• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

Ok, so with Russ' latest statements regarding the player council and possibly handling other areas of the game before tackling ECM, I thought it might be a good idea to have a centralized thread for everyone to post what they would like PGI to look at making a priority.

So, please post features/mechanics you feel are important and think PGI should look at making a priority so that the council can bring them up to PGI. Please, no arguing about how player a's idea isn't as important as player b. I'll let this go for as long as it is constructive or until it devolves into circular arguments as which time I'll ask moderators to close and just collect the info given up to that point.

I'm hoping we can get a good cross section. I've posted similar threads in the mwo and outreach reddit. Once we've got a good section of suggestions I'll post a poll with the most wanted suggestions and then let all of us decide what issues the council should talk to PGI about beyond ECM. Please keep it constructive and lets get some ideas going!

No idea is "dumb" or "bad", we never know until we ask or talk to PGI about it right?

Me personally, I'd like to see the economy revamped for CW as one of the top priorities.

#2 Gerhardt Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

If they are going to redo ECM, maybe they should look into making Beagle Active Probe more interesting, too.

#3 Destructicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

We need to rework the heatscale for both sides and buff IS before nerfing clans
Ghostheat needs to be gone, and IS mechs need a buff before clan mechs get hit anymore.
The incoming IS quirk pass is nice, but IS lasers need a damage buff while heat gets reworked.
Clans need their heat toned down on the weaker weapons (small laser)
Blanket nerfs and buffs don't work
I remember the biggest reason for ghost heat was to dial down high alpha pinpoint fld
If this is true, why were ac2's effected?
When I think high alpha the last thing that comes to mind is ac2's and such
I think the one thing that people could really get behind is the removal of ghost heat and a revamping of heat scale in general.
Heat nerfs hurt underpowered builds more than the targeted problem builds and I'd like to think that's something we could all agree on.

Edited by Destructicus, 18 September 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:48 PM

New player experience
  • tutorials
  • starting assets
  • ability to tutor new players in a private match without the rookie needing premium time

#5 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

Keep em comin guys! I'd like to have a good solid week (if possible) of collecting this stuff and then put up a poll next weekend.

#6 Gerhardt Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

Also, more passes on invisible walls in maps.

#7 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 18 September 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

New player experience
  • tutorials
  • starting assets
  • ability to tutor new players in a private match without the rookie needing premium time

I second these (We have lots of tutorials done by PGI on the main page, but they need updating).

However, I think the sensor system needs some re-work.

LRM indirect fire should possibly receive some examination. Perhaps allowing them to work like artillery. Select a grid, and start bombarding?

Seeing the viability of 10 v 12

Fixing Artemis for SRMs, and SSRMs, and it's interaction with NARC. (SRMs should receive some homing abilities when fired on a NARC'd target)

Getting Artillery, and ArrowIV systems into the game.

Oh, and possibly give all mechs 2k and 4k texture packs.

I'd say that's it for me, I guess. I'm not gonna mention MASC for now since that one more network based, than asset based.

#8 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:57 PM

Artillery. Not neccessarily because it's game breaking, but because It fills me with seething, impotent rage, and as a selfish forum goer, I of course only want things fixed that affect me directly.

Audible warning if you're near the blast zone, please.

After that, hitbox fixes on maps. HPG in particular is very frustrating, especially in mechs with low slung weapons.

#9 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:58 PM

Pulse.

Lasers.

PULSE LASERS!

Posted Image

#10 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:02 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 18 September 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

Pulse.

Lasers.

PULSE LASERS!

Posted Image

anything in particular regarding them?
heat?
RoF?
damage?

#11 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:02 PM

Wild Idea Here

Preface: Personally, I feel MW:O is at a pretty close balance point at the moment compared to prior iterations of MW as well as prior versions of MW:O. What PGI has laid out as their next few areas of adjustment should (and maybe a small tweek to that ECM range were it can be spotted : ) Should bring the IS v Clan win rate pretty close to 50/50.

We're bringing the community back together all over MW:O.... a game. Why don't we advocate for a real role within the game itself?

Ask for Player Voting to determine planets to attack in role warfare

Each attack phase of the day would have a simple poll per faction of a selection of worlds to attack. Players have a window of time to vote on, then the battle begins as it has been outlined by the PGI team. Only players with faction allegiance would be able to vote in their related faction poll.

#12 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:04 PM

1. PPC velocity
2. Jump jet re-visit (over nerfed? )
3. ECM

#13 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:06 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 18 September 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

Artillery. Not neccessarily because it's game breaking, but because It fills me with seething, impotent rage, and as a selfish forum goer, I of course only want things fixed that affect me directly.

Audible warning if you're near the blast zone, please.

After that, hitbox fixes on maps. HPG in particular is very frustrating, especially in mechs with low slung weapons.

I understand your point of argument. However, there is no harm in exploring the idea.

Also, I would be willing to discuss this with you in PMs.

I would like this thread to be only suggestions, no debates.

View PostSandpit, on 18 September 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

No idea is "dumb" or "bad", we never know until we ask or talk to PGI about it right?

Me personally, I'd like to see the economy revamped for CW as one of the top priorities.

View PostE N E R G Y, on 18 September 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

2. Jump jet re-visit (over nerfed? )

I would love for JJs to get their lore strength (30 meters per JJ), and have them rocket us with possibly some, albeit limited, mid-air steering. Gives them strength, and makes poptarting with them possible, but does involve /some/ risk.

#14 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 18 September 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

only suggestions, no debates.

yes please, debating the issues will only make it more difficult to collect the data. This is purely to try and get ideas from the community on what the council should ask PGI regarding what the community really feels should be made a priority. :)

#15 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

Further Matchmaker tweaking.

Solo queue:
- Skill based brackets in solo queue - do not mix higher Elo players with lower. Quite frankly for a team player the solo queue is mostly unplayable atm
- Taking ECM into account when gathering teams, at least one ECM each side if possible

Group queue
- 12-man matchmaking. Even if there are other 12-mans in the queue we rarely meet them during practice times. I kind of appreciate the short wait time, but the matches are ridiculously boring stomps.
- Stacked teams should be avoided if tonnage is too high (ie. higher elo 2 heavy 3 assault + 1heavy 2 assault groups against let's say 8-man with elo penalties)

And gameplay wise - proper communication tools to call targets, command lances etc with relative ease. Not necessarily voice comms but a command wheel would be extremely helpful.

IS balance:

- Inner sphere ER PPC and PPC speed needs to be reversed or buffed. Atm IS ER PPC is totally useless because of the insane heat and effective range reduced to 500-600 meters.
- Flamers still trash
- Small laser still trash
- More quirks to mechs

Clan balance:

- More quirks to different chassis'
- Penalties for clan XL engines (not overkill plz, small penalties)

#16 Xmith

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 September 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

Ok, so with Russ' latest statements regarding the player council and possibly handling other areas of the game before tackling ECM, I thought it might be a good idea to have a centralized thread for everyone to post what they would like PGI to look at making a priority.

So, please post features/mechanics you feel are important and think PGI should look at making a priority so that the council can bring them up to PGI. Please, no arguing about how player a's idea isn't as important as player b. I'll let this go for as long as it is constructive or until it devolves into circular arguments as which time I'll ask moderators to close and just collect the info given up to that point.

I'm hoping we can get a good cross section. I've posted similar threads in the mwo and outreach reddit. Once we've got a good section of suggestions I'll post a poll with the most wanted suggestions and then let all of us decide what issues the council should talk to PGI about beyond ECM. Please keep it constructive and lets get some ideas going!

How about asking PGI want their priority is and go from there?

#17 Dolph Hoskins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 499 posts
  • LocationThe Machine

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 September 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

heat?
RoF?
damage?

I'd like to have the rate of all pulse lasers have a cooldown equal to 66% of their standard laser counterparts. For example a clan ER LL has a cooldown of 3.25 seconds, so make the C LPL have a cooldown of 2.15 seconds following the same trend for all other pulse lasers.

I put up a similar thread about it in the feedback section http://mwomercs.com/...eapon-identity/ that states the cause for the suggestion a little better.

Not a major priority, but pulse laser fans might like it.

Edited by The Ripper13, 18 September 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#18 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 September 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

heat?
RoF?
damage?

The answer to which is 'yes'.

I'd prefer an energy MG approach. If not, just rebalance all three factors into something worth the weight and space and heat.

#19 DeathjesterUK

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

I want PGI to take Community Warfare back to the drawing board. Its not gonna cut it with what they are suggesting right now. What they are making is basically a shallow overlay. If they crack open the mercenary handbooks from the Mechwarrior RPG, they will see a way to make community warfare something incredible:
  • Companies for both Houses and Mercenaries.
  • Company bank accounts separate from player accounts.
  • Company mech supply that needs to be maintained. Losing a mech means losing a mech.
  • Spare parts for mech repair.
  • Ammunition supplies
  • Purchase of Drop and Jumpships.
  • Research and development.

Make something deeper than an overlay PGI.

#20 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

If not ECM, then, in this order:
1: LRMs
2: Jumpjets
3: PPCs

(Map passes and those things are for their engineers to do.. there is not a discussion there. I cannot remember anyone saying "Keep the invisible walls.")

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users