As7-S Soon The #1 Atlas Or The #3 Gimp? Possible Hardpoint Discussion...

55 replies to this topic

#41 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:10 AM

View Postgh0s7m3rc, on 20 September 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:

However, much further unlikely (or so I hope, anyway) is that they pull a 9M on the S, with having the CT with 2xE + 2xM... :(

It's not only unlikely, it's just not going to happen. If they did that you would not be able to make a stock build, which has 2 medium lasers in the CT as well as the 2 Streaks.

#42 Kh0rn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:22 AM

I pretty much see it being this.

RA/LA= 1E
LT= 2M
RT= 1B
CT= 2M

It would be nice too have 9 hard points but I see the AS7-S being a different variant of the D simply trading the energy for missiles.

#43 Shell Game

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostMathium, on 20 September 2014 - 01:52 AM, said:

Have to agree with the others, probably a single ballistic slot in the right torso and 4 missiles in the left. No clue if they will change the tube sizes, but this would be the time when they could do a visual weapon appearance pass on the Atlas. It's happened before with several other hero mech releases; Raven 3L can now mount larger missiles in its left narc arm.
Here's a clip from the record sheets for AS7-S:
Posted Image

Mathium, Thanks for the your detailed contribution to this thread.

The layout sheet has 4 rear arc weapons and this version of the AS7-S used in table top gaming is clearly designed for 360 degree all around protection.

Maybe PGI can give us a rear view mirror so we can those targets that fall on the backside.

As this game doesn't employ rear arc weapons, I'm seeing quite a bit of forward meta on this with 4 energy hard points, 4 missile hard points, one RT ballistic hard point. The CT ones are quite a bit less usable as each hard point can only use a maximum of one slot each if two weapons are mounted there.

4x medium pulse lasers?
4x SRM4's?
Gauss Rifle or AC/20?

I personally don't like to utilize more than 3 weapons groups so this would work for me.

#44 Shell Game

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

View Postgh0s7m3rc, on 20 September 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:

It's also possible the missile tube limits will be 10-6-2-2, as it's originally for 2xSSRM2. <_<

However, much further unlikely (or so I hope, anyway) is that they pull a 9M on the S, with having the CT with 2xE + 2xM... :(

I hope that the SSRM2 tubes are large enough to at least put in SRM6's which fire in one volley. I'm not a fan of mounting both SRM's and SSRM2's at the same time just for the consideration of loading 2 different types of missile ammo. Using 4x SSRM2 would be very underpowered.

Edited by EpicWarlord, 20 September 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#45 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:04 PM

View PostKh0rn, on 20 September 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

I pretty much see it being this.

RA/LA= 1E
LT= 2M
RT= 1B
CT= 2M

It would be nice too have 9 hard points but I see the AS7-S being a different variant of the D simply trading the energy for missiles.

Not going to happen. That makes the stock build impossible. It will have 4 energy hardpoints, 1 ballistic hardpoint, and 4 energy hardpoints. Guaranteed. This the minimum possible configuration of hardpoints for the AS-7S, because its stock loadout is four MLs, one AC20, one LRM20, one SRM6, and two SSRM2s. It will have 9 hardpoints for sure.

#46 Sam Slade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

ATLAS WITH JUMP JETS!!!

That would be awesome

#47 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

View Postgh0s7m3rc, on 20 September 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

Ah, good point. That certainly laid the worst of fears to waste. ^_^
But the missile tube count is still pending. Does it seem viable to limit the last 2 missile hardpoints for 2 each, in the name of balance? :rolleyes:

So long as they don't pull a VTR-9S style atrocity, I'm good...

#48 Postumus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:37 PM

View PostEpicWarlord, on 20 September 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Mathium, Thanks for the your detailed contribution to this thread.

The layout sheet has 4 rear arc weapons and this version of the AS7-S used in table top gaming is clearly designed for 360 degree all around protection.

Maybe PGI can give us a rear view mirror so we can those targets that fall on the backside.

As this game doesn't employ rear arc weapons, I'm seeing quite a bit of forward meta on this with 4 energy hard points, 4 missile hard points, one RT ballistic hard point. The CT ones are quite a bit less usable as each hard point can only use a maximum of one slot each if two weapons are mounted there.

4x medium pulse lasers?
4x SRM4's?
Gauss Rifle or AC/20?

I personally don't like to utilize more than 3 weapons groups so this would work for me.

Why would the S have one less ballistic point than the D? Every mech so far in the game with an AC/20 in the stock loadout comes with more than a single ballistic point. Atlas D, Highlander 733C, Hunchback, etc.

#49 Shell Game

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:52 PM

View PostPostumus, on 20 September 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

Why would the S have one less ballistic point than the D? Every mech so far in the game with an AC/20 in the stock loadout comes with more than a single ballistic point. Atlas D, Highlander 733C, Hunchback, etc.

So, if we ended up with 2 ballistic slots that would leave us with 10 weapon hard points? This would certainly make the AS7-S much more interesting. I generally prefer a pair of AC/5's or a Gauss Rifle, so that option would be very nice.

Edited by EpicWarlord, 20 September 2014 - 11:56 PM.

#50 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:12 AM

View PostEpicWarlord, on 17 September 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Based on my reading of the AS7-S on the Sarna.net, Battletech source website the hardpoint layout we will probably get.

RA 1E
RT 2B
CT 2M
LT 2M
LA 1E, 1 AMS

You misread.
The Atlas S's weapons officially are arranged:

RA 1E
RT 1B
CT 2 E (REAR)
LT 2M FRONT, 2M (REAR)
LA 1E

PGI will of course do this...

RA 1E
RT 1B
CT 2 E
LT 4M
LA 1E, 1 AMS

No inflation necessary. By stock it has more hardpoints than any other Atlas.
Would like a Right Arm AMS instead of a left arm one, however.

View PostPostumus, on 20 September 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

Quite simply because PGI likes to keep hardpoint numbers close to each other. There's a lot of missile hardpoints.

The Atlas D got the most inflated hardpoints of all the Atlases. It, like any other, had only one hardpoint. I also acknowledge the pattern in dual ballistics. But 10 hardpoints? And this Atlas is exclusively available to those who gave some sort of financial backing to the game? It's hard enough to justify 9 hardpoints over 8 D and Boars' Head (7 RS / D-DC and 6 K). 10 is hard to justify considering the exclusive nature of the S. No one can get it for cbills.

Edited by Koniving, 21 September 2014 - 12:17 AM.

#51 Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:15 AM

RA/LA 1E
RT 1B
LT 4M
CT E

If it receives a second B-Slot in RT, than the MechModules will be reduced to 1...

Easy.

#52 DasSibby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostEpicWarlord, on 17 September 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

RA 1E, (1 AMS)
RT 1B
CT 2M
LT 2M, ECM Guardian
LA 1E, 1 AMS

This would be pretty sweet... But for me? I'd love a Splat-(At)las. It would go something like this.

RA 1E, (1 AMS)
RT 2M
CT 2M
LT 2M
LA 1E

Add two non-removable small lazers in the eyes for teh LULZ?

#53 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

Why does everyone keep assuming it will have 2 M hardpoints in the CT? Look at the TRO knuckleheads.

RA- 1ML
RT- AC20
CT- 2ML (rear facing)
LT- LRM20, SRM6, 2xSSRM2 (rear facing)
LA- 1ML

It's literally the AS7-D, upgraded from 20 SHS to 15 DHS and two SSRM2s and a ton of ammo added.

#54 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:19 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 24 September 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

Why does everyone keep assuming it will have 2 M hardpoints in the CT? Look at the TRO knuckleheads.

RA- 1ML
RT- AC20
CT- 2ML (rear facing)
LT- LRM20, SRM6, 2xSSRM2 (rear facing)
LA- 1ML

It's literally the AS7-D, upgraded from 20 SHS to 15 DHS and two SSRM2s and a ton of ammo added.

Likely because they forget about the 2 CT MLs on the Atlas-D base model.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users