58 replies to this topic

#41 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

I use Avast and it is current, Windows 7 Ultimate, and I only get a DC once in a blue moon. No dif if box is checked or unchecked I get max fps and generaly low ping with nominal lag. This applies to current and last patches only.

#42 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:35 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 15 September 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

Experiencing issues, including desyncs?
Do you run Avast perchance?
  • Open Avast
  • Go to Settings
  • Under the troubleshooting section, uncheck the box for "Enable hardware-assisted virtualization".
  • Reboot your system to complete the change
Please let us know if this resolves any issues for you, and which!

Does this apply to AVG?

#43 Ren Kurogane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 175 posts
  • Location10.4.2 401

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

Rage after small 1-2 secs desyncs (yeah, more than a few times in a match) caused me beaten to death....Uninstalling avast!, let's see what will i get...

Edited by Discarius, 18 September 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#44 SnowdogJJJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth East PA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:34 PM

Avast users.. no issues here.

#45 VikingN1nja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 607 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:30 AM

This is OK

http://www.filehippo...ternet_security

This is more hardcore enable game mode

http://www.filehippo...download_comodo

#46 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:57 AM

I deleted my AV (microsoft security essentials) and run malwarebytes twice a day. got desynced last night, and that 'server disconnection' thing kicked to start screen.

#47 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:22 PM

Desyncs I have a AVAST and hardly have any problems with desyncs

I did tried your fix anyway and things got worse so I changed it back

normally when everyone is walking in place I can walk around shooting up everyone but I can’t kill them then when time runs out I am still in the game and I just hit ESC (hasn’t happened in a few weeks)

Now the cry engine fail is another story I have a 13 min video with fail after fail
With shadow play on and the new NVIDIA driver I could not get into a match on Crimson Straight

Turned off shadow play and the disconnects went way down (this is with DX9 selected) let me try DX11
edit: DX11 or auto with NVIDIA shadow play results in near 100% cry engine fails

DX9 seems to work the best

Edited by Davegt27, 21 September 2014 - 08:16 PM.

#48 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

Still having issues. Just played a match on Caustic Valley. Horrible desync for a solid 2 minutes, warping all around. Number of guys died, and then it normalized. It was miserable...

#49 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:54 AM

I am not sure if this is still being monitored, but I had another two bizarre games yesterday. Tourmaline - Jenner warped around the last mech left. I could not do any damage to it, but it couldn't hurt me, after about 60 seconds (it was last mech left against 6), someone else killed it.

I've had a bit better performance, but still subpar compared to a couple months ago.

#50 Ren Kurogane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 175 posts
  • Location10.4.2 401

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:06 AM

still got a few desync after uninstalling avast! but didn't get any since hotfix patch for desync until now

#51 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

I am using Avast on Windows Vista and see no issue with it. After last 2 patches, desync happened only a few times in a week usually for about 2 secs. Before it, it was massive issue for me. Interesting is that also that Cryengine error dissapeared, before it was like every 5th game.

Now I have a memory crash like every 5th game (suboptimal laptop or error code changed? :) ). 95 percent when loading Terra Terma game will crash. This was not an issue before, during massive desync problems.

Anoher interesting fact: loading maps take a rather long time for user expirience. BUT, after game crash (memory cleaned) I start the game again, click Rejoin and the map is loaded very fast. How the heck...

Edit: MTU size is adjusted on server side, right?

Edited by ExoForce, 26 September 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#52 S13gtastic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 119 posts
  • LocationBig Sky

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:29 PM

Huh, never have any issues with avast and never felt the need to change my settings.

#53 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:51 PM

Used to have that Avast, good thing I do not use it anymore. The last thing I need is more interference to play this game.

#54 RazarG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationGrandside, Sydney

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:36 PM

Had to install Avast the other day due to an infection. Made light work of that but had constant disco's and drops.

Uninstalled and I have been drop free since.

#55 Original ArchAngel

• PipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 73 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

I run avast.. honestly never had any issues though.. hmm.. :huh:

#56 JuggernautXTR

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

it is definately not Avast causing the problem, been running it for 5 years now, microsoft security..........what a flipping joke, worthless, i can give you the name of a website and watch it down load every virus known to man and microsoft won't stop it.
AVG, yeah right, norton another pure joke,kapersky, it ok, avast is the only one that won't even let the page load.

if your desyning is cause server is over loading and trying to catch up or loss of signal traffic nothing at all to do with anti virus's.
i have desynced and my ping is normaly 90- 120, when i desync i drop to around 30-40 or i get total kick out.
it's the server or your connection.
and the AMD thing was a conflict of hardware exceleration.----resolved long time ago.

#57 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:08 AM

dunno, if this has anything to do with MWO, but I thought it was interesting...

http://www.howtogeek...ntil-this-week/

#58 All iN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:52 AM

I was using Avast since closed test times, and I never had a DC, not even once. Two days ago I saw something that might look like a desync, becasue I saw one mech instantly teleporting up when I fired LRM's on it, it looked like movement hack. But apart from that one time, no real problems, ever.

#59 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:11 PM

If i was an intelligence service i would buy into Antivirus Software bcs almost everybody runs one and it has unsuspected access to everything.

I use Avast! Free and that means all the convenience crap is switched off and it is the Software with the least (99,99% no issues with it) problems to me.

Edited by Thorqemada, 30 October 2014 - 06:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users