- - - - -

What Are The Starter Packs In The Store?

5 replies to this topic

#1 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:33 PM

Looking at the in-game Store, and there are four "Starter" kits that don't have any description text (hard to believe a store doesn't have item descriptions). So what are in these things?

And what about the Mastery packs? I assume those are just XP buffs but I dont know...

Edited by UrsusMorologus, 15 September 2014 - 01:34 PM.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

if memory serves the starter pack contains 1 Champion Mech (Jenner = light, Hunchback = medium, Catapult = heavy, Atlas = assualt), some premium time and a cockpit item.

the mastery packs contain 3 variants (the Hero, the Champion and 1 regular variant) of the Chassis listed and 30 days of premium time.
the mastery pack is much better value then the starter pack, it is called the mastery pack because it contains everything you should need to get to the Master tier of that Mechs skill tree, however you can master the Mech without spending any real money, this is a cash for convenience tradeoff.
if you are coinciding purchasing this I strongly recommend trying the trial Mech of that chassis first to see if you enjoy that play style

a Hero is a MC only varient with a unique hardpoint layout, cammo scheme and 30% cbill earnings boost,

the Champion is an upgraded version of a Mech chassis only availablt for MC, it has a small XP earnings bonus but you can build the same Mech for Cbills (of course without the XP boost)

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 15 September 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostUrsusMorologus, on 15 September 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

Looking at the in-game Store, and there are four "Starter" kits that don't have any description text (hard to believe a store doesn't have item descriptions). So what are in these things?

And what about the Mastery packs? I assume those are just XP buffs but I dont know...

If you highlight them, the "text" should appear.

If not, click "Buy" and it will list what is in them.

(Just checked. If you click buy once it will list everything in the list, original prices and the reduced prices in the pack which is how it comes to that total, and give you an option to buy or cancel).

They each come with 1 hero mech of the mentioned chassis + 1 champion (if possible) + 1 standard variant (or 2 if no champion), with 3 mechbays and some cockpit accessories to decorate with.

To note: A Champion is just a regular cbill variant + an experience bonus and a (usually) better starting loadout.

#4 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:37 PM

I would play some trial matches, and perhaps they have said mech as a trial, or at least a version of it.. If you like it, it is well worth a new player buying the mastery pack. Then your first mechs, you can just worry about leveling, and have plenty of cash for upgrades, and most likly enough to buy a few starter weapon modules. Now they boosted them a bit, and took away the heat, they can be worth using.

It will also leave you credits to use consumables, and buy other mech modules, Or bank roll your next 3 mechs down the road. Anyway you slice it it is a good deal. If you like missiles the catapult is a great pack, though i still think the HBK is one heck of a starter mech. You will learn to twist or die, and the combo's of load outs means you can try tons of different play styles as you get used to the game, and seeing non have JJ's, you will learn the maps much more, instead of taking all the JJ short cuts.

good luck!

#5 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:44 PM

If you would like a look at a video check this out.

I talk about those around the 3:40 mark.

#6 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

I got a bunch of mechs already, just wondering what was in the packs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users