Anyone Else Losing Xp By Leaving A Game After Death?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

Not sure if this is a one off, but I left a game after death, and when the Mech came back into the Mech Bay five minutes later the game updated but my XP totals did not rise. I know I did damage, so should have gotten something. Is this a known bug or do you need to stay in matches and spectate until the end?

#2 Shino Tenshi

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

I thought this happened to me previously too, but after posting about it and nobody else mentioning they had the problem, I thought it was just me forgetting to wait until the mech was out of the match to check to see if it had risen in XP.

I started noticing these problems after they included the Rejoin button and made a post stating if you rejoin after more than two minutes of being gone, you don't get any XP... which I think is fair, since after that amount of time, people are probably expecting you're gone and planning accordingly.

If there is a bug or "feature" that is causing players to not get XP because they leave the match and don't stick around for the remaining 10 minutes, then I think it's something that needs to get fixed.

#3 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

Yup, happens here. If I die, I click spectate, and then leave the game, get the points that way

#4 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 19 September 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

Not sure if this is a one off, but I left a game after death, and when the Mech came back into the Mech Bay five minutes later the game updated but my XP totals did not rise. I know I did damage, so should have gotten something. Is this a known bug or do you need to stay in matches and spectate until the end?

Doing damage is no guarantee that you'll get any XP, and you don't get any XP for events that occur after you disco...

So, you can damage all 12 enemies, die, and disco, and you won't get any Assist XP because you left the game before your teammates killed anyone.

#5 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 19 September 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

Doing damage is no guarantee that you'll get any XP, and you don't get any XP for events that occur after you disco...

So, you can damage all 12 enemies, die, and disco, and you won't get any Assist XP because you left the game before your teammates killed anyone.

Thanks for the tips. Demax, if I'm understanding you correctly, are you saying we have to watch each game until the end to get assist XP, meaning that we're stuck there if we want to get full benefit for our game? I guess it prevents farming, which is a good thing in the long run, but it also feels like I'm being held hostage otherwise.

#6 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:12 PM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 19 September 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

Thanks for the tips. Demax, if I'm understanding you correctly, are you saying we have to watch each game until the end to get assist XP, meaning that we're stuck there if we want to get full benefit for our game? I guess it prevents farming, which is a good thing in the long run, but it also feels like I'm being held hostage otherwise.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. You get c-bill and xp credit for everything that happens before you disco, but nothing after (unless you rejoin within 2 minutes).

Edited by DEMAX51, 19 September 2014 - 10:13 PM.

#7 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

I don't know about XP but I sure don't get a lot of C-bills anymore and I sometimes don't get any C-bills if I leave a match early.

#8 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:03 PM

They brought this in a long time ago, it was to curb all the farming. Not sure if it worked or not though, in the end it is always a good idea to watch the match. You could learn something useful you didn't know earlier about a `Mech or map, etc.

#9 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

Dark said (They brought this in a long time ago, it was to curb all the farming. Not sure if it worked or not though)

I forgot about that yaw that was when all the ****** pre-mades and sync droppers were allowed to **** all the new players for C-bills and brag about it .Now MWO is a shell hardly no new players just the same pre-made group wankers crying day in and day out about everything in MWO.

I think groups have been able to sync drop again in the solo MM queues that's why you don't hear more crying from them about it.

#10 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostPappySmurf, on 20 September 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

I think groups have been able to sync drop again in the solo MM queues that's why you don't hear more crying from them about it.

I posted a couple of screens showing as many as 6 with the same unit tag, not always on the same side, but clearly a sync drop.
Got warned about naming and shaming, and thread deleted, so......yes, its happening.

oh, they still cry....

#11 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

Guys lets keep it on topic.

So as mentioned earlier, easiest way to not lose XP or C-Bills is to just watch the complete match.

#12 stocky0904

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:14 PM

Dont panic! You wont lose them. After a while/after the next drop/refresh you will get them. I took a close look at it while mastering a mech.

#13 SemperDie

• PipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

Had this happen at least 3 times tonight. First time the game crashed (happening a lot lately). By the time I reconnected it was over. I had at least 3 kills that match, but my XP didn't seem to increase at all.

Second 2 times, I wrote down my XP before hand. Disconnect when we were down to our last 2 mechs. Got no XP for either of those matches. I should have had at least 500 with the double XP weekend, even in a loss.

#14 RazarG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationGrandside, Sydney

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:00 PM

Yep, lost a few matches worth of XP by quitting after death, so assuming Cbills are lost to. Even victories wouldn't count when doing the challenges.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users