Bug Report

9 replies to this topic

#1 Garuss Acine

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:58 AM

Do not know how many others have been seeing this, but was just had my Adder mauled in a pub match by a friendly. Shockingly enough in error.

Seems that the FOF didn't light up for the Cent pilot as he punched holes up and down my ride.
Had saw something else like this a few before as well, but dismissed it to annoyed heavy chasing after a tormenting light mech, but seems there may be a bug.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 22 September 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#2 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostGaruss Acine, on 20 September 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

... but seems there may be a bug.

There is. It's been around for a while now.
Sometimes the HUD-markers for teammates (the blue/cyan triangles) don't show up, giving the impression you're seeing an enemy under ECM-cover. There's been several threads about it and the devs should be aware of it.

#3 DeusOverKill

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

it just happened to me and a friendly catapult; i was sniping from distance with my raven3L and 4x zoom (so i dont usually wait for the red marker to pop up), and the poor guy started insulting me as i was shooting him without knowing he was in fact friendly (because no blue marker on his mech).

IM SORRY CATAPULT, I DIDNT MEAN IT !! :(

#4 surgetank

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:46 PM

Just had that same bug in manifold map where the player had no blue tag and i ended up shooting him until he complained on what i was doing,,, this bug needs sorting out

#5 Darth Hotz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim of Berlin

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:08 AM

This bug is there since the beginning of the game. FIX IT!!!

#6 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hope the devs realize this isn't just about the IFF bug and that it allows other problems in gameplay. Ought to be high priority.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostGaruss Acine, on 20 September 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

Do not know how many others have been seeing this, but was just had my Adder mauled in a pub match by a friendly. Shockingly enough in error.

Seems that the FOF didn't light up for the Cent pilot as he punched holes up and down my ride.
Had saw something else like this a few before as well, but dismissed it to annoyed heavy chasing after a tormenting light mech, but seems there may be a bug.

This is referred to as the "IFF" bug.

#8 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:09 PM

Some of us may remember ECM causing you to shoot allies, due to ECM stopping the IFF symbol from showing. Now you just see the bars and know there is ECM around. The red team always has it's IFF blocked or when they are too far away to get targeting data.

One way is to have similar paint jobs with teams.

When not in a team, but drop and notice the shadowhawk in your lance does not have an IFF do a call in team chat to see if anyone else has an IFF on him before you make contact.

I know some people are just gearing to shoot something that does not have a blue symbol. The first time I saw this bug I legged an ember in one alpha. That was when I found out about the IFF bug. Why did I not shoot him? He had AMS that fired with mine at some missiles. It is the little things you look at to identify friend or foe. Since then I have seen it quite a few times with the normal complaints: xxxxx(dead) zzzzzzzzz you TKed me!

#9 Ken Burkhart

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

I have seen this bug several times myself. I have been told though that it is only for the one person and that the rest of the team sees the player normally with the blue indicators. I remember once where the bug went away on its own though I could be mistaken(as in not remembering right since it has been awhile).

#10 whitelightshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:14 AM

I have seen this bug a lot recently had three non tags in one game.

That is not so much the problem as having a enemy mech walk right past you and only after hitting it with laser fire did it show a empty triangle not even the Tag worked on it. There was no ECM, nothing to interfere with the signal and 60 meters is close enough for it to be detected without any problems, but it wasn't.

This I have recently encountered a lot. Don't know if it is a bug but just feels like its worth mentioning.

Edited by whitelightshadow, 23 September 2014 - 04:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users