Pgi White Knight

General

300 replies to this topic

#41 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:53 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 15 September 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Sorry, it's been seven months of upticks now.

(And no, before you ask, I don't deny there have been a few glaring downticks.)

A wise man had said, "Once you reach the bottom of the abyss, the only way now is up". I think it describes PGI perfectly. They had fallen down so much in 2013, that any changes made is better than what it used to be. ;)

I do not think that calls for vindication. I'll wait until the CW p2 and/or ECM solution to see their true competence.

View PostEscef, on 15 September 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:

Know what everyone that's ever declared the end was nigh has in common? They were wrong.

That can be said of white-knighting PGI. Just keep screaming that salvation is at hand. I am more of a pragmatist.

Edited by El Bandito, 15 September 2014 - 07:57 PM.

#42 Gamgee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationCanadia's Royal Reservation

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:53 PM

If the white knights had simply sided with us and we made PGI and their publishers see what was a priority before we get to the fun stuff. We wouldn't be here. Your basically saying 6 million wrongs are okay if it makes 1 right. I see self congradulations is still a celebrated tradition here in the forums.

#43 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 September 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

You sound like a desperate Televangelist (or a Wobby) preaching the imminent return of Jeebus (or Blake) after seeing a purple streak across the sky. Me? I'll wait for the Armageddon to know for sure.

You white knights have been wrong in so many occasions, and now with just one up tick you think you have been vindicated?

And every you predicted the end of MWO?

Oh yeah.... convenient memory lapse all around.

View PostGamgee, on 15 September 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

If the white knights had simply sided with us and we made PGI and their publishers see what was a priority before we get to the fun stuff. We wouldn't be here. Your basically saying 6 million wrongs are okay if it makes 1 right. I see self congradulations is still a celebrated tradition here in the forums.

Yes, how dare we disagree with a very vocal minority and have our own opinion about the game! Bad White Knights!

#44 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:19 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 September 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

Show me the post where I said that, or you are just generalizing me with the nay-sayers. Just cause I am dissing the white knights for their naivety it makes me in league with the "MWO is doomed" crowd?

Edited by El Bandito, 15 September 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#45 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:19 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 September 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

Show me the post where I said that, or you are just generalizing me with the nay sayers.

hey, you want to generalize all the "White Knights" (or anyone who isn't a rabid naysayer). Shoe fits, and all that jazz.

#46 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:24 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 September 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

hey, you want to generalize all the "White Knights" (or anyone who isn't a rabid naysayer). Shoe fits, and all that jazz.

I see nothing wrong with pointing out that white knights had been mistaken about PGI in many occasions and they are pre-maturely celebrating. And I do not remember including everyone who is not a rabid naysayer, as you claim. Stop inventing stuff.

Edited by El Bandito, 15 September 2014 - 09:25 PM.

#47 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 September 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

I see nothing wrong with pointing out that white knights had been mistaken about PGI in many occasions and they are pre-maturely celebrating. And I do not remember including everyone who is not a rabid naysayer, as you claim. Stop inventing stuff.

just as soon as you guys do. ;)

​I see nothing wrong with pointing out how many lies, half truths and such have been the lynchpins of the Black Knight movement, or how wrong they have been, either. I mean hey, if they can live off of the 3pV incident and CW indefinitely, why can't I do that same with the MWTactics lie or the Canadian Taxes Misrepresentation?

(of course that would mean never letting Vass, and company speak again, but hey....... oh wait....)

#48 Gamgee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationCanadia's Royal Reservation

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:32 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 September 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

Yes, how dare we disagree with a very vocal minority and have our own opinion about the game! Bad White Knights!

Given PGI's sad state. Sad and decrepit as a company. You think I don't know about the new game they are trying to fund? The one no one is fudning. PGI is in a lot worse state than you can imagine. However, I find it truly inspiring they are going to try and turn a new leaf. Maybe they can convince me to come back as a full time player through their actions.

If they do an outstanding job maybe I'll even fund one of their future games.

However despite the actions they have taken to grow as people. It's obvious this community hasn't. It won't be this communities "white knights" who will convince me. Though I think loyalist zealots is a far better term. Typically speaking when the leader of the side admits they are wrong the white knights should be there to agree with him and at least try and fake some sincierty.

You also totally sidestepped my point rather elegantly. Why does hudreds of mistakes each one worse than the last suddenly get swept away when you make one good choice? Hmm? You typically have to work for forgivness, it's not something you can crown yourself, purchase, or declare a crusade to steal from someone.

Edited by Gamgee, 15 September 2014 - 09:35 PM.

#49 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:16 PM

View PostGamgee, on 15 September 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

Given PGI's sad state. Sad and decrepit as a company. You think I don't know about the new game they are trying to fund? The one no one is fudning. PGI is in a lot worse state than you can imagine.

Pretty sure Bishop can imagine a lot. If PGI was as bad off as you seem to be implying than MWO will be folding up by the end of the month.

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 September 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

And I do not remember including everyone who is not a rabid naysayer, as you claim.

Didn't stop you from including me in the white knights, for some bizarre reason. I'm at best a pale grey.

#50 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostEscef, on 15 September 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

Pretty sure Bishop can imagine a lot. If PGI was as bad off as you seem to be implying than MWO will be folding up by the end of the month.

Didn't stop you from including me in the white knights, for some bizarre reason. I'm at best a pale grey.

Well you know, I am sure it requires massive imagination for him to regurgitate the same drivel that Vass and Sandy and company spoon fed him.

#51 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:28 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 September 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

Well you know, I am sure it requires massive imagination for him to regurgitate the same drivel that Vass and Sandy and company spoon fed him.

If someones gonna feed me poison, it had best be Jack Daniels. Accept no substitutes... Unless you're really broke, then I guess whatever you can get your grubby paws on will have to do.

#52 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:32 PM

View PostEscef, on 15 September 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

You are referring to my reply to your post, I never mentioned you specifically, only white knighting. You are a very defensive person, it seems.

Edited by El Bandito, 15 September 2014 - 10:33 PM.

#53 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:38 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 September 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

You are referring to my reply to your post, I never mentioned you specifically, only white knighting. You are a very defensive person, it seems.

You seemed to be tossing me in. I'm very used to the jackwagons on this board trying to tell me what I think and that I'm a horrible person for thinking it.

#54 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:45 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 September 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

You white knights have been wrong in so many occasions, and now with just one up tick you think you have been vindicated?

yes they have. But at least they took a stand on something.

being cynical is easy. just keep saying "they are going to screw this up/be late/change it" and eventually you're going to be right, no matter what the topic is.

#55 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:52 PM

View PostKilo 40, on 15 September 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

yes they have. But at least they took a stand on something.

being cynical is easy. just keep saying "they are going to screw this up/be late/change it" and eventually you're going to be right, no matter what the topic is.

And it is also easy to keep chanting "It will get better--eventually". Just to point that out.

Edited by El Bandito, 15 September 2014 - 10:52 PM.

#56 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:59 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 September 2014 - 10:52 PM, said:

And it is also easy to keep chanting "It will get better--eventually". Just to point that out.

but it has

#57 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:02 PM

View PostKilo 40, on 15 September 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

but it has

That's the point. MWO has gotten so stale in 2013, any further change can only be an improvement.

Edited by El Bandito, 15 September 2014 - 11:03 PM.

#58 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:12 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 September 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

That's the point. MWO has gotten so stale in 2013, any further change can only be an improvement.

that's one way to dismiss reality I suppose.

#59 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:28 PM

Ladies, ladies, ladies, you're both beautiful, now please ST*U. :rolleyes:

#60 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:32 PM

I think that the turning point will be CWe.
Actually I'm a grey knight, wanting (and waiting) to be a white one; but this is on PGI's hands. I'm waiting to see facts (ecm really changed, cw really realeased, ect.)

Good new mechs, good "free" stuff (for who has paid).... but still we have an eternal skirmish mode (yes, we have only 1 game mode available) no more than that.

I appreciate pgi has come back to the forum, anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users