Partly Premium Time Activation

11 replies to this topic

Poll: Partly activation for premium time (147 member(s) have cast votes)

Wanna partly premium time activation

1. Voted Yes (136 votes [92.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.52%

2. No (11 votes [7.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 iRustik

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:01 AM

I have more than 150 days premium. BUT! I can play some of this days, maybe 50 days only! It is ridiculous when you pay for premium then can't using all of your premium time because you just can't do it physically. I ask PGI, to set premium activation partly on hours or at least on days.

Edited by iRustik, 18 September 2014 - 03:06 AM.

#2 tm10067

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:36 AM

Inability to divide premium time is not fair to proprietors and stimulates unhealthy practices of repeatedly playing for several days.

#3 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:11 AM

So every other subscription type of thing where they charge monthly whether you play zero days or thirty-one days is wrong too? Premium Time is MW:O's subscription.

You got your banked Premium Time at a heavy discount (if not for free, then very close to it) with a package. It's not like you're not getting your money's worth.

And I'm saying this as someone who has purchased the top tier of every package they have offered for MW:O, including the top Wave II package.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 18 September 2014 - 05:16 AM.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:21 AM

Yes, I think you should be able to activate your banked premium time in discrete pieces- probably on 1 week or 30 day segments

Constantly toggling premium time on/off, no, but for large values of banked time, yes.

#5 zje

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:10 AM

I am yet to pay for premium time because my schedule does not really allow me to make effective use of it. However, I realize that this is an industry standard practice, so I think it's okay. That said, I voted yes (why wouldn't you?) as it's an opportunity for MWO to differentiate themselves from other games if they so choose.

#6 MrBlonde42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

View PostiRustik, on 18 September 2014 - 03:01 AM, said:

I have more than 150 days premium. BUT! I can play some of this days, maybe 50 days only! It is ridiculous when you pay for premium then can't using all of your premium time because you just can't do it physically. I ask PGI, to set premium activation partly on hours or at least on days.

It was stated in the town hall that the banked premium time would be able to be activated in something like 1 month chunks sometime in the near future.

#7 Biruke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,162 posts
  • LocationMsk, RF, Terra

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:01 AM

Or at least months. I've got 631 days of premium time o_O

I think I can activate it right now o_O

#8 Igor Kozyrev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • 1,881 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia, Siberia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:03 AM

No need to worry

http://www.reddit.co..._rough_summary/

Activate premium time in chunks. Russ throws Niko under the bus. Russ mentions that MWO is one of very few games that actually has "banked time". Suggests that people complaining about the c-bill grind should be activating their banked premium time. Russ is waiting for Niko to put out an announcement that Premium can be activated in chunks of ONE month at a time, no less. It is supposedly finished on the website end, but not finished for UI implementation.

#9 Riddler9884

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMiami, Fl

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

I don’t think PGI is going to change it sadly. Premium time is a revenue stream they botched by not fixing it earlier. I may not have the facts but this is how it looks to me:

Assuming that those who would buy premium time sessions of 6 hours or less on a regular basis, already have 60, 90, 120 or more days of Premium time banked. Fixing it means PGI would see very little additional money for fixing the mechanic for a long time, and continuing to hand out premium time just keeps making the issue worse.

Update: just saw previous post. Not exactly what I would like, but it they can thin down enough of the amount of banked premium time the community has and people keep asking for smaller portions of premium time, it just MIGHT happen.

Edited by Riddler9884, 18 September 2014 - 08:13 AM.

#10 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:59 PM

ability to activate banked time in 30 day chunks incoming

#11 QBasic Warrior

Rookie

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

I'm voting no.
However, if we could put a "Vacation Hold" on premium time, for say the cost of 1 day's worth of time, that I would go for. Travelling to New Zealand for 2 weeks. Not taking my computer.

#12 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:23 AM

Premium time should only be active when a person is logged in to their online client. Period. Otherwise you are paying for something that you immediately proceed to lose. That is not fair to the buyer. And people with any intelligence will not buy premium time just to lose it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users