#1361 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostCimarb, on 31 October 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

I have a very good life, actually: one that allows me to check the forums multiple times a day while making a very good living. Perks of IT life.

Not sure what that has to do with someone failing to bother reading the FAQ before asking a frequently asked question, though...

Sorry, my humor is often dry. I would have been a commedian, but I'm afraid everyone would laugh at me ~Grins. I was trying to make a poor attempt at humor by playing devils advocate. I am fairly meticulous when it comes to forum browsing myself. Just because I love to gossip, and I'm worse than an old maid, at a knitting convention. =] No worries, for soon we shall have COMMUNITY WARFARE!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!

#1362 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:11 PM

Anyone excited about the soon to be released Ice Ferret?

I am still kinda tempted to upgrade from the mist lynx to the ice ferret but we still haven't seen any in game sizes or hitboxes. I am just worried that it might get the super tall treb treatment and we all know how common they are nowdays.

#1363 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 31 October 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

I am still kinda tempted to upgrade from the mist lynx to the ice ferret but we still haven't seen any in game sizes or hitboxes. I am just worried that it might get the super tall treb treatment and we all know how common they are nowdays.

And according to those type of releases, the Shadow Hawk was DoA, right? Just buy it and love it like the rest of us will :-D

#1364 Cellinor

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:01 AM

Cimarb are you a member of the PGI staff or someone they have contracted with to provide services?

#1365 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:59 AM

I am! I can't wait to pilot it. It's going to be a blast! Woot!

#1366 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:15 AM

Of course I am excited, a 45ton, 130kph Clan ERPPC!!!

View PostSandtiger, on 03 November 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

I am! I can't wait to pilot it. It's going to be a blast! Woot!

#1367 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:43 PM

so honestly, is there any word yet on picking faction contents and such? like when we will get to pick them?

#1368 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:51 PM

View PostCellinor, on 03 November 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

Cimarb are you a member of the PGI staff or someone they have contracted with to provide services?

Nope. I just pay attention.

View PostUminix, on 03 November 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

so honestly, is there any word yet on picking faction contents and such? like when we will get to pick them?

I have asked Russ for a confirmation on this several times, but have not been able to get one. The closest thing I have received is a response making sure I would be ok with only getting the one camo if they did that (so for instance I would get four sets of the CGB items, including the one camo, since you obviously cannot get four of the same camo). That makes me believe it will be an option.

#1369 Cellinor

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:03 PM

Then stop acting like you are. You get right down to it the only one who should be answering questions on PGI's behalf should be PGI representatives.

Edited by Cellinor, 03 November 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#1370 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:19 PM

View PostCellinor, on 03 November 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

Then stop acting like you are. You get right down to it the only one who should be answering questions on PGI's behalf should be PGI representatives.

Have you never been on a forum before? This is how community forums work...

Do you really think PGI is going to answer everyone's individual questions? No, they answer what they do, and everything else is up to the rest of us to cover. Be thankful that some of us DO pay attention enough to answer your lazy questions.

View PostUminix, on 03 November 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

I just got an answer from him, actually: https://twitter.com/...502302831644673

@russ_bullock: @cimarbs yes we will allow 4 of the same - this will all happen before Dec 16

#1371 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:22 PM

View PostCimarb, on 03 November 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

Have you never been on a forum before? This is how community forums work...

Do you really think PGI is going to answer everyone's individual questions? No, they answer what they do, and everything else is up to the rest of us to cover. Be thankful that some of us DO pay attention enough to answer your lazy questions.

Posted Image

Edited by White Bear 84, 03 November 2014 - 09:22 PM.

#1372 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:57 AM

yea, but I was curious about the dates, already knew by December 16th, was hoping for a more firm answer though, and thanks, as some of us DO appreciate the efforts of others! ;)

#1373 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:09 AM

I don't know why you'd want 4 of the same to be honest.

Yes, you'll get duplicates of some hanging / mounted items, but you'll be losing out on 9 colours and up to 15 camo unlocks. (and the same number of, admittedly different cockpit items).
That's losing out on a potential 27750MCs worth of stuff you paid for. That's over a $100 package of MC.
For 5000ishMCs worth of duplicate cockpit items.

Just seems like a bad value choice to me.

#1374 Masterrix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:09 AM

did I see correct: the new Ice-Ferret preview video shows a Prime-variant without the priviously used Primo-camo of Wave1?

well, although Im not a fan of having fix camos for Primes and Founders, I would still pever some kind of "homogeneity", so either "all" primes should have a fix camo, or "no" prime should have it

Edited by Masterrix, 04 November 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#1375 TamerSA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:10 AM

Wait what?... I thought that when you choose faction content, you get everything for that faction.
So, for example if I only buy the Koshi collection, I get to pick one faction's content for my mechs.
But if I bought Man O War (which I did) then I get all 4 factions' content.

From your post and what Russ said.... it doesn't sound like it will work that way :wacko:

#1376 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:24 AM

View PostMasterrix, on 04 November 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

did I see correct: the new Ice-Ferret preview video shows a Prime-variant without the priviously used Primo-camo of Wave1?

well, although Im not a fan of having fix camos for Primes and Founders, I would still pever some kind of "homogeneity", so either "all" primes should have a fix camo, or "no" prime should have it
If you take note in the video, it's just a Prime variant, not a Prime(I) variant, so hasn't got the (I) camo scheme.

Edited by Ovion, 04 November 2014 - 01:24 AM.

#1377 Carthoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:52 AM

View PostUminix, on 04 November 2014 - 12:57 AM, said:

yea, but I was curious about the dates, already knew by December 16th, was hoping for a more firm answer though, and thanks, as some of us DO appreciate the efforts of others! ;)

Thats the answer youll get even from support. I asked, they told me this. Guess its more comfortable for them, than releasing SOME faction items for pick, but cammo only with mechs, etc etc....

....bit of a disappointment, but well....well get it.

#1378 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:47 AM

View PostCellinor, on 03 November 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

To be honest.. PGI did answer your question long before you even thought of asking it... The developers do not however need to re-answer every single person who did not bother to do an even cursory search beforehand. Getting volunteer users to point you in the right direction is more than enough ;). BTW. The FAQ is also part of the page where you actually buy the pre-order packages (The same space as in just about every sale (in the fine print and links at the bottom)... talking about buying something without knowing exactly what you are buying :ph34r: .

#1379 GentlemanBryan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:14 AM

New map is coming "Swamp"

#1380 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostOvion, on 04 November 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

I don't know why you'd want 4 of the same to be honest.

Yes, you'll get duplicates of some hanging / mounted items, but you'll be losing out on 9 colours and up to 15 camo unlocks. (and the same number of, admittedly different cockpit items).
That's losing out on a potential 27750MCs worth of stuff you paid for. That's over a $100 package of MC.
For 5000ishMCs worth of duplicate cockpit items.

Just seems like a bad value choice to me.

At this point, the colors are a total waste for me, as I already have my unit colors and also have "official" CGB colors included in the first choice I make, so the only thing I am losing out on are things that I have absolutely no use for. Think of it like all that "bundleware" you get when you buy a computer from a retail store: sure, it costs lots of money if you bought it all separately, but if you do not use it, the value of it is zero. If, instead, they say you can have your choice of what you get in the bundle, is that not a much better value to you?

I already have a bunch of IS and non-CGB items in my cockpit inventory: they are useless to me. Why would I want even more items that have zero value to me, when I can instead get a copy of the ones I DO use and put them in all of my most used mechs?

View PostTamerSA, on 04 November 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

Wait what?... I thought that when you choose faction content, you get everything for that faction.
So, for example if I only buy the Koshi collection, I get to pick one faction's content for my mechs.
But if I bought Man O War (which I did) then I get all 4 factions' content.

From your post and what Russ said.... it doesn't sound like it will work that way :wacko:

You CAN pick one of each faction, yes, but what this allows us loyal faction players to do is choose the same set multiple times to get multiple copies of what we will actually use.

Think of it like that "value pack" of pudding that has your favorite flavor and three other favors that turn your stomach, thereby having 3/4 of your purchase wasted on something you will never eat. Would it not be better to have a "value pack" that just has your favorite in it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users