Incoming Hot Fix - 18 September 2014

78 replies to this topic

#41 elsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationWay over there on the left

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:52 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 18 September 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

Thanks for the report.. we'll be keeping a close eye on this thread over the next few days. Now get out there and crack some coconuts!

YOU LEAVE MY COCONUTS ALONE!

#42 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

View Postelsie, on 18 September 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

YOU LEAVE MY COCONUTS ALONE!

:wub:

#43 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

Got some desync last game, Cicada and a Battlemaster were jumping and blurring all over the place. Honestly something that has been bothering me the most has been the motion blur/ghosting problem and it still hasn't gone away. It hurts my eyes to a stupid degree. At any rate, I'm glad to see you guys are trying to be more vocal with the community and these patches seem to be more frequent. I want to see these bugs that remind me of closed beta gone. I want a nice smooth MWO for community warfare!

#44 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostWraithlord77, on 18 September 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

patch is badly needed but what is with the patch time , come on guys its either in middle of or near end of a LOT OF PEOPLES prime time. This mean's i can't get a game in till about 1:30 am ......[redacted].

its 1-2 hours man
go watch a movie

archeage went down for over 6 hours right after it launched into free to play during Oceania prime time

PGI have got it together when it comes to this stuff
they always get the servers back ASAP

#45 Thango

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

better go back to the drawing board, desync still happens.
Not only desync happens I also got dropped 3 times already when picking a mech and clicking on join.

Edited by Thango, 18 September 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#46 W00dst0ck

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

11 games so far and no desyncs mentioned by anyone in game and none experienced myself. May still be too small a sample size so will update later. Avg ping is 78.

#47 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

Hate to give you bad news, but I'm still getting desync'd quite a bit. It almost seems worse than before the fix :(

Was getting desync every time I dropped on Assault mode. I ran the repair tool and although it said no problems were found, I did not desync on either of the 2 matches I played after. So all seems well :D

I will try to post back after I run some more matches and give you an update.

Edited by ShinobiHunter, 18 September 2014 - 08:06 PM.

#48 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

You done good. :)

#49 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

I just had a Yen-lo-Wang match which had desync and moonwalking.

De-sync was bad enough that I thought I had a good match - round after AC/20 round into a Stalker - only to get to the end screen and see I'd somehow scored 68 damage.

Come to think of it, I was credited with only 1 kill and 2 assists, despite having shot at least half the enemy team (which was wiped out). I think my kill was the first guy down, who disconnected immediately. Poor registration after

Can't swear to that of course, but that's my impression.

Edited by Malleus011, 18 September 2014 - 07:25 PM.

#50 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

hmmmm, seems like the fix is only getting mixed results

#51 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

Thanks!

#52 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

Five matches and no de-synching what-so-ever. Every match was smooth, compared to yesterday.. night and day difference. Much appreciated :D.

#53 Jettrik Ryflix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

No desyncs for me so far... 4 matches straight. No disconnects, either. :)

#54 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

Desyncs and rubberbanding still persists sadly

#55 Neema Teymory

NetCode Slayer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

Hey everyone,

Keep in mind this fix addressed a specific server side bug that resulted in the various "desync" symptoms people have been reporting. This issue was wide spread and was very likely affecting a large number of users. However keep in mind that this does not mean all occurrences of "desync" like symptoms will be resolved. These observable symptoms can be caused by a variety of conditions including your individual connection quality.

For those users that are still experiencing extreme desyncs feel free to send me a private message and we can try to diagnose your particular issue.

Other things that have been confirmed to cause desync-like symptoms are the usage of certain anti-virus software and third party firewalls.

For those curious about the more technical details: the bug caused the server to stop sending data to the client for an extended period of time. The bug was most likely triggered when a user disconnected from the match and would affect a random user for a random amount of time. The problem was not dependent on client configuration in any way.

#56 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

View PostNeema Teymory, on 18 September 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:

Hey everyone,

Keep in mind this fix addressed a specific server side bug that resulted in the various "desync" symptoms people have been reporting. This issue was wide spread and was very likely affecting a large number of users. However keep in mind that this does not mean all occurrences of "desync" like symptoms will be resolved. These observable symptoms can be caused by a variety of conditions including your individual connection quality.

For those users that are still experiencing extreme desyncs feel free to send me a private message and we can try to diagnose your particular issue.

Other things that have been confirmed to cause desync-like symptoms are the usage of certain anti-virus software and third party firewalls.

For those curious about the more technical details: the bug caused the server to stop sending data to the client for an extended period of time. The bug was most likely triggered when a user disconnected from the match and would affect a random user for a random amount of time. The problem was not dependent on client configuration in any way.

Do you mind providing the details of the desyncing bug.
Some of us nerds like to know this stuff.. B)

#57 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:05 PM

A few teammates desynced in private lobbys doing 12 vs 12, I dont know if its happening only on private lobbys

#58 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

View PostDelas Ting Usee, on 18 September 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

Desyncs and rubberbanding still persists sadly

Have you run the repair tool?

#59 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:35 PM

Just a suggestion...

Is there a unique match ID number that could be displayed somewhere in-game, so that when we noticed weird things happening it can be reported for a specific match? Might make it easier for your support team to narrow things down a bit quicker. Maybe add it to the F9 overlay.

Or better yet, a "Contact Support" button on the in-game ESC menu that automatically sends all the relevant info with a user description of the problem.

#60 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:41 PM

I don't know about my teammates tonight, but before the hotfix, I had a desync in one out of every 5 or so games. I played probably 10 tonight and had none.

I think you guys may be onto something! Great job!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users