelthar the mecha wizard, on 22 September 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

Hey, Russ. I just bought the "Man-o-War" Collection but, I'm not really a fan of the Hellbringer, is there anyway I can have it given to a friend of mine? I only want the Mad Dog and the other 'mechs.
Not really no, they'd have to wait for A La Carte to get just the Hellbringer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users