211 replies to this topic

#81 hutzlibu

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:17 PM

[color=#CCCCCC]Triordinant[/colo said:

x' timestamp='1410915922' post='3731470']
[color=#959595]They've already rejected the 12 vs 10 setup for "technical" reasons.[/color]

Can somebody tell me, where they explained this?

Because I can't imagine the technical problems which prevent making a list shorter ...

#82 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

Don't worry Innersphere. I'm here. xD

#83 r4p70r

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

If you want a big playerbase you need to balance, and pls nerf the lrms, make them follow the taglaserbeam only, not that "press R and spam" ****.

#84 Empyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:20 PM

View Postr4p70r, on 16 September 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

If you want a big playerbase you need to balance, and pls nerf the lrms, make them follow the taglaserbeam only, not that "press R and spam" ****.

I have a better idea. Reduce the range to 660m, and make them descent in less steep angle.

#85 Kirkland Langue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

To say that I have no confidence in PGI would be an understatement - but I'm sure that even you guys understand that a few hours of testing does almost nothing to really get a good sense of the balance.

You know what players do when they know their results are being monitored? They behave how they expect they are supposed to behave - so players who believe that Clan is OP will tend to play with that mindset. Your results are tainted.

If you really want real results, you have to run the test for long enough such that players get away from their preconceived notions and start playing "normally". You should run it IS vs Clan straight on through until CW is actually released. It isn't like you stopped 2 friends from dropping mixed if they want to.

#86 Votanin FleshRender

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 518 posts
  • Location3rd rock from the Sun

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

NOOOOO! I missed it again!

#87 r4p70r

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Teh range can be like it is but the aiming mechanics need to change, with Tagbeam only they need to see the target or another mech equipped with Tag need line of sight nad have to hold its like in realworld, the lrms fly where you point your laser and follow it.

#88 Bhelogan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 328 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

How about we get a breakdown of IS vs CLAN win/loss into ELO buckets? May not prove anything, but I bet it would generate some great debate!

#89 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Cant believe I missed this. Sad times!

#90 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 16 September 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

50/50 can't be the goal. Right now all the noobs are going to be in IS mechs because its doubtful they've thrown out the cash for Clan mechs.

Why do you say that? There are clan trial mechs available now for free, and almost half the clan mechs are already up for cbills. Anyone who has been through their cadet matches could afford a clan mech.

#91 John McOrigin

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:25 PM

Never nerf my LRM!

Overall testing today: 19 Matches, 5 of them IS vs IS.
Of the remaining 14 matches IS vs Clan, it was 7 vs 7 win ration.
Clans had 2 stampedes with 1 casualtie none with 0, IS had 3 stampedes, 1 flawless and 2 with 1 casualtie.

Those numbers are far from that I experienced last time - which was not fun at all.

However, there was only 1 match IS vs Clan which was really tense. 1 of 14. All other matches ended 12:4 or worse, with the stampedes listed above.

I am curious if this meets the overall numbers as my numbers are not representative at all, of course.

#92 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:26 PM

Only got a chance to play 3, lost 2, won 1. I can say however, the quality of IS pilots the first two matches was rather poor.

Most skilled players going for "meta" which is clans, so there is that.

#93 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:26 PM

Well, it's a positive that the win rate was more balanced between IS and Clans. Let's see what the quirking and the necessary XL side torso penalty will do.

I for one was pleased by how well my founder's catapult held out against the clans. :)

#94 Project_Mercy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 430 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

View PostArcDemon, on 16 September 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

The Clans desperately need some buffing.

I saw a disturbing # of people with clan tags, and people I know who mostly roll clan mechs, who suddenly played IS for 3 hours ;)

#95 John McOrigin

• Pip
  • 11 posts

And regarding LRM's: I am experienced LRM boat player I think. Usually dealing more dmg than any other LRM boat in the match. Fired about 600.000 LRM in total and have the TAG with me. The average hit number is at 30%. Do not tell me, this is OP.

Just equipp AMS and stay close together for a effective protection. Act as a team and not as a "common" fps player.

#96 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

After this quirk pass and the Clan XL change we need to try something more like this for testing:
-Challenge Weekend. Wins are all that count towards challenge.
-Group Queue only, minimum group size of 4, no maximum.
-Your group must be all IS or all Clan obviously.

We need data from people who are trying hard to win and are on the more organized side of the spectrum to better replicate what CW matches will be like.

Its closer than it used to be but in 12v12 if the Clans bring 3 DWF with serious builds and 3 TBR with serious builds its just too much to handle at once.

Wish we could revisit 10v12, pretty sure it would make for much more interesting and better balanced gameplay in CW.

Edited by Hoax415, 16 September 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#97 r4p70r

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

AMS do nothing when you get rained with hundreds of lrms.
They can buff lrm damage and precision if they want but pls change the aiming mechanics so we can shoot back.

#98 diablocableguy

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

I had a fun time taking my IS mechs for a spin, I felt it was more an issue with teams not working together that caused the losses/victories I experienced, I had little trouble bringing down multiple clan mechs in my SHD, well, as long as I could get close enough. ;)

#99 ryoken12

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

Played my IS mechs only. Got to say lost all but 1 game against clans in like 10 games. I played light through to assault all with same results. Clan mechs always won, and most games was a gankfest.

#100 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 16 September 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

A few were upset about the test I guess railroading their night with matches that are unfair.

Posted Image

Well: I have been saying I was annoyed that I'd not contributed to such a test before …

But that was just bad, even with my rust. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users