Clan Wave Ii Arts

4 replies to this topic

#1 Illya Ghost Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 500 posts
  • LocationTaking your planets, eating your cookies.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:57 PM

Wave II released, with some nice background arts:
Posted Image
25 ton, jump capable, ecm capable 120-130kph striker. A lot will depend on size and hitboxes.

Posted Image
Fast, 130-140 after tweak. Good armor, survivability will depend largely on scale. Light firepower, but enough for effective hit and run.

Posted Image
89 kph, HEAVY missile firepower. If decently agile, and not cursed with a huge CT, should be a good big brother to the Storm Crow

Posted Image
Fast, well armed, with an astounding array of hard points. Standard Internals and Armor offset in part by being the only heavy capable of ECM.

Posted Image
Fast, but very limited on firepower. Abundance of pos space in some configs will allow large numbers of smaller weapons, giving it some role on very mobile teams, as another fast strike unit. Success will depend heavily on Hitboxes and agility quirks.

Posted Image

As for the Arts, themselves?
IMO, the Mist Lynx is simply a perfect translation from TT to Video Game. 10/10. Cannot find any flaws in the translation and really love the torso/cockpit.

Ice Ferret. Nice. A little pedestrian, but then the original line has about as shoebox as a Clan Mech got. The Cockpit is again a good translation, but I dislike the stretched, Vindicator feel to the right arm. Also, the pants and trainers legs leave me a little cold. 7/10 with most of the fault coming from the original design itself.

Mad Dog? OK; I get that the legs are "shared" with the TWolf. Despite being 2 pts less internal, and 9 pts less armor. But they simply look too massive. And because of that, we are talking Dumbo grade cankles. Also, in this version, at least, the laser barrels are too short. The official art version certainly has a better "balance" to it.
Posted Image

Also prefer what happens when I increase the torso size by about 12.5%
Posted Image
to my mind much better balanced. Went from being the possible best looking IMO from concept art, to possibly my biggest disappointment. 6/10 (concept art 9/10)

The Hellbringer? Again, true to it's source material, which always looked a little lumpy and lopsided to me. That CT really worries me for catching fire, like a mini-Dragon belly. That, and the lower legs/feet feel a little stubby, to me. Still, overall, nicely translated. 8/10.

The Gargoyle. *Sigh*
Why does it have to look so good, yet I just know, it will play, sooooooooo bad? torso and arms are textbook translations, as are the legs overall, which also have the one glaring flaw.... it looks like the mech is wearing trainers. Like Air Jordans, or something. But that head..... it's like a Cylon Centurion wearing an American Football Helmet or something. Just looks MEAN.
Might call mine JJ Watt. Anyhow, 9.5/10. If the feet had been a little more mean looking, would be a full 10.

So, what are your thoughts?

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

I think I can agree the Concept art looks "WAAAAAAAAAAY" better than the actual design for the Mad Dog. Actual's hands are too fat and the guns should be much longer.

#3 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:13 PM

View PostJennerCrusher, on 17 September 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

[indent=1]

How to Be a Successful Gargoyle Pilot!

1: Hide behind a hill or building.

2: Use BAP and/or Radar Dep. to not get caught as easily.

3: Whenever a lighter foe gets to close, ambush da muddafucka!

4: Have another teammate distract your target whilst you find a new hiding spot.

5: Make sure you stay in cover throughout most of the match.

6: Rinse and repeat 'til the end of the match.

Dem PUG tactics rite here

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:04 AM

Or ambush and spam srm and laser them to hell.

Edited by Lily from animove, 18 September 2014 - 12:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users