#21 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 16 September 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

i thought i read that the light fusions were liek 3080 or something if they are already around then get them in the game!

Prototypes in 3053, production 3062 by the Lyran Alliance
http://www.sarna.net..._Engine_-_Light

#22 EboneezeeR

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationDallas, LONE ST4R ST4TE, US

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:07 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 16 September 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

i thought i read that the light fusions were liek 3080 or something if they are already around then get them in the game!

FE/FSE - Fusion Engine/Standart Fusion Engine
LFE - Light Fusion Engine
XLFE - Extra-Light Fusion Engine
XXLFE - Double Extra-Light Fusion Engine

Actually all four is antique Star League rubbish. Except XXL ELAR 440... 92km/h Atlas, yay! :lol:

View PostRuss Bullock, on 16 September 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

That is fair, but here we are so I guess were going to have to work at it as best we can.

Dear Russ when can we get our hands on Blazer Cannon and Arrow IV... any guesses?

#23 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 16 September 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

Well this isn't necessarily true. The only thing that I think nearly every person supports is the notion of some penalty for a destroyed LT or RT.

Other than that I am hoping to be able to leave the clans be and try and work with the IS Quirk system. The Clan mechs as they currently are still have all the special traits we promised they would have and honestly they are still very powerful.

Currently were asking for some more patience as we find something that can truly work within CW.

View PostRuss Bullock, on 16 September 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

That is fair, but here we are so I guess were going to have to work at it as best we can.

Glad to see the XL engine penalties are in the works. I look forward to your implementation.

#24 Innocent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:09 PM

Any possibility of allowing limited mixed technology.

Make Clan/IS tech like Endo/FF. An IS mech could choose to use clan tech (weapons only) or a clan mech can choose to equip IS tech. With this option you would have to equip only that technology. It should come at a significant cost, on the order of 500k for every 10 tons of mech chassis (Atlas would cost 5 million).

This would solve some of the balance issues.

#25 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:14 PM

Well this isn't necessarily true. The only thing that I think nearly every person supports is the notion of some penalty for a destroyed LT or RT.

Other than that I am hoping to be able to leave the clans be and try and work with the IS Quirk system. The Clan mechs as they currently are still have all the special traits we promised they would have and honestly they are still very powerful.

Currently were asking for some more patience as we find something that can truly work within CW.

Are you going to address the issue that madcat some clan mechs outperform the others greatly?

#26 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

View PostEboneezeeR, on 16 September 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

KGC-000 fully armed costs 10kk C-Bill's. LORE (c)
Clans are cost more, cause they are Crans. LORE (c)

TL:DR ^_^

This is part of what is wrong with today's youth, cannot be bothered to read something that consists of more than a few sentences....

As I have no issue with Clan mechs costing more, since well in Lore, if you wanted one, you had to pay some poor ******** to go out, fight the clans, win and live through it, usually with the loss of a mech or two, hence the cost of them. For example, the Timber Wolf Prime is valued at over 24,000,000 C-bills, almost 4 times the cost of an Orion ON-1V, was it the Timber Wolf 4 times the mech? No, but the IS would more than likely lose two mechs or more trying to capture it.

But that is a tangent to what I was talking about, I was talking about the cost of upgrading a mech to Endo S. when it shouldn’t be able to. Not without massive prohibitive cost, at the very least.

#27 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

View PostMawai, on 16 September 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

They started from TT but haven't implemented engine critical hits so this is what you get.

An engine requires 3 critical hits to destroy. This can be accomplished in MWO by killing the CT, the L or R T of an IS XL, or both R+L T of a clan mech.

If engine critical hits were in the game ... it becomes possible to kill a mech without destroying any torso sections ... a critical hit in each section would kill the mech.

Of course, engine criticals or any other system criticals (gyro, life support) would require a better balancing of the critical system. TT had fire every 10s ... so at the very least critical % should be scaled down since the rate of fire is so much higher in MWO.

Well, there are engine crits in the game. They just don't do anything. The crit pad at the moment.
Posted Image

Back when R&R was in game, you would have to pay to repair your engines, even if they weren't destroyed, but because they were critted for their 15ish HP.

#28 EboneezeeR

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostInnocent, on 16 September 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

Any possibility of allowing limited mixed technology.

Make Clan/IS tech like Endo/FF. An IS mech could choose to use clan tech (weapons only) or a clan mech can choose to equip IS tech. With this option you would have to equip only that technology. It should come at a significant cost, on the order of 500k for every 10 tons of mech chassis (Atlas would cost 5 million).

This would solve some of the balance issues.

IS just need a slight buff of weapons. And about mixtech... it could be for sale as for exsample:
  • - Ballistic MixTech Pack
  • - Energy MixTech Pack
  • - Missile MixTech Pack
:rolleyes:

#29 EboneezeeR

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 September 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

This is part of what is wrong with today's youth, cannot be bothered to read something that consists of more than a few sentences....

As I have no issue with Clan mechs costing more, since well in Lore, if you wanted one, you had to pay some poor ******** to go out, fight the clans, win and live through it, usually with the loss of a mech or two, hence the cost of them. For example, the Timber Wolf Prime is valued at over 24,000,000 C-bills, almost 4 times the cost of an Orion ON-1V, was it the Timber Wolf 4 times the mech? No, but the IS would more than likely lose two mechs or more trying to capture it.

But that is a tangent to what I was talking about, I was talking about the cost of upgrading a mech to Endo S. when it shouldn’t be able to. Not without massive prohibitive cost, at the very least.

Nope, the Endo-S does not cost thet lot and never was. The cost of TW is fair cause it's full of advanced tech, more advanced than IS tech. And there is nothing to compare, especially Orion with Timber.

If you got mad cause got owned in random by IS mech that is not an IS mech fault, it's only you and your awkward hands.

I drive Nova-Prime, stock and fine with my 3,2K/D.

Edited by EboneezeeR, 16 September 2014 - 01:35 PM.

#30 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

View PostEboneezeeR, on 16 September 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

IS just need a slight buff of weapons. And about mixtech... it could be for sale as for exsample:
  • - Ballistic MixTech Pack
  • - Energy MixTech Pack
  • - Missile MixTech Pack
:rolleyes:

I'll take clan's XLs, heatsinks and weapons. Thanks!

:D

#31 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:36 PM

How about 12 v 10?

I know some people say "Well clan and IS should be equally balanced" but i thought this was supposed to be a team game. I've never thought that any mech i pilot should be individually as good as every other mech. Teams should be balanced, not mechs/weapons (although true balance is a myth, and even if it were possible there are so many things to take into account in a MWO match it would still be virtually impossible).

People complain every day about DC's, and you yourself (IIRC) said that matches are like a domino effect, as soon as a team loses a couple of mechs that team will likely lose. Clan starting two mechs down would be a huge disadvantage to that team (not to mention the fact that the clans have nothing fast enough to catch IS lights yet thanks to engine customization, and being in two groups instead of three means less map control).

I also want to add, before someone says i want OP clan mechs, even if clans and IS were balanced first i'd still want 12 v 10 as per the lore. Make my team UP i don't care.

Edited by Wolfways, 16 September 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#32 ShadowFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

If you have to gimp a Clan XL equipped mech with a side torso out how hard would it be to just dock it with a 20% (or whatever) reduction in speed? Simple, logical, and a definite reduction in combat capability.

#33 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostWolfways, on 16 September 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

How about 12 v 10?

I know some people say "Well clan and IS should be equally balanced" but i thought this was supposed to be a team game. I've never thought that any mech i pilot should be individually as good as every other mech. Teams should be balanced, not mechs/weapons (although true balance is a myth, and even if it were possible there are so many things to take into account in a MWO match it would still be virtually impossible).

People complain every day about DC's, and you yourself (IIRC) said that matches are like a domino effect, as soon as a team loses a couple of mechs that team will likely lose. Clan starting two mechs down would be a huge disadvantage to that team (not to mention the fact that the clans have nothing fast enough to catch IS lights yet thanks to engine customization, and being in two groups instead of three means less map control).

I also want to add, before someone says i want OP clan mechs, even if clans and IS were balanced first i'd still want 12 v 10 as per the lore. Make my team UP i don't care.

12v10 requires a complete rewrite of the matchmaker. Don't count on it unless all else fails.

#34 Procyon Alpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 165 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN USA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:57 PM

So all the top comp teams are going Clan, can you tell me why? Oh yeah in 12 V 12 clans are superior. That is why the IS is going to get rolled way past Terra. Any edge in clan mechs in a equal match still equals a loss to the IS. So yeah fighting with with baseball bats vs hand guns not really my style. If this is the case who is really going to play the IS other than RPers? No one really, everyone wants the advantage because you should be playing to win, not to lose.

#35 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

I would say for clanwars make a R&R with a certain style of mechlocking. Clanmechs would be twice as expensive to repair as IS mechs. Cant afford to repair your timberwolf? Then you have to wait for your free repairs to fix it which takes X amount of days and you have to fight in a Summoner. Class A team defending against a Class C team? Do we take our direwolfs and timbers and risk a chance of some of them getting destroyed or fight these guys in adders and novas and save our good stuff for the big boys? Adds a real strategic element to CW and makes high resource planets very desirable and also very risky expense wise since everyone will be gunning for you.

Otherwise your going to have clanners rolling direwolf, timberwolf, stormcrow, whatever clan light over and over with no variety. Just my two cents on CW instead of breaking clanmechs to try to achieve some kind of equality.

#36 Procyon Alpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

Most of the guys going into CW are space rich, so do not see R&R being an issue for them. In 12 v 12 ther has to be a complete balance, why else would you role IS over Clan. Look at all the tags most of them are clan then merc and after that a few loyal IS houses. So why is that?

#37 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

IMO (and I said as much to Garth when he was still on Reddit) they never should have been nerfed to begin with as I for one would WELCOME the challenge of duking it out with the full powered clans (Garth didnt understand that, he couldnt understand the lure of fighting something more powerful than myself). Ive said this before but how is this going to factor in when CW comes around and the clans are unable to invade the IS because they arent superior and dont have the tech advantage they should to get that invasion corridor? I dont think the players are going to be cool with giving over a planet they just fought for and won because the clans are supposed to take it. I also dont think people are going to be cool with no clan invasion because they are able to fend them off.

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 16 September 2014 - 02:17 PM.

#38 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

They wont be rich if they get into a war that lasts a month or so and they have to fight everynight. The purplewar in Wot lasted i think upwards of 6 months with both sides exhausted at the end. I could very well see a war lasting at least 3 months with it ending on map reset.

IS will have larger garages, less repairs, and therefore more staying power to grind down a stubborn clan team if they are persistent and stick with it.

Edited by beerandasmoke, 16 September 2014 - 02:08 PM.

#39 Procyon Alpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:12 PM

There are several of the top players that have 5 to 6 hundred million a piece banked. I would like to see R&R but I don't think it is the sole solution. For the sake of CW staying 12 v 12 XL has to change but it's still an advantage to still be up and moving missing a ST with an XL. So that is not the only solution still needed. There needs to be limitations or some thing. Unfortunately I don't have a good solution but I continue in the hope that Russ and his team do. If not CW is going to go bad real quick.

#40 Project_Mercy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 430 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

View PostYeshua Kerensky, on 16 September 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

Most of the guys going into CW are space rich, so do not see R&R being an issue for them. In 12 v 12 ther has to be a complete balance, why else would you role IS over Clan. Look at all the tags most of them are clan then merc and after that a few loyal IS houses. So why is that?

Not to disagree with the sentiment, but a lot of it also has to do with legacy. People just aesthetically liked the Mad Cat, the Vulture, the Thor. The IS mechs that people really liked, most of them are Unseen, and of the remaining ones we either have remodels of them (which are nice, but doesn't evoke the same level of comfort as being with your old friend) or just aren't in-game for whatever reason (like the mauler).

A lot of people got into BT and MW via MW2, which was the poster child for big stompy mechs. And people remember tromping crappy IS mechs with their Mad Cat or Kodiak in the various mechxxx games. Balance aside, people just like clans. I don't think you can use forum icons and clan affiliations purely off the fact that the clan mechs are better (which for a few of them, I'm not going to argue they aren't).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users