56 replies to this topic

#21 Jaeger Gonzo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 16 September 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

It does seem better but by how much I dont know yet.

People should not worry this will not change the balance plan, I still hope Clan weapons stay as is.

We have the IS quirks and Clan RT/LT to play with - but this data tonight will be helpful and I thought fun for everyone.

^^^^
This.

I hope everyone is getting a taste like this.

Start talking not about RT/ST half way, but about real engine hits that will affect off course IS as well.

I see too many Dires that do all the time just above 100 dmg to belive

#22 Theodore42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 156 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:22 PM

I'm having a blast playing against the clans. Many IS players taking things really seriously. I'm definitely going to be IS for the CW :)

I'm at 2 wins and 3 losses so far, but the wins were close and the losses were.... not.

#23 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:31 PM

Just lost a match pretty severely... been mostly equal W/L ratio.

I did stir the pot tho... I powered down and spent 3 min watching them run right past me. I said "well paid" in /all and they got all defensive. Don't be upset, I was simply implying your need for glasses, champions.

#24 Diss

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:31 PM

Im 1-4, the win was against a really bad team. Both Dire's for other team pushed center of terra therma with no support.

It is better, but its not close yet. Clan weapons are closer to balanced. Clan XL still a huge advantage, just so much weapon and heat sink space availabe.

Lights and Mediums are competitive, heavy and assault the clan mechs are superior mainly due to the XL engine advantage.

Edited by Diss, 16 September 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#25 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

Had some really close matches but most still range from 12-0 to 12-4 losses in completely unbalanced matches. Theres a slight but noticeable increase in bads on the Clan side, usually lighter mechs trying to facetank IS assaults learning about the fact that they arent invincible - the hard way.

Recent match was a nice 12-0 stomp for the clanners. They had 5 DWs, whatever MM did there, it shouldnt ever happen. No fun at all to play.
One of the deciding factors of how bad its going to be is the ammount of Dire- and Timberwolfs.

#26 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostPewPew2, on 16 September 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

I have a feeling clans are going to get a penalty for heat and movement when losing a side torso.

They should have from the very beginning, being as that was one of the balancing mechanics for tabletop anyway.

Once again, another balance issue that didn't have to happen but did anyway because they decided to give all the pros of Clan XL, and none of the cons.

#27 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostHillslam, on 16 September 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

YEAH NEXT TIME MAKE A CLEAR AND VISIBLE ANNOUNCEMENT SO I DON'T WASTE MY TIME.

TELL EVERYONE CLEARLY WHEN IT IS OFF.

TIL THEN I'M OFF TO OTHER GAMES.

AMBUSH TESTS ON THE PUBLIC PAY SERVER. F**K. THIS. S**T.

Posted Image

#28 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

Right now, 2 wins, 1 loss against Clans as Founder Catapult.

It's not looking bad for the IS right now. Still, Russ needs data. IMAGONNAGIVEHIMMOARDATA XD

*goes pew pew whoosh whoosh*

#29 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

Did they switch it to IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan? 3 matches in a row in my Atlas and not a single clan on either side.

#30 BigFatGator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

0-4 so far. 6-12, 3-12, 0-12, and 10-12.

The 0-12 would have been a loss no matter if it was clan vs. IS or not- total team scatter.
The rest... IS mechs fought valiantly. I had 570, 650, and 950 dmg in a Jager in each.
Still lost.
Still had fun, for now. Gets blood going thinking that these matches 'matter'. Feels like beginning of invasion.
No sign of IS tanking matches.... mostly seeing people try harder so far.

#31 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:58 PM

IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan is possible, too, had 2 of those already.

#32 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

I don't care they did the test. I care they didn't announce it.

So - went into my clan mechs and milked cbills

6-1 in clans
0-4 in IS

done for night, going to work

#33 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

Had an absolute epic battle, ISvClan. Great teamwork as well.

Posted Image

#34 D R E A D N A U G H T

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:06 PM

I am not seeing this Russ. I'll paste here what I posted in another thread:

I think, sadly, that the only way to win, is not to play.

Let me quantify this. IS players have nothing to lose, and everything to gain, by not putting up a fight. In the last match I played, I saw a Banshee on river city, wade out into the middle of my entire teams fire. He was rotating and spreading damage, but he did not once return fire. Of course this followed up by their teams raven that ran right into the middle our group and shut down while we nuked him.

If you want accurate results, then you have to give an incentive to play well. In this case, IS players have every incentive not to play well......clan nerfs. What could possibly be more rewarding?

I'm not saying all IS players would do this, but even the good IS players have to admit that there are those amongst the IS ranks that have and will.

Sadly, for me, the choice is clear. Don't play in these silly challenges. It's the only way to win.

EDIT: Suggestion so I don't come off as just bitter. How about giving a real incentive to these balance tests. Why not give IS players a free King Crab, and clan players a free vulture or loki for showing up to these tests and giving it their all. Say, 30 matches per player over the course of a weekend, win or lose. That would give some incentive to get people playing in top form and possibly give some really solid data. Maybe a pipe dream I know, but just thought I'd toss that out there.

View PostRuss Bullock, on 16 September 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

It does seem better but by how much I dont know yet.

People should not worry this will not change the balance plan, I still hope Clan weapons stay as is.

We have the IS quirks and Clan RT/LT to play with - but this data tonight will be helpful and I thought fun for everyone.

^^^^
This.

I hope everyone is getting a taste like this.

Edited by Dread Naught, 16 September 2014 - 05:22 PM.

#35 8Ball-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 292 posts
  • LocationIndiana, US

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

Didn't get in till 8:30 est, but got 2 wins, no losses for IS in a DDC. In solo it seems there are as many bad clanners as there are for IS. Unless of course they were throwing matches.

#36 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:26 PM

I like to be part of tests like that. It's fun, and it's helping at the same time...

I had around 5 matches with clan mechs, all wins. Sadly, in all matches the IS people were all widespread around the map. Someone even commented " And they are going to blame clan tech again..."

I think a good test for IS x Clan should be a tournament, because then we would have skilled teams playing together and more organized.

#37 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

My limited experience was two IS wins vs. Clans (other drops did not draw Clan teams). But they were tough fights, with IS teams that worked together very well.

#38 BigFatGator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostDread Naught, on 16 September 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

Let me quantify this. IS players have nothing to lose, and everything to gain, by not putting up a fight.

F you. Every IS team I've been with has fought hard. One fought stupid which is par for the course in a pug match, the rest fought hard and mostly well. I went all out because this is the first set of matches that seemed like it mattered. Was disappointed to see mixed teams again in a match on my last drop.

Don't you dare hide behind the 'IS teams throw matches' BS. Clan teams have every incentive to do the same, and I give all the shutdown novas that I cored benefit of the doubt that they just don't handle the heat when being hit with dual AC10 and panic... vs. figuring if they alpha and shut down from heat maybe PGI will ease up on the clan ERMLs.

#39 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:36 PM

Final tally for me was 3 wins , 2 losses versus the Clans. Good games. Most, anyway.

Still, the overall picture isn't as good for the IS. The IS has a chance now, but it's still skewed. Let's hope the quirks help!

#40 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

Posted this in the other thread. The claims of IS throwing matches is nonsense as usual because the incentive is the same for diehards of both factions.

But still I'd like to see a more rigorous test environment:

After this quirk pass and the Clan XL change we need to try something more like this for testing:
-Challenge Weekend. Wins are all that count towards challenge.
-Group Queue only, minimum group size of 4, no maximum.
-Your group must be all IS or all Clan obviously.

We need data from people who are trying hard to win and are on the more organized side of the spectrum to better replicate what CW matches will be like.

Its closer than it used to be but in 12v12 if the Clans bring 3 DWF with serious builds and 3 TBR with serious builds its just too much to handle at once.

Wish we could revisit 10v12, pretty sure it would make for much more interesting and better balanced gameplay in CW.

Its a seriously frightening question of how well the balance will hold up when people are tryharding on both sides and every little advantage counts for a whole lot more.

Edited by Hoax415, 16 September 2014 - 05:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users