Heads Up For Folks Wanting To Upgrade From A La Carte To Masakari

61 replies to this topic

#1 Jon Cunningham

Senior Architect

• 159 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

I understand from Niko that we're not able to upgrade A La Carte owners to Masakari owners through support anymore. Partially this is due to the fact that we've changed payment providers.

Sorry about that.

What we're doing to fix this:

• I'll be creating a new page that will allow you to do this and bypass the refund/rebuy manual route CSRs had been providing.

• This way, you'll just pay the difference between the Masakari and the A La Carte collection you have, if you want to upgrade.
I won't have this available right away but the plan is soon.

This is primarily of interest to people who bought a large number of A La Carte Mechs and want to qualify for the Mad Dog in addition to all of the other free mechs we're giving out.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience to any A La Carte owners who want to upgrade.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:19 PM

So, who is your payment provider and why doesn't it work? :P

Thanks for a relevant update... I just want the answers to my questions. :P

Edited by Deathlike, 16 September 2014 - 07:19 PM.

#3 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:30 PM

Will the Warhawk still be $240 if we switch from A La Carte?

#4 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

He said you pay the difference.

So if you have 1 alacarte mech for $55 you would pay $240-$55 or $185

#5 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

View PostWill9761, on 16 September 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

View PostJon Cunningham, on 16 September 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

• This way, you'll just pay the difference between the Masakari and the A La Carte collection you have, if you want to upgrade.

#6 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

View PostKhobai, on 16 September 2014 - 07:32 PM, said:

He said you pay the difference.

So if you have 1 alacarte mech for $55 you would pay $240-$55 or $185

Thanks for the info.

#7 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

What about upgrades? There are people who also bought different packs like the Dire Wolf and Timber Wolf package.

#8 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:02 PM

View PostWill9761, on 16 September 2014 - 07:39 PM, said:

What about upgrades? There are people who also bought different packs like the Dire Wolf and Timber Wolf package.

Those are going to be dealt with on the main page would be my guess, as stated in another post by Russ somewhere (cant remember where search is your friend).

#9 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

How about upgrading a Masakari to ... drum roll please ... GOLD?

How about a gold Mad Dog?

Edited by Mystere, 16 September 2014 - 09:05 PM.

#10 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:29 PM

Cool, but what about the clan mechs I bought with cbills to complement my a-la-carte?

#11 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:41 PM

View PostDuke Nedo, on 16 September 2014 - 09:29 PM, said:

Cool, but what about the clan mechs I bought with cbills to complement my a-la-carte?

Would not count towards any of the packages, my guess would be same for MC purchases of them.

#12 Duke Nedo

• 2,184 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:51 PM

Yeah, that's my point... I would have to upgrade and then sell the duplicates and loose 50% of the cbills grinded to buy them... and for the prime also lose any upgrades and customizations since I guess the upgraded package will give -prime(I)'s....

I wish they would grant the maddog to people that bought Man-o-war + any top tier package. Then you can't possibly get stuck somehow because you bought the wrong type of clan package a long time ago with no chance of knowing....

Edited by Duke Nedo, 16 September 2014 - 10:53 PM.

#13 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:55 PM

View PostDuke Nedo, on 16 September 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

Yeah, that's my point... I would have to upgrade and then sell the duplicates and loose 50% of the cbills grinded to buy them... and for the prime also lose any upgrades and customizations since I guess the upgraded package will give -prime(I)'s....

I wish they would grant the maddog to people that bought Man-o-war + any top tier package. Then you can't possibly get stuck somehow because you bought the wrong type of clan package a long time ago with no chance of knowing....

If it was any top tier package then it wouldnt be the Ultimate Clan reward would it? The King Crab is for anyone who has purchased any top tier.

#14 Duke Nedo

• 2,184 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:07 PM

Well, forcing players to loose large amounts of cbills for getting an upgrade that is the only way to get the Maddog bonus because of a good choice they made half a year back that now turned into a bad choice isn't a very good solution imo...

Personally I spend $180 on a-la-charte and bought 3 mechs with cbills so I will only loose ~20 mil cbills and some mc, but I am sure others have a worse situation! 20 mil cbills is a real amout of grind to loose like that though!

My main point is that there was no way of knowing, and there is no way of getting it right now without loosing lots of cbills... :(

Edited by Duke Nedo, 16 September 2014 - 11:09 PM.

#15 Griggio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:10 PM

Well considering that the Timber A la Carte is blocking me from upgrading to Masaraki I'm glad we got some communication on this front.

Even if the word "soon" is a really dirty word around here still.

#16 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:25 PM

View PostDuke Nedo, on 16 September 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

Well, forcing players to loose large amounts of cbills for getting an upgrade that is the only way to get the Maddog bonus because of a good choice they made half a year back that now turned into a bad choice isn't a very good solution imo...

Personally I spend $180 on a-la-charte and bought 3 mechs with cbills so I will only loose ~20 mil cbills and some mc, but I am sure others have a worse situation! 20 mil cbills is a real amout of grind to loose like that though!

My main point is that there was no way of knowing, and there is no way of getting it right now without loosing lots of cbills... :(

There is no way to see the future if someone can see into it please give me the Canadian 649 wining numbers for next week please. We all have to live with the choices we make, this would be one of them, no way around it. Enjoy what you have and move on and get the Mad Dog for MC or C-Bills when it comes out and enjoy the `Mech. Will it be functionally different than the (I)? No, will you still have fun with it? Most likely (cant say anyone will have fun with any `Mech that isnt out yet).

#17 Duke Nedo

• 2,184 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:34 PM

Well, thing is this is bad for both me and pgi, don't really see why you defend it.

Going the upgrade route I would get 12 mech variants for $60 including 3 with bonus, since I spent $180 already, that's a good deal for me and pgi gets my money. It also makes me spend $120 on man-o-war, so another fresh $180 in total for pgi.

Now, since this will now make me loose ~200 matches worth of rewards, I am very likely to rather just expand my a-la-carte for 0 to 2 reinforcement mechs depending on exact stats and grab the maddog for cbills like you say. This is not really what I want and pgi gets much less money from me, so bad for both.

And like I said, I expect that there are others out there that would loose 100,000 cbills too... I'd think it would be in everyone's best interest to come up with a good solution for this, no?

Edited by Duke Nedo, 16 September 2014 - 11:36 PM.

#18 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:37 PM

I....really like this! This just might push me into buying the entire package.

#19 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:38 PM

Very cool, thank you for the update.

#20 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:45 PM

View PostDuke Nedo, on 16 September 2014 - 11:34 PM, said:

Well, thing is this is bad for both me and pgi, don't really see why you defend it.

Going the upgrade route I would get 12 mech variants for $60 including 3 with bonus, since I spent $180 already, that's a good deal for me and pgi gets my money. It also makes me spend $120 on man-o-war, so another fresh $180 in total for pgi.

Now, since this will now make me loose ~200 matches worth of rewards, I am very likely to rather just expand my a-la-carte for 0 to 2 reinforcement mechs depending on exact stats and grab the maddog for cbills like you say. This is not really what I want and pgi gets much less money from me, so bad for both.

And like I said, I expect that there are others out there that would loose 100,000 cbills too... I'd think it would be in everyone's best interest to come up with a good solution for this, no?

Defend? No just pointing out reality. I will point out how does this make you lose in any way? So you would have duplicates of some `Mechs, gives you more flexibility to have multiple configurations. I myself have uh....like five D-DC all with different configurations that I use all the time depending on my mood.

The only way this is a lose situation is if you view the (I) as some uber powerful godlike `Mech that can kill things just by looking at them sideways. If you do view it that way then uh...you might want to talk to a shrink you might have bigger issues at hand :o ;).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users