Aws Pilots Rejoice!

20 replies to this topic

#1 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:29 AM

LOL with the coming of the Gargoyle the AWS will no longer be the worst assault..... what i would have done for an Executioner :(

#2 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

This is news to me, people said the spider would suck but hey... it doesn't. It obviously won't be an optimal choice for Assault vs Assault but then again the AWS never was either.

#3 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

same basic pod space as the Summoner no JJ's and basically the same speed little extra armor, we will see how it pans out maybe be pleasant surprise

#4 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

If it has enough lightweight hardpoints between all the variants it should be OK. You're not going to run DW builds on it for sure... but it's fast and well-armored and has a lot of built-in heat sinks. A little laser vomit can go a long ways.

#5 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

It is a baffling choice for the 3rd Clan assault. Minimal armament, no jets or equipment like ECM, roughly the same speed as the Timberwolf and Summoner but giving up so much for it. Just look at the kind of crazy builds you can slap on the Timberwolf and it's 5 tons lighter.

#6 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:36 PM

We're likely to get at least one of variants A, C or D, all of which should have 6+ energy hardpoints. So, possible Wubshee here.

#7 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:41 PM

The gargoyle will still not have Awesome Syndrome....its not a red barn with legs. :P

The gargoyle is no slouch but he isn't the staple to setup your Drop Dec. on either. Just wait until the blitzkrieg tactics come into play and its all fast clan mechs which burn down those far lances before they can join up with the group. This will change your tune about the gargoyle (maybe, if it isnt oversized and over nerfed to oblivion in the future).

Edited by DarthRevis, 16 September 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#8 pulupulu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:43 PM

Pretty sure awesome is already not the worst assault. (I think battlemaster might have that title now)

#9 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:54 PM

Defiantly not far behind....but I see more Missle Boat Battlemasters then Awesome's see more Battlemasters in general. I feel more confident in one then an Awesome!

Edited by DarthRevis, 16 September 2014 - 01:54 PM.

#10 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

meh i have no issue with the battlemaster great hill humper with the high energy mounts, and the brawly versions with lots of srm's are a menace

#11 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:29 PM

The awesome is awesome. I run a PB ("the worst hero mech") and i really often made 600+ damages and it's a cash grinder. I have a lot of hero mechs, not only that one, but i can tell you : i love it as far i love my Dragon Slayer, they are both great mech.

I have just bought 3 battlemaster variants, has a laser boat they are awesome, the death trident Dakka is cool, and the missile boat really work well, we see this often on the battlefield.

What's wrong with you guys? There is no bad mech, just bad pilots!!

And after the Nerf, i've find that my Twolf were overheat ALL THE TIME, so the Twolf have been a little nerfed. I'm less overhating with a 6XML + 2xLL battlemaster!!!

I really think the Gargoyle, with that awesome speed, 16 fixed DHS and the Clan-SRM, Clan-ER LL or Medium Laser is going to be a beast.
It's a really good change after the whale, wich just can't turn or torso twist decently.

We need some diversity for the clan mech, so they had a real fast assault, i think it's a good point, for my point of view.

If you don't like fast assault mech like PB or Battlemaster, don't say they are the worse in game because you are wrong, they just don't fit your playstyle, that's all ;)

See you on battlefield, mechwarriors!

Edited by Aleski, 16 September 2014 - 11:29 PM.

#12 Cerberias

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:35 PM

It'll make a good brawler, most likely.

#13 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:51 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 16 September 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

The gargoyle will still not have Awesome Syndrome....its not a red barn with legs. :P

The gargoyle is no slouch but he isn't the staple to setup your Drop Dec. on either. Just wait until the blitzkrieg tactics come into play and its all fast clan mechs which burn down those far lances before they can join up with the group. This will change your tune about the gargoyle (maybe, if it isnt oversized and over nerfed to oblivion in the future).

No it just has a head inflated like a baloon, sothat you probably will never miss the CT.

Oh looks whats coming over the hill? A zeppelin, A borg sphere. Ah no, just a Gargoyle.

#14 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 16 September 2014 - 11:51 PM, said:

No it just has a head inflated like a baloon, sothat you probably will never miss the CT.

Oh looks whats coming over the hill? A zeppelin, A borg sphere. Ah no, just a Gargoyle.

LOL very true we shall see soon

#15 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:10 PM

View Postpulupulu, on 16 September 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

Pretty sure awesome is already not the worst assault. (I think battlemaster might have that title now)

But... But... But I love my battlemaster. Don't you dare belittle my nipple lasers!

no offense, but pew pewing layzor beams for your nipples is pretty epic! I don't destroy my opponents with high damage output, I demoralize them with my nipples of fury!

#16 Hatachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 456 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:38 PM

View PostWrenchfarm, on 16 September 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

It is a baffling choice for the 3rd Clan assault. Minimal armament, no jets or equipment like ECM, roughly the same speed as the Timberwolf and Summoner but giving up so much for it. Just look at the kind of crazy builds you can slap on the Timberwolf and it's 5 tons lighter.

I don't get how you can call it baffling. It seemed pretty obvious they were sticking with the original 16 Omnis for the choices and not using anything past TRO: 3050.

#17 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

View Postpulupulu, on 16 September 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

WHO SAID THAT? WHO THE F**K SAID THAT?

Posted Image

#18 Evogenesis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

I hope everyone continues to think that the Awesome is the worst assault such that they will give the class even more quirks :)

#19 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:53 PM

Owning them, I think the major reasons they're considered subpar comes down to the fact that they're heavily energy-reliant, have low engine caps, and are just plain huge. Ballistics are king in MWO for accurate pinpoint damage that fires quickly. Meanwhile, all energy except PPCs are spread, and PPCs, which are meant to be the main armament, suffer from ghost heat and a slower projectile speed than many ballistics. It can't really stand toe-to-toe against just about any other Assault mech with that weaponry, with that huge model and slow-as-hell torso-twisting. The only place most Awesome variants can really shine is at long ranges, which really aren't common in MWO.

In lieu of a quirk elsewhere, I'd just really like to see the slow twisting speed debuff the Awesome has removed. I think that alone will make it a significantly stronger chassis.

#20 Evogenesis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

The low engine caps really hurt the variants other than 9M and PB. The negative quirk to turn rate also has to go.

I don't mind energy weapons and would be more than happy to see the buffs to cooling increase further. Here's hoping they are considered tier 5 mechs.

Edited by Evogenesis, 01 October 2014 - 03:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users