In Search Of A Lance

7 replies to this topic

#1 Riverboat Sam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

Well, this might sound a bit odd, but I'm looking for a Lance.

I've looked into the the major clan sites. The Smoke Jaguars seem to be, well, jags from the way their website goes on and on about how into competetive they are. Jade Falcon doesn't seem to be very organized. Ghost Bear and Wolf seem the most organized and likely to join - but they want an application and then I have pass a test to be accepted and yada, yada, yada...

I'm an older guy and really just want to find a group of guys in my age bracket that want to form a lance just to drop one or two nights a week and work as a team. I read a post recently from a Legendary Founder who did this. He formed a lance with three buddies and they ran a very themed lance of Centurions. They even picked their load outs, colors, and everything based upon lore. To me that sounds like a blast.

Any advice on how I might go about finding like minded players? I'm not interested in being recruited into some big group.

#2 RiceCop

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

Just throwing it out there that we're not as big as some of the other units and have several players in the 40-60 age bracket. We have a lot of casual players, but also a competitive team. The competitive team is strictly optional and no one is ever forced to join in on competitive play or practice. We're smaller, but we're a much closer knit group because of it.

Edit: you can check us out at cncalpha.enjin.com and our teamspeak information is listed on the left side of most pages. There is no requirement that you need to join to come play with us or anything, and there is no "test" of any kind. We accept all skill levels- you can teach skill, not attitude.

Edited by RiceCop, 19 September 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#3 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

Atlas/Jager Pilot here. massively into lance & tactical malarky whilst having a laugh at the same time, UK based.
Royally fed up with trying to explain what I find to be simple concepts with pugs and cant be bothered with all the tryhard application, tryouts etc. garbage.

Will add you if you care to play dear fellow.

#4 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

If you want to be recruited, you should look in the respective forums. New player help is the wrong place for such a request.

I'm moving your thread to the clan forums, as it appears as if you want to still wave the clan banner, just don't want to be a part of the "big" units.

There is also this thread for you, if you do not want to be recruited but team up anyway:
http://mwomercs.com/...then-look-here/

Edited by Egomane, 19 September 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#5 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:21 PM

The application is really quite simple, and serves to keep trolls or other undesirables out. And the "test" is simply the trial of entry, it is not required to join, we have several members who are perfectly happy not ever taking it and dropping casually with us.
but it is not for everyone, we are quite lore focused

#6 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

You are welcome to check us out, we're on odd hours of the day (right now three of us are working varying versions of night shift). We are casual and will most likely stay that way unless NBT-MWO is able to get off the ground then we will see...
http://hpg.clanhellshorses.org will give you a good idea of what we are about (fairly unfiltered) we also do play other games and encourage anyone looking to join us to check them out also. As we all know when folks get burnt out of MW:O units usually fall apart, having backup games everyone enjoys helps with this.

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostEnlil09, on 19 September 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

Any advice on how I might go about finding like minded players? I'm not interested in being recruited into some big group.

Try your hand at one of the Stock Mech nights.

Play in the public TS's (like Strana Mechty, Comstar, NGNG, Mercstar etc) and you'll see plenty of people playing who can always use another....you'll end up gravitating to a particular group of players over time and thus your lance of friends is grown.

Or advertise here...plenty of competitive/casual units here like to have casual players hang with them (whether they apply or not).

#8 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:04 AM

http://www.diamondshiver.net/

Diamond Shark is a small and casual group. Just rebuilding after a longish hiatus.
Add Daisu Saikoro and Beavis Smith to your friends list (USA based).
If international based, add Scinata (based in Australia) to your friends list.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users