Bring Back The Phoenix Pack So Is Purists Don't Have To Buy Clan Packs To Get A King Crab

356 replies to this topic

#1 A banana in the tailpipe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:35 AM

Dear PGI, like many of your dedicated followers we've elected to create second accounts for the purpose of the upcoming clan wars. While the announcement of getting a free King Crab mech is very generous of you, unless we bought a top tier of the Founders/Phoenix pack eons ago, the only option IS purists have is to purchase clan mechs in order to get the King Crab onto our IS accounts.

That sucks.

On the other hand, the Phoenix variants of the Phoenix package were pretty spiffy, and I'd be willing to throw down on an Overlord package if it was made available again for the purpose of making sure only IS mechs along with the Crab reside in their proper place. I'd even be willing to forgo the Overlord forum badge and pre-order camo/paint so the early Phoenix adopters still feel like they got something special.

Please consider it,
Thank you

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:38 AM

Not a bad idea. I second this for those wanting and willing.

#3 Zeusus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:38 AM

Could always buy it for cbills. Obviously doesn't help if you want the 30% cbill bonus but you can still get it.

#4 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:39 AM

Not a half bad idea there, i'm sure a lot of IS players that missed out on phoenix would like the option to purchase it. Easy chance for PGI to make some fast $$ too.

#5 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:39 AM

View Postlockwoodx, on 16 September 2014 - 04:35 AM, said:

Dear PGI, like many of your dedicated followers we've elected to create second accounts for the purpose of the upcoming clan wars. While the announcement of getting a free King Crab mech is very generous of you, unless we bought a top tier of the Founders/Phoenix pack eons ago, the only option IS purists have is to purchase clan mechs in order to get the King Crab onto our IS accounts.

That sucks.

On the other hand, the Phoenix variants of the Phoenix package were pretty spiffy, and I'd be willing to throw down on an Overlord package if it was made available again for the purpose of making sure only IS mechs along with the Crab reside in their proper place. I'd even be willing to forgo the Overlord forum badge and pre-order camo/paint so the early Phoenix adopters still feel like they got something special.

Please consider it,
Thank you

Though i don't like the tone of this post....the idea isn't bad.
The idea is actually damn good!

#6 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:42 AM

I suppose if you want to pay for a package where all the mechs are out for cbills already you could twist their arm. Only problem, they advertised the unique geometry as a limited time only thing. So you getting the (P) variant may not be workable.

#7 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:44 AM

View PostBelphegore, on 16 September 2014 - 04:39 AM, said:

Not a half bad idea there, i'm sure a lot of IS players that missed out on phoenix would like the option to purchase it. Easy chance for PGI to make some fast $$ too.

Pssh. It's not the Phoenix its the Crab!

Long Live the King. Thank ya, Thank ya vury much.
Posted Image

#8 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:44 AM

And where is the logic that clanners get an IS mech?

#9 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:46 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 16 September 2014 - 04:44 AM, said:

who cares. it's a king crab!

#10 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:47 AM

View PostRouken, on 16 September 2014 - 04:42 AM, said:

I suppose if you want to pay for a package where all the mechs are out for cbills already you could twist their arm. Only problem, they advertised the unique geometry as a limited time only thing. So you getting the (P) variant may not be workable.

Just like those "limited" gold mechs they magically found more of, or the limited time to get clan invasion packs that are still available? PGI needs a current and available IS pack anyways. We could always suggest they create one from scratch but I doubt they have the manpower and time to do it atm.

#11 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:47 AM

I like this. Personally, I like to buy MC, so I've gotten no "packs". With the king crab coming up I'm considering the clan wave 2, but I'm an IS guy, and don't really like the thought of a clan pack. Gimme the Phoenix pack at the right price and I'm buying :). Good idea on skipping the custom geometry, the badge or maybe the hanging items.

If PGI wants to keep the Phoenix pack special, then maybe group another bunch of IS mechs for sale?

#12 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:01 AM

View Postlockwoodx, on 16 September 2014 - 04:47 AM, said:

Just like those "limited" gold mechs they magically found more of, or the limited time to get clan invasion packs that are still available? PGI needs a current and available IS pack anyways. We could always suggest they create one from scratch but I doubt they have the manpower and time to do it atm.

When did they magically find more gold mechs? Also, a deal still being available doesn't mean it is not limited.

Having an IS pack available is fine. Making the (P) variant available again will lead to complaints, and while I wouldn't care people would be right to complain about that.

#13 Phex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:02 AM

I would surgest a "New Phoenix"
New Mechs for the IS.
Some thing new to play with for us purists.

Greetings Phex

#14 Empyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 210 posts

View PostLily from animove, on 16 September 2014 - 04:44 AM, said:

The King Crab is among the mechs SLDF took with them when they left the Inner Sphere. Clan Brian Caches are full of old IS/Star League mechs...

#15 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Hm - the idea is good by half - you can make the pack available for players that logged on for the first time after the packages were gone or about to end.

For those that missed faith in the first option - there shouldn't be any forgiveness or cheap way to earn the King Crab. :ph34r:

Anyhow - i don't care - make the Phoenix available if you like. Or make it available for C-Bills - hm at the 2nd Year anniversary :D :D

#16 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:04 AM

Tough Love Karl. I can agree with you. ;)

#17 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:15 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 16 September 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

For those that missed faith in the first option - there shouldn't be any forgiveness or cheap way to earn the King Crab. :ph34r:

I'm cool with that if they want to play hardball, because it was a conscious choice not to have faith in PGI during a time when they couldn't balance poptarting properly and there wasn't a group queue. A time when the game was bleeding players so fast we didn't even know if PGI would still be in business before Clan mechs were released. A time when there was no LRM deprivation module so every LOLcust was a free kill for the enemy team. A time... well.... you get the picture. ;)

Honestly I don't even like 2 out of the 4 mechs in the Phoenix pack but it was the simplest solution available to solve the problem of having an IS reward for a clan pack (which makes little sense). As I've stated in a previous post, if PGI wants to come up with a new IS pack from scratch, bring it on! I will not be purchasing a Clan Wave 2 pack just for the crab, so they would be missing out on some revenue if there isn't some sort of IS solution for purists.

#18 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:21 AM

I agree with the OP. Don't like clan mechs, but would consider putting some money in if there was an IS solution. Personally I regret not getting a Founder pack, but I simply didn't have money at the time.

#19 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:39 AM

OK - the problem is - if you really want the King Crab -you have to pay $240.
SRY mistake
You can buy the ManOWar for $120

The Overlord package would cost only $80 -110?

So we need additional $130 Worth of IS mechs (maybe alll 4 Mastery Packs?)

OK - i second the propsal - Overlord + Sabre + Faith Penalty for $120. :D

Edited by Karl Streiger, 16 September 2014 - 05:42 AM.

#20 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:43 AM

Rewards, not entitlements, guys. And if you think this is somehow "unfair" to you, it would be at least as unfair to those who bought believing "exclusive" and "limited time" to re-open those packages now.

I wish I had been here for Founders. I wasn't. I don't begrudge anybody who was.

Just keep these things in mind the next time there's a package if they're that big a deal to you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users