If You Block A Dire Wolf While He's Trying To Get Out Of Fire...

75 replies to this topic

#1 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:50 AM

he reserves ALL right to shoot your face off. seriously people, not cool. don't block people!

Edited by Damien Tokala, 16 September 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#2 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:52 AM

This just limited to Dire Whales? :P

#3 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:53 AM

Goes for anything, I especially hate it when I'm shooting at people and then a teammate parks himself in front of me to shoot the same target...

#4 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

Yup! Honestly I feel this way about any chassis. Too many times have I tried to peek around a corner to get a quick shot at the enemy only to have my retreat from fire blocked by some team mate who thinks two mechs should be joined by the ****.

#5 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

Worse for me is when I'm trying to reverse back into cover and some jerk is standing behind me

#6 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:56 AM

Tandem formation! It's not very effective...

#7 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:56 AM

When an assault pushes out there are teammates that will follow right behind you to support you. I mean if you have the guts to push out, you might as well continue the push if your team is with you.

#8 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

I think the lesson here is that if you see someone cresting or turning a corner, particularly when he's close to the enemy, you need to expect him to want to suddenly back up. So give him space, or be ready to reverse your throttle.

#9 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:59 AM

If you are going to charge a position you dont do it single file hiding behind a Direwolf or Atlas. You fan out and create more targets to confuse the enemy.

#10 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:59 AM

yeah its common sense really.

It makes way more sense to stand NEXT to friendly mechs so you can both focus fire on the same target rather than standing BEHIND friendly mechs so they block your shots and you get in their way so they cant back up.

Ive been killed because of dumb cicadas standing behind me more times than I care to admit lol.

Edited by Khobai, 16 September 2014 - 12:01 PM.

#11 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

My Dire was wasted so many times because of that.

Looking forward to the Decal feature - I have some nice ideas what to write on my Dire`s back.

#12 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostDocBach, on 16 September 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Worse for me is when I'm trying to reverse back into cover and some jerk is standing behind me

No the worst is when some mouth breather is pushing with a Dire Wolf or Timber Wolf, decides that they don't want to push that position, then back up, bump into you, then turn around to blow your right torso off, as you were moving up to support them....

Not that that happened to my shiny new Adder Prime last night on Forest Colony or anything…. <_<

#13 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

Mostly situational awareness to be honest. That's why Terra's middle area is a kill zone a lot of times. 2-3 want to stop at entrance and prevent anyone behind them from returning fire as well, meanwhile they're trying to push inside around the derps just standing there getting picked off one at a time

#14 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

This is absolutely the worst! Or the ones that stand in front of you then complain because you're just unloaded an AC into their back. Well, there's really no need for you to move in front of me while I'm peaking.

#15 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

View PostJman5, on 16 September 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

I think the lesson here is that if you see someone cresting or turning a corner, particularly when he's close to the enemy, you need to expect him to want to suddenly back up. So give him space, or be ready to reverse your throttle.

On the flipside, the fatty could always plan better. The onus is on them if they're not going to communicate their movements.

#16 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostDocBach, on 16 September 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

That happens to me all the time in my Dire Wolf.

I guess they think "wow, this guy is huge I'll hide behind him".

#17 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:13 PM

you stand behind someone, you see them back up, and you don't back up yourself? you will be shot. i don't care if it kills you, because you caused me to take excessive damage.

#18 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostDamien Tokala, on 16 September 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

you stand behind someone, you see them back up, and you don't back up yourself? you will be shot. i don't care if it kills you, because you caused me to take excessive damage.

Way to be a team player.....

#19 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:16 PM

I find a frustrating counterpart to this to be when Mechs ahead of you reach a chokepoint make a small push and then stop right in the chokepoint, now I have to watch helplessly as my teammates get pummeled single file *sighs* if you are pushing a narrow chokepoint, hang back or push through, standing around in the middle isn't going to end well. Maybe we should equip Mechs with horns or loudspeakers ;)

#20 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 16 September 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

I find a frustrating counterpart to this to be when Mechs ahead of you reach a chokepoint make a small push and then stop right in the chokepoint, now I have to watch helplessly as my teammates get pummeled single file *sighs* if you are pushing a narrow chokepoint, hang back or push through, standing around in the middle isn't going to end well. Maybe we should equip Mechs with horns or loudspeakers ;)

Definitely need a horn. The key command for the horn would be whichever keys you hit when you thrust your palm into the middle of the keyboard.

Time for PGI to get on this and monetize it.
Such horn modules ranging from the '18 Wheeler Horn' to the 'Prius Horn' to the DireWolf exclusive 'Tugboat Horn'

Edited by xeromynd, 16 September 2014 - 12:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users