#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

So was curious about A La Carte, and tweeted Russ about it. In typical "New PGI" fashion, got a near instant reply:
https://twitter.com/...648079611953153
Posted Image

so, sad panda news? No it will not be available A la Carte in it's Invasion Theme. At least that is the plan right now. Perhaps if you ask Russ nicely enough in the new Email acct or politely and non trolly like on his Twitter, that will change. Perhaps not.

On the plus side, it WILL be the first of the new series released for CBills, for those who did not want to spend IRL money on it.

Either way, can we be happy it is here? I mean it's a little bit of a downer, but otherwise, pretty stinking great day of announcements from PGI.

#2 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:21 PM

Unfortunately i can't afford to be a loyal customer (I've spent very little), only a loyal player :(

It's released in January right? I guess another four months isn't much to wait after three years...

#3 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:58 PM

Further clarification:

Invasion special edition Mad Dog won't ever be available for C-BIlls.

Standard variants of Mad Dog will be though.

#4 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

before I wasn't really thinking about the Mad Dog, but it sure does look sweet in the pack2 pic

#5 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:10 PM

Ugh, I do want a 30% C-Bill mad dog, but I can't spend all that money to get it. Oh well. I'll have to settle for the regular one and save C-Bills I guess.

#6 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:02 PM

View PostTechorse, on 15 September 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Ugh, I do want a 30% C-Bill mad dog, but I can't spend all that money to get it. Oh well. I'll have to settle for the regular one and save C-Bills I guess.

A la carte purchases are invasion variants. So start saving for that $55 if you want it.

#7 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:05 PM

View PostTechorse, on 15 September 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Eventually there can be a Hero Mad dog, with the C-bill bonus the *special invasion* it's mostly a brand different camo and geometry.

Also as i posted already Russ original post says both King Crab and Vulture will be available at 16th december for Mc and 20th january for C-bills.

#8 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:14 AM

View PostNauht, on 15 September 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

A la carte purchases are invasion variants. So start saving for that $55 if you want it.

You missed the point of this thread. The Mad Dog will not be available Ala Carte. It's a special reward for players who spend money. It becomes less special if you can just flat out buy it.

Though, I'd be fine if they offered a gold mech package for it (though that would likely include the wave 2 pack anyway, and at that price, you could buy both packs without an issue).

#9 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:18 AM

eww first to go cbills. The sooner the mechs go to cbills the worse they are.

#10 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

The Vulture should under perform the Timberwolf in every way except for the big boxy ears. Except for the Alpha variant which runs 6 missile hard points. Cool Down reduction and Extended Range Modules with Streak 6s or SRM6s should be pretty nice for a brawler.

#11 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

View PostWolfways, on 15 September 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

Unfortunately i can't afford to be a loyal customer (I've spent very little), only a loyal player :(

It's released in January right? I guess another four months isn't much to wait after three years...

Yeah, sorry I don't have better news. I brought it up to him, but it is what it is.

View PostNauht, on 15 September 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

Except as the tweet shows, there will be no A La Carte Mad Dog.

View PostBront, on 16 September 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

You missed the point of this thread. The Mad Dog will not be available Ala Carte. It's a special reward for players who spend money. It becomes less special if you can just flat out buy it.

Though, I'd be fine if they offered a gold mech package for it (though that would likely include the wave 2 pack anyway, and at that price, you could buy both packs without an issue).

Yeah, a couple of us put a bug in Russ's ear about Gold Mech owners maybe getting one without having to buy the Invasion Pac2.

Not that it helps me, as I don't got no goldilocks. Now if they offer a "Burning Chrome" version........ oh boy, I might have to get in trouble.

View PostZolaz, on 16 September 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

The Vulture should under perform the Timberwolf in every way except for the big boxy ears. Except for the Alpha variant which runs 6 missile hard points. Cool Down reduction and Extended Range Modules with Streak 6s or SRM6s should be pretty nice for a brawler.

And that matters how? Not everyone plays this to be uber 1337 comps. SOme of us play it because we like the IP and certain mechs look cool or have fond memories. It's why I prefer the Summoner to the TWolf (well, and the Twolf being boring ezmode)

#12 yalk

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

Bishop, you think they'd ever change anything else to make the bonus one stand out?

Like 35%-40% Cbill boost instead of 30%? Really, anything that would still make the bonus MadDog awesome but allow them to sell the invasion one? Cause I honestly don't want to take away from someone getting something cool for laying down bank, but I'd sure love a Cbill boosted prime...even if it sucks (still using my summoner prime)

#13 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:52 AM

So glad I'm not a Clanner fan :3

#14 Ph30nix

• 2,442 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

im still wondering as for the "bonus" maddog it will be just ONE variant? or will it be a 3 pack situation?

either way its still going to be gravy but its just a matter of people getting it early not being able to master it for a few months.

#15 Hungry Hungry Hobo

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 74 posts
  • LocationRefrigerator box floating in space.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

This Hobo's box is gonna be mushy with tears now.

The Mad Dog is the one clan mech I would of bought A La Carte

#16 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

Here's a suggestion for Russ, granted it would require some quick work to add another mech, but couldn't this be changed to be like the Saber package?
Mad Dog and Viper are a separate pack but those who bought both the Masakari and Man O'War package get the separate pack for free (also I want the goofy looking thing that is the Viper). That way those who are loyal are getting quite a bit for free but those who want the venerable Mad Dog without spending $360 can get it as well. If they had the foresight when starting the development of the clans, they would've made the Timber Wolf this special variant, but meh.

#17 yalk

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

^^^^

This would work as as well

#18 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 16 September 2014 - 08:18 AM, said:

eww first to go cbills. The sooner the mechs go to cbills the worse they are.

That's actually sort of the point. It's going to be OP for it's weight class until it gets released for cbills....then it gets the Paul treatment, just like everything else.

#19 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 16 September 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

im still wondering as for the "bonus" maddog it will be just ONE variant? or will it be a 3 pack situation?

either way its still going to be gravy but its just a matter of people getting it early not being able to master it for a few months.

Quoting Russ

Ultimate Clan Reward
This reward is for players who purchased a Masakari Clan Invasion package and the Wave 2 Man-o-War package. Eligible players will receive an exclusive new Invasion Mad Dog Mech with custom Invasion paint job and unique geometry, along with a 30% C-bill Bonus, 2 additional Mad Dog standard variants and 3 Mechbays .The Invasion version of this Mech will only be available through the Ultimate Clan Reward program. This Invasion Mad Dog Mech and the 2 standard variants will be available starting September 23rd for daily 4 pm injection. All Standard variants of this chassis will be available for MC December 16th and C-bills January 20th. Check out our Clan Invasion Wave 2 page for details (coming soon). The Ultimate Clan Reward program will be available for as long as the Clan Invasion Programs remain active.

#20 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostWolfways, on 15 September 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

you can still get the other stuff though :)

Heck, if you can, buy enough MC for a mech bay and get that stuff as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users