10 replies to this topic

#1 Ulvar

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:43 AM

Hello,

if i set the weapon groups on one of my mechs the CTF-3D or BNC-3S it works as intended.
But if i switch to the other mech and change weapon groups there (ether in mechlab, testing grounds or in game) the weapon groups of the first mech will reset.

I tried to delete weapongroups.xml but it does not help.

Can someone who owns this two mechs please confirm if he can reproduce this bug? There are more mechs which act like that but these two i figured out for sure. It's really annoying to set it up again every time i switch.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 20 September 2014 - 04:21 AM.

#2 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:31 AM

Old bug unfixed.

Apparently the game servers give each mech you buy a unique ID, that ID is used locally at your computer to identify weapon groups among your different mechs, but for some reason the game servers sometimes give you the same ID for 2 mechs you own so those two mechs (in your case CTF and BNC) delete each other's weapon groups. You can live with it, or sell one of the two and buy it back hoping the next ID is distinct.

You can also hope the bug is fixed sometime.

#3 Clydewinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:43 AM

BJ-Arrow and AWS-Pretty Baby have the same problem.

#4 Ulvar

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

I know it's an old bug but as it is not fixed until now i posted it here. for pgi to fix it, it would maybe good to know if these identical ids are the same on every account or if its really random.

so someone else is having this problem with
CTF-3D and BNC-3S
or
BJ-Arrow and AWS-Pretty Baby?

#5 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

I have this problem with my Jenner-F and my Misery. Right pain in the arse it is

#6 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:44 AM

Old unfixed bug.

It's not about the mech you use, it's about the ID assigned to the mech. Some times, 2 mechs get assigned the same ID. Don't ask me why and how. So they overwrite each other's weapon groups.

Some people have tried deleted some setting file. I forgot which, do a forum search. It has gotten mixed results

#7 Smith Gibson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:27 AM

There is no fix to this bug, most players have at least 2 'Mechs sharing Unique MechIDs but since most players have at least a few 'Mechs they keep but never pilot anymore, they don't notice they also have the bug. Sometimes with a new patch the game reassigns Unique MechIDs for all player's 'Mechs (i.e. all your weapon groups get reset) but the chance that 2 or more of your 'Mechs will get duplicate MechIDs is the same. They may be the same 'Mechs as last time, or they may be new 'Mechs. It's all random.

If you want you can send a support ticket to Support@mwomercs.com

They will ask for you to send them a copy of your omicrom.log file, your weapongroups.xml file, and if you have one, a copy of your user.cfg file (assuming you created one).

Either way, they won't actually do anything to fix it.

#8 Lt Badger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:01 AM

known bug

http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

there is a list of my mechs sharing IDs in the weapongroups file

i hope it will be changed at least... eventually....

#9 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:38 AM

It is the reason why I do not play the Oxide anymore, I end up with all weapons on group 1 only in EVERY single match whatever I do to save the weapon groups in an appropiate way. It sucks hard on my Dire Wolf when 2 ERLL + 2 Gauss in group 1 suddenly are in chain fire mode ..

#10 Ulvar

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

i dont know but it can't be too hard to fix that bug, they have a lot of feedback on it.

an official response from pgi telling that they are aware of it and at least trying to fix it would be nice.

#11 GoKuXo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

Same problem here, AS7-D-DC and NOVA-S

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users