Anyway To Get Maddog Without Buying Mask Pack?

95 replies to this topic

#1 Valkyrie Vewas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPhx Az

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:00 PM

All I want is the Maddog. Is there a way you can make it so anyone that bought something in the clan wave 1 i.e a lower package or La Carte be at least able to buy the 2nd wave and get the maddog. This seems alittle F'ed to me. Since I have already poored so much money into this game aka founders, phoenix and la carte clan. Seems alittle selling your self short only letting the top level clan packs buy to get it. I will be alittle pissed if I am not even given the chance to get Maddog because of something I didnt know would happen. AKA dont have the top first pack your S.O.L.

#2 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

Yes, the Mad Dog will be released around end of the year (from Russ's post).
So it's like always, pay for early access to shiny new stuff. :)

#3 Jack Avery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSwimming in the lava pools of the Pug Zapper of Mordor, Planet Terra Derpa

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

The Mad Dog will be released for C-Bills eventually. January-ish, it sounds like. If you want it now, though? No.

#4 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

You can get the Mad Doge for C-bills later on if you don't want to "Invasion" variant (just gives a C-Bill boost and fancy paintjob).

#5 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:04 PM

And bear in mind, the c-bill/MC version will not have the shiny paint job nor the 30% c-bill boost.

Same for the AS7-S and the CN9-AH. The variant will be available for c-bills at some point, but not the special upgrades to the variant. The same is true for the King Crab, though in that case we know it will be out in December/January (same time frame as the Vulture).

#6 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

Might end up being like a pos summoner . Might not even be worth paying cbills for :)

#7 Valkyrie Vewas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPhx Az

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

I want the Invasion Variant and it looks like there is no way to get it unless I already bought a Top level wave 1. If I had know the only way to get the only mech I give a **** about would be to buy the pack. I would of not spent bought 4 a la carte mechs....

Edited by Valkyrie Vewas, 15 September 2014 - 02:08 PM.

#8 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

View PostValkyrie Vewas, on 15 September 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

I want the Invasion Variant and it looks like there is no way to get it unless I already bought a Top level wave 1. If I had know the only way to get the only mech I give a **** about would be to buy the pack. I would of not spent bought 4 a la carte mechs....

I think you can talk to CS about upgrading to a full package. It is a $60 difference and I am sure that much is worth it to PGI.

#9 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 15 September 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

And bear in mind, the c-bill/MC version will not have the shiny paint job nor the 30% c-bill boost.

Same for the AS7-S and the CN9-AH. The variant will be available for c-bills at some point, but not the special upgrades to the variant. The same is true for the King Crab, though in that case we know it will be out in December/January (same time frame as the Vulture).

Oddly enough the Knigh Crab and vulture are the only ones with a fixed release date.

The same day it's injected as a gift would be able to be bought by MC (23 december i think)
on January ( 20th ) ppl would be able to buy them with c-bills.

No ETA yet on Cent and Atlas.

Edited by Lord Perversor, 15 September 2014 - 02:17 PM.

#10 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:25 PM

There's no shortage of mechs in this game at the moment. I'm not really bothered by this, even though the Mad Dog is one of my favourites.

#11 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

The Invasion variant is exclusive to the whole Double Top-Ender thing, but if you're really eager for it, Piranha's Customer Service would almost certainly help you figure it out. After all, it's not like they wouldn't be making a hundred and eighty bucks off the deal or anything. Beyond that, though? There's no way to just buy the Invasion Mad Dog, no. The regular release later is of course available for everyone, but the Invasion Dogs (I feel like that should be some kind of weird snack brand in the Inner Sphere. "Invasion Dogs: they'll forcibly occupy your stomach!") are only available as a special bonus for vomiting up 360 bucks.

Which, mind, I'm totally going to do what with all the Good Scheiss Piranha's been doing lately, but I can certainly commiserate with those folks who're twerked off about no a'la carte option for the thing.

#12 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

I'm pretty sure the Mad Dog is to be regarded as a special "reward" only available to loyal customers that have purchased top tiers of both Clan packs. In other words, it's not part of the Wave 2 pack, per se...just as bonus for those that make the total investment.

Allowing it to be purchased separately would completely defeat that purpose.

#13 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:36 PM

PGI will certainly loose revenue by not offering a Vulture al a carte deal, but how could they even work out if it's more or less than the encouragement it gives to purchases of the Clan packs?

I said it in another thread just moments ago, but I'll say it again here, gift the Clan Packers a GOLDEN MAD DOG! Everyone will be totally happy with that, and they will be free to release the Vulture (I) variant in the same fashion as the others. Everybody wins, especially PGI!

I may still be in the bargaining stage on denial...

Edited by Ozric, 15 September 2014 - 02:36 PM.

#14 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:56 PM

Masakari plus the Clan wave 2 Top Tier is the only way to get the Mad Dog since it's a bonus, but it will be the first one out for MC/C-Bills...

Edited by EgoSlayer, 15 September 2014 - 03:05 PM.

#15 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 15 September 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Might end up being like a pos summoner . Might not even be worth paying cbills for :)

LOL, the maddog a POS?

Surely you jest. I fully expect to knock some madcats off their golden plated throne with it.

Edited by Carrioncrows, 15 September 2014 - 05:12 PM.

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:58 PM

https://twitter.com/...648079611953153

sadly, no the Invasion version

#17 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

If, and I say if, the Mad Dog gets access to its A-variant Omnipods, then the mad Dog will likely become one of the most fearsome strikers in this game. Clan SplatDogs will make many a player remember why corners are their worst nightmare, and will make folks pray for Alpine when they drop so they have a better chance of seeing the Reaper coming. imagine the SplatDog might even end up as much of a game-changer as the Lollbringer and its ECM will be, simply because of the SplatDog's ability to utterly invert the usual "Clans win at range, IS wins in the brawl" thang that Piranha's gunning for.

Without the A-variant pods, the Mad Dog will be solid enough but not really exceptional, and will also generally be completely eclipsed by the Lollbringer and the Timeber Wolf. Same speed, perfectly serviceable fits, but lacks the Lollbringer's ECM and the Timeber Wolf's...everything.

#18 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:07 PM

View Post1453 R, on 15 September 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

If, and I say if, the Mad Dog gets access to its A-variant Omnipods, then the mad Dog will likely become one of the most fearsome strikers in this game. Clan SplatDogs will make many a player remember why corners are their worst nightmare, and will make folks pray for Alpine when they drop so they have a better chance of seeing the Reaper coming. imagine the SplatDog might even end up as much of a game-changer as the Lollbringer and its ECM will be, simply because of the SplatDog's ability to utterly invert the usual "Clans win at range, IS wins in the brawl" thang that Piranha's gunning for.

Without the A-variant pods, the Mad Dog will be solid enough but not really exceptional, and will also generally be completely eclipsed by the Lollbringer and the Timeber Wolf. Same speed, perfectly serviceable fits, but lacks the Lollbringer's ECM and the Timeber Wolf's...everything.

If my fantasy of the Mad Doge Alt C arms getting -10% ballistic cooldowns comes true, then you could combine the bonus from both arms to get really rapid-fire LB 5-X or something (in that case, roughly 1.04 second cooldown after we factor in the cooldown module it will get in the future). I would be so happy.

#19 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostEgoSlayer, on 15 September 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

Masakari plus the Clan wave 2 Top Tier is the only way to get the Mad Dog since it's a bonus, but it will be the first one out for MC/C-Bills...

Actually, King Crab's handed out too for Masakari or Man-o-War owners.

#20 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 September 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

https://twitter.com/...648079611953153

sadly, no the Invasion version

:(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users