Which Current Mwo Mech Would You Have On Your Drive?

63 replies to this topic

#1 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:01 AM

So this is admit-ably a bit sad (yes i know) but suspend your disbelief for a minute which of any of the current MWO mechs would you like to stomp around in right now, park on your drive, piss of a few foes maybe be a weapon for hire, or just go to Tesco's in or just cause all kinda chaos?

For me it would have to be an energy weapon purely mech (not sure you could re-arm realistically despite preferring ballistics and missiles and not actually my favourite mech) so i think it would be this for me:

Posted Image

Edited by mad kat, 02 October 2014 - 06:21 AM.

#2 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:41 AM

after careful consideration, and yes an all energy mech due to logistics. i have decided on my jester. while an atlas would be cooler, were do i get AC20 reloads from? and with an xl350 engine can keep up with traffic. besides a big grinning mech is always good for laughs

Posted Image

#3 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

Probly a direwolf, would sell it for research and live a good life with all that money, and leave the thrilling life of murder, death and destruction to someone else :)

P.S. O , and would watch it's, or it's derivative's rampage on youtube.

Edited by Nik Reaper, 19 September 2014 - 12:07 PM.

#4 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostNik Reaper, on 19 September 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

Probly a direwolf, would sell it for research and live a good life with all that money, and leave the thrilling life of murder, death and destruction to someone else :)

P.S. O , and would watch it's, or it's derivative's rampage on youtube.

Seeing has how mech tech has it's basis in 80's tech, there probably won't be a long wait till the YouTube vids get going

#5 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

if you need an Awesome to go to a Tesco's in Liverpool, I'm not visiting you any time soon.

#6 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:44 AM

hmmm

Well depends

If its going to look like the TRO 3025 line drawing then the Victor carry's the day, Alex's isn't a terrible one, but, its over tight corset waist and head that looks like its been punched down between its shoulder blades, spoils it for me, in looks, though I do like piloting them as the cockpit feels right.

My second great love is the Battlemaster, but again its got to be the line drawing, (the kurita colour Bm from the mechwarrior RPG, is one of the best pieces of MW art ever produced) as in this case, the MWO Bm sucks IMO, its not even got its Tomcat, like jet fighter cockpit, just a square unimpressive greenhouse.

If the choice is going to be based purely on what PGI's art department, have produced, its going to be a hard choice as despite my dislike of the afore mentioned, there are some really great looks, that have, again, IMO, outdone everything before them, but I think I would have to pick, based on annoying the neighbours, and pure crass capitalist, one up man ship the

Atlas

#7 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

Shadow Hawk all day every day. Honourable Mentions to the Spider (for stupid speed and a pile of jump jets) and the Highlander (for 90 tons with Jump Jets).

#8 Snakerensky

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 21 September 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

if you need an Awesome to go to a Tesco's in Liverpool, I'm not visiting you any time soon.

That would be an expensive trip, imagine coming back to you shiny new Awesome in the Tesco's car park only to find all the actuators missing.

#9 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 21 September 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

Lol. Well the easy answer to that is just to bring your mech of choice along!!

View PostSnakerensky, on 21 September 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

That would be an expensive trip, imagine coming back to you shiny new Awesome in the Tesco's car park only to find all the actuators missing.

Lol love the liverpool stereotypes. Answer me this how would they prop it up on bricks. He he he

#10 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:33 PM

Scousers cannot afford bricks, they'd prop it up with trollies.

The Griffin, real life logistics could suck it, I'd have hands to 'Hulk SMASH!'.

#11 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

Huncback 4SP.... because it looks tough and if my neighbors dog decides to piss in my yard again he is getting not 6 but 12 SRMs up his trespassing ass...

The mech has ALWAYS looked like a bouncer and I enjoy the thugniss of it.

#12 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:35 PM

Good call on the hunchback, could always use the 4p and stick it with 6smpl?

Must admit i'd love a centurion on the drive as it looks mean. Could punch your way through buildings with its huge fist. But would probably have to be the less like AL though.

#13 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:53 PM

Totally go for the Locust. Pimp it out with a Spoiler, Undercarriage Neons, Spinners on the Hip Joints, Bumblebee Camo.

#14 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:58 PM

View PostThunder Child, on 21 September 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

Totally go for the Locust. Pimp it out with a Spoiler, Undercarriage Neons, Spinners on the Hip Joints, Bumblebee Camo.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
I bought one just to cruise on the testing grounds :-)

#15 kingalbertII

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:05 PM

hmm
while i love my personalized CPLT-C1 with its combination of weapons, looks and decent 71 KMpH speed, those bunny ears might make parking and getting around a bit of a hassle

perhaps my x-5. its compact, decently armed, looks ok, got enough armor to survive bumping into a few things and like sanic hegehog told us, we gotta go fast m8

Edited by kingalbertII, 21 September 2014 - 11:05 PM.

#16 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:55 PM

Think a blackjack arrow might work. Could replace the 6 machineguns with .50 cal ones of todays equivilant with depleted uranium bullets. With a flamer and two large pulse lasers. The paintjob is certainly pimp for those that like that sort of thing

#17 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:03 AM

View PostThunder Child, on 21 September 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

Locust, the Mechwarrior Smartcar :o

#18 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

to bypass any traffic issues (by jumping over them) a Spider 5V with 10 JJs, 2MPL and XL285 engine, with near max armor. I would not pilot one of these into battle, for usefulness in a fight the other variants outclass this one but as a runabout it would be great

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

Posted Image
Beamer Pilot since 1987!

#20 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:20 AM

A locust.
Honestly.
Why? It can cover the distance between me and my girlfriend's house quickly, and would be able to mount a pair of medium lasers to vaporise the INSANE amount of "safety" cameras we have in the UK.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users