#21 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostSandpit, on 16 September 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

No, there's not, although sometimes teammates will use small damage weapons like that to catch a friendly's attention. Still not really acceptable. Just report offending players

The problem with this is like the Jager that ML'd my back because I was in his way for his twin Guass, now when i'm on the battlefield and i get shot from behind i'm thinking enemy mech. USE THE BLOODY CHAT BOX. FF is not.

At the very least you are distracting, or have now focused a team mate on looking for an enemy in the back lines that is not there at worst a FF fight starts and you put your team down 2 mechs.

We have all had players take our prime shooting spots, just curse and move on like the rest of us.

cheers

#22 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

As already stated, the missing Dorito Bug is a big issue.

HOWEVER, at the beginning of a match, there is no way an enemy can get to spawn in the 1st 10 to 20 seconds so even IF the bug was present, a team mate should not fire on another team mate. Further into the game and after the fur ball begins, NO DORITO mechs look like an enemy under ECM. If you shoot and or kill and find out it was a friendly, just apologize and move along.

The tabbing thing DOES cause a mech to fire and this really sux. getting hit at spawn ALWAYS ticks me off. Especially when there is NO apology in the team chat. Smaller mech suffer more so if an Alpha occurred, but ALL mechs suffer when hit.

Blocking (in PuG matches) happens (on Comms with many players yo can just yell at them) and should NOT result in anyone firing on a team mate. There are SO many places on the (few) maps that blocking is VERY easy to do, even if unintentional. I really hate it when there is a narrow pass or entry way and a team mate walks up to it and just stops. IF I have time, I ask them to move, if they are on comms they get yelled at, if not I just try to go around them. No reason to reduce your teams mech count / firepower.

#23 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

Firing back is a waste of ammo unless the guy is actively trying to kill you.

#24 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostDocBach, on 16 September 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

I do this almost every time im alt tabbed out of game. sorry.

kind of why Ive stopped clicking back in and alt tabbing back in instead

#25 Renegade Robot

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:35 PM

I never fire on a teammate unless they're trying to kill other teammates. I try to remember accidents happen. If I get into it with some other guy and we both kill each other, well then I'm just screwing my team. I don't get emotional about it, because then I'm just being self-centered, and taking away further probability that my teammates will make more c-bills and exp (wasting their time). I do love c-bills and exp. I don't deny there are a TON of sociopaths in this game that will shoot anything in their way regardless of what effect it has on their team. Things do get pretty "ME ME ME" in game with certain people.

#26 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostDeathsiege, on 16 September 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

This has always bothered me but hasn't happened in a long time until last night. I was doing a pug drop getting xp to master a mech. We drop and a Spider steps in front of me and blasts me with machine gun fire. I figure its a mistake that he's organizing weapons groups. Then he does it again. We're 10 seconds into game. So I stuck an AC/20 under his chin and let one fly. Mom always said if someone hits you hit them back. So he takes of running and match gets played out with no further back-stabbing but whats the thought process here? What was he trying to tell me? Nothing was said in team chat. I don't get why you shoot a team mate but make no mistake, you hit me I hit you back.

so he hits you with a machine gun, that probably did 0 damage, and you hit him with an ac20 alpha?

logic 0/10, reported for TKing and being bad.

ggclose

#27 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

View PostE N E R G Y, on 16 September 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

so he hits you with a machine gun, that probably did 0 damage, and you hit him with an ac20 alpha?

logic 0/10, reported for TKing and being bad.

ggclose

Posts like this make me wish for the anti-TK system from WoT (after we get "missing dorito" bug fixed of course). The tears of "I only did little damage" crowd would be delicious.

#28 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

All i can say... Put that Ac/20 and answer this....

Posted Image

#29 Zanathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:17 PM

I always am alt-tabbed to another window while waiting for matches and sometimes when I tab back it fires .. its rare (I think its only when I actually click on the MWO icon in the task bar as opposed to using alt-tab).

Otherwise he might just think you smell ...

#30 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

I try to pilot my mech the best I can when in tight quarters with team mates. I always try to be aware and guess my team mates movement and stay out of there way.

I had a guy, and if I am right I think we are not supposed to call out names of other pilots. This Pilot Legged my Locust on tarra thuma about a week ago right at the start of the match. He was in a Nova prime, Trial mech I think, and shot off Six med lasers at me. His buddy, well I think it was his buddy, just stood by and watched and faced me. I thought it was him that did it, because he was also in a nova. This jackass comes on chat and says to me, " Bill you will always remember me."

I came across this guy yesterday, and he was on my team and in a trial spider this time. He had ecm, and I noticed he was on my team right away. Sure enough he came right up behind, and stayed behind me and dodged behind a building when I turned to face him. I was in my Jegar with 3 ultra ac/5's and I warned him in chat, that he better not try that **** again like he did with my Locust. This guy keeps poking out of the building like he was waiting for me to turn and give him my back side. After about a minute of this crap he moves forward. I start to head into the tunnel and proceed to catch up with the team, and sure enough, he comes up behind me as I am starting to engage enemy mechs coming out of the tunnel.

He stays on my ass, like I couldn't hardly see his marker on my mini map as I am trying to push the enemy under the ramp as I came out of the tunnel. I turn, head right out of the tunnel to help engage 4 mechs trying to cap Eps... he is still on my ass the entire time, on purpose. I tried to cut right to get to the cover of the buildings while helping focus fire on one of the enemy mechs, and I turn hard right and torso left to keep fire on them while I duck behind the building. Next thing I know, he is not on my ass anymore, he is blocking me from getting behind the building out of their fire, and on purpose. This douche tried to say he was giving me ecm cover..... lol yeah right. I haven't reported him yet, on either of his team killing/shooting but when I turned and seen him face to face, he was shooting me in the back. I unloaded about 6 rounds of tripple ac/5 into him got behind the building and then was killed after taking way to much damage.

I have the footage of it on fraps, and there is no excuse for this, not even a noob pilot would do what he did. He was doing it so I couldn't backup if I need to for the entire match. If these guys are that unhappy about the game, why don't they go play COD?

I believe that some of these guys that are unhappy with the game are starting to change their tactics thinking if they don't fire the killing shot, and if they block a team mate from getting out the line of fire that its all good and not team killing.

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 16 September 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#31 Stgn21

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:45 PM

I was in a match a few weeks ago on alpine where a guy in a Jager on my team decided to start wasting teammates for no reason. He took down 4 friendlies before I went to investigate. Used my own Jager to strip his arms and side torsos. Left him alive though. People thought it was a personal duel. Needless to say, we lost that round...

#32 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

There is a bug with machine guns.

I've had it happen where mine were going off and I had no idea as to why.

I've also heard on coms where teammates were being hit by machine gun fire but the teammate in question had no idea.

Two things.

I can't believe some of the dishonourable and surat like thinking in this thread.

Also, it's hard to believe no one else has figured out or noticed the machine gun issue.

#33 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:44 PM

I once challenged a samurai of House Kurita to an honorable duel. We agreed upon a remote area of the map and set out to meet up there. Just before he got there a Spider from his team (and I later learned from his own unit) showed up and started shooting at me. The honorable samurai TK'd his teammate with an alpha strike and we continued on with our duel, which he won. Everyone in the match felt like that was an acceptable TK.

#34 McMatt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:15 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 16 September 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

I play with 2 monitors, keeping TS and other things up while waiting for a game to start.

If you are in the 2nd monitor and the game actually starts, not loads, you can get an issue where your first mouse click or key causes you to fire before you can get control of your mech back.

I've accidentally shot people because of this. So wait to be sure my field of fire is clear before getting control back OR I've discovered that hitting the "escape" key and going to that window prevents the accidental fire issue.

That's what happend to me. I have only one monitor, but I was reading forum on half screen (MWO behind). When match begun I clicked on game and my mech fired.

#35 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,946 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:34 PM

Actually I have had quite a few instances where a guy is zoning out into space it seems, and the enemy team is crawling up in force from his rear (I guess some people don't pay attention to the radar screen) and I give them a grazing shot to get their attention.

Majority of the time, they'll turn, see the enemy and thank me for it later for giving them a heads up.

Its another great reason to carry MG's if you have the slots, if not for how awesome they are at dealing Crits, a few plink plink plinks in the butt never fails to get somebody's attention without stripping off valuable armor.

Although I'd gladly trade any FF for a working Voice chat system (with mute function :D) any day.

Edited by Mister D, 16 September 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#36 Alymbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 600 posts
  • LocationSpace Australia

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:38 PM

I've been on both ends here unfortunetly. I distinctly remember effectively killing a ECM cicada once.... didn't show up on my HUD, so I one hit killed him.... I really dislike the no IFF bug. On the other side of the fence, as the owner of a VERY shiny Dire Wolf, I have had a number of teammates try to murder me on sight the moment the match starts (shame on me for supporting the servers they play on <_< ).

#37 Quxudica

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:33 AM

View PostDeathsiege, on 16 September 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

This has always bothered me but hasn't happened in a long time until last night. I was doing a pug drop getting xp to master a mech. We drop and a Spider steps in front of me and blasts me with machine gun fire. I figure its a mistake that he's organizing weapons groups. Then he does it again. We're 10 seconds into game. So I stuck an AC/20 under his chin and let one fly. Mom always said if someone hits you hit them back. So he takes of running and match gets played out with no further back-stabbing but whats the thought process here? What was he trying to tell me? Nothing was said in team chat. I don't get why you shoot a team mate but make no mistake, you hit me I hit you back.

I will sometimes put a round into a mech that is blocking me in, I try to use my weakest weapon and hit something unimportant, but in situations where stopping to type is a bad idea I find this often motivates them to get out of the way.

View PostZanathan, on 16 September 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

I always am alt-tabbed to another window while waiting for matches and sometimes when I tab back it fires .. its rare (I think its only when I actually click on the MWO icon in the task bar as opposed to using alt-tab).

Otherwise he might just think you smell ...

As far as I know this will happen if you click back into the game using any button bound to a weapon group.

Edited by Quxudica, 17 September 2014 - 01:35 AM.

#38 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:45 AM

Closing this thread!

Some users can be glad, I don't warn them for promoting griefing. If they do post like they did in here again, I will! (I removed the worst posts from this thread)

There is NO acceptable reason at all, to intentionally shoot at teammates. Everytime you do it, it is a violation of the griefing rules. It doesn't matter if it is in retaliation, or to make a point or something you feel wronged about. It is wrong and if you do it, you are wrong!

There is only one exception from thsi rule and those are private matches. If all participant know before the match starts, that intentional friendly fire will occur. What rules you make up for your private matches is totally up to you.

In all other cases report to support@mwomercs.com. Claims that this will not achieve anything are completly false.

Edited by Egomane, 17 September 2014 - 01:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users