99% Mwo Need To Get Closed Per Taskmanager

15 replies to this topic

#1 ZuxXes Marsh

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:51 AM

Like the title tells. 99% when i gotta close mwo, i have to use the taskmanager. mwo wont close on his on wich means, i got a black screen as long il do it on my own on the taskmanager(wich also takes some time cause he want 2 send a report ect.).
Also when i switch between clan mechs and sphere mechs my weapon group getting resets to weapon group 1 even when i saved them as a weapon group before.
I reinstl. mwo also but it dosnt helped on both probs.

Greetings n sorry for my bad english ;)
Keep up the good work.
ZuxXes

#2 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:28 AM

View PostZuxXes, on 20 September 2014 - 02:51 AM, said:

Like the title tells. 99% when i gotta close mwo, i have to use the taskmanager. mwo wont close on his on wich means, i got a black screen as long il do it on my own on the taskmanager(wich also takes some time cause he want 2 send a report ect.).
Also when i switch between clan mechs and sphere mechs my weapon group getting resets to weapon group 1 even when i saved them as a weapon group before.
I reinstl. mwo also but it dosnt helped on both probs.

Greetings n sorry for my bad english ;)
Keep up the good work.
ZuxXes

help us help you. list your system specs, you give no information help troubleshoot the problem, what other programs are you running?

#3 ZuxXes Marsh

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:45 AM

Intel® Core™ i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Ram: 8,00 GB
Grafik: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Windows 7 Home Premium

Happens also when i got no other programms running.
Most people i ask dun got that problem, but theres a small group of people that got the same problem.

Edited by ZuxXes, 20 September 2014 - 08:05 AM.

#4 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:38 AM

I get this too but personally I think it is a timing issue. I count to 10 before clicking the final confirmation dialogue and the game does not hang on exit. If I click through the dialogues fast it hangs. Slow down and see if that helps.

#5 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

Definately a memory leak going on here.
The longer I have my game up the chances that the game will freeze on exit, and I have to use Task manager to close it, goes up.

Anytime I have the game running for more than an hour, I have to manually close the game through TM.

#6 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

This has occurred in the game since forever (at least as far back as Open Beta)... the only difference is that the 4fps bug made people restart MWO often so it was never as obvious.

In the omicron.log file, whenever this occurs (or doesn't), there's always a "[Error] Runaway thread" listed in it... so there's gotta be some sort of hanging thread caused by a memory leak of some form.

It's sadly normal for this game.

#7 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:42 PM

Deathlike is correct this has been going on for quite sometime.

As one poster mentioned how fast are you trying to exit the game? Once you are out of a match give it five seconds then logout once that part is done give it another five and then exit and see if that helps. Your system is fairly good, but as with everything there is always a gremlin in the cover of darkness looking to get out.

#8 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

Greetings all,

Just a question,

Are you running the game as an administrator or user?
- Having all your weapons groups reassigned to default sounds like the program does not have authorization to make changes to the base settings.
(within your user folder are the settings for all the weapons grouping's that you make, if you only playing as a 'user' it may not have authority to change these files.)

9erRed

#9 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:07 AM

I don't bother trying to close the game the "proper" way. I just close it with task manager now. It almost always needs to be closed with task manager and it takes too many clicks to close the game properly.

#10 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostDeathlyEyes, on 21 September 2014 - 07:07 AM, said:

I don't bother trying to close the game the "proper" way. I just close it with task manager now. It almost always needs to be closed with task manager and it takes too many clicks to close the game properly.

Alt+F4

#11 Smith Gibson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:45 AM

I don't have a solution for the game not closing properly, but the Weapon Groups being reset is most likely a duplicate assigned Unique MechID for at least 2 of your 'Mechs.

Play the same problem 'Mech two games in a row. If your Weapon Groups still get reset the second time then something is blocking your game from writing to the weapongroups.xml file. If the Weapon Groups don't get reset, now play the 'Mech you most commonly switch to when you are waiting for the other 'Mech to become available for two games in a row. If the Weapon Groups get reset for the first match, but not the second, then you have a shared "Unique" MechID for those two 'Mechs.

If you have a shared Unique MechID then you are out of luck. There is no fix for this. welcome to the headache I have been suffering for six months. I have 12 'Mechs with duplicate 'MechIDs and no amount of emails to support@mwomercs.com have done anything except get my tickets insta-closed as PGI believes knowing about the problem is just as good as fixing it, so nothing more needs to be done.

#12 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

View Post9erRed, on 20 September 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

Greetings all,

Just a question,

Are you running the game as an administrator or user?
- Having all your weapons groups reassigned to default sounds like the program does not have authorization to make changes to the base settings.
(within your user folder are the settings for all the weapons grouping's that you make, if you only playing as a 'user' it may not have authority to change these files.)

9erRed

9erRed has a strong point here... and this tends to be an issue on Win7 only... maybe even Win8. I've got Win7x64... I tend to run all my regularly used programs (games and apps) through "Compatibility Mode" in the executable properties with it set to "Run as Administrator" cause don't ask me why... but it works without issue. If I don't... I tend to have issues with weapon groups, control configurations, etc. Right-click on your .exe file (or shortcut), select Compatibility tab, select "Run as Administrator" and click Apply. Done... run your game and get your Mech on :D (otherwise... this game isn't optimized, so expect high CPU-GPU usage during spots in the game it shouldn't... make sure you have proper cooling in your PC too!)

#13 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:09 PM

Greetings all,

If this is a problem with 'the system not authorized to make changes' for the user.
(folder being 'Read only')
- Check this by opening the MechWarrior Online folder,
- right click on the 'user' folder and check the tab 'security'
- click through the various group or user names in the top window,
- check the permissions in the lower window.

You should have about 4 listings in the top window,
1. Authenticated Users,
2. SYSTEM,
3. Administrators ("your user name"\Administrators)
4. Users ("your user name"\Users)
- Each one should have the 'modify' row checked off for 'allow', with 2/3/4 set to full control also.
- if there is a problem with no authorization set it can be changed with the top 'edit' button.
(but normally you have to be logged in as an admin for this.)

Check that and see if it is your problem.

~ as a note here: the Mech 'id's' have changed within the xml files for weapons groupings. There numbering values have gone from the original 4, 5, 6, and 7 number group to a larger 15 number group id. (the older Mech's still list the small values but newer Mech's are assigned the 15 # value's.)
~ It would require the Dev.'s to access your user profile, copy your owned Mech's id values and create an XML file without the weapons groups. (wiping out all your settings, again.) send this small file to you to place in your game files, overwriting the 'broken' one there now. That would assign the correct id values to your Mech's and lock any new groupings as you set them.
(too bad we don't actually have a listing of these id's to match the Mech's)

Just some info,
9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 22 September 2014 - 09:09 PM.

#14 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:02 PM

It is fine for me when I exit during a game. So when I don't want to hassle with task manager after closing the game, I start testing grounds and then exit game with no aftermath ..

#15 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:12 PM

it could always be an errant task in the background causing the issue. I know i had this problem quite sometime ago and cant remember how i solved it, a few in my Clan did also. There should be an easier way than alt-f4

#16 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:42 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 21 September 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

Alt+F4

It can hang also using ALT-F4, which is what I do normally because the dumb 4 clicks required in order to exit...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users