Omni Invasion, New Clan Omni Mech Variants / Pods!

26 replies to this topic

Poll: Clan Invasion Wave 1, New Clan Omni Mech Variants! (104 member(s) have cast votes)

which if any, would you endorse?

1. KFX-G, (51 votes [10.30%])

Percentage of vote: 10.30%

2. ADR-E, (49 votes [9.90%])

Percentage of vote: 9.90%

3. NVA-G,(NEW) (58 votes [11.72%])

Percentage of vote: 11.72%

4. SCR-E, (34 votes [6.87%])

Percentage of vote: 6.87%

5. SMN-F, (60 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

6. TBR-E,(NEW) (53 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

7. WHK-D & F,(NEW) (48 votes [9.70%])

Percentage of vote: 9.70%

8. DWF-C, (43 votes [8.69%])

Percentage of vote: 8.69%

9. MDD-D, (24 votes [4.85%])

Percentage of vote: 4.85%

10. MLX-E, (17 votes [3.43%])

Percentage of vote: 3.43%

11. IFR-B, (21 votes [4.24%])

Percentage of vote: 4.24%

12. HBR-F, (14 votes [2.83%])

Percentage of vote: 2.83%

13. GAR-E, (18 votes [3.64%])

Percentage of vote: 3.64%

14. None, (5 votes [1.01%])

Percentage of vote: 1.01%

would you perfer Whole Variants, or just Omni-Pods?

1. Whole Variants, Omni-Pods and All, (50 votes [52.08%])

Percentage of vote: 52.08%

2. just Omni-Pods, only CT if they are Unique, (46 votes [47.92%])

Percentage of vote: 47.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:44 PM

hello everyone,
i was going through currently unreleased variants of current Clan Omni-Mechs,
and decided to compile this list of those Variants, as so others could comment,

here is the list,
starting from light, moving to Medium, then to Heavy, and finally Assault,
i will also give reasons i feel these variants should be added & how they matter,
please note some of these Variants don't become available until 3050-3054,
for all those worried about timelines, the TimberWolf-S comes out in 3052,
so all these should fit with in the timeline or just barely outside it,

-Clan wave 1-
KitFox
G Variant(3054)
HD-.................................................................................................................
CT-.................................................................................................................
RT- 1M..........................................1LRM10, LRM-Ammo................................0
LT- 1M...........................................1LRM10, LRM-Ammo................................0
RA- 2E..........................................1ER-LL, 1ER-ML.......................................
LA- 1ECM......................................1ECM-System,..........................................0
RL-..................................................................................................................
LL-..................................................................................................................
i feel the KFX-G could really aid in Missile based builds as both Side-Torsos have Missile hard-points,
as they would Aid most Missile builds, as where the LA ECM would free up the RA for high mounted Gauss,

Adder
E Variant(3060)
HD- ...............................................................................................................
CT- 1Flamer..................................1Flamer....................................................
RT- 2E..........................................2Mirco-PL..................................................0
LT- 2E...........................................2Mirco-PL..................................................0
RA- 1M.........................................1ATM9, ATM-Ammo...................................
LA- 1M..........................................1ATM9, ATM-Ammo...................................
RL-..................................................................................................................
LL-...................................................................................................................
the benefit of this bound would be both Side-torsos as it would aid in Adder Energy Builds,
this would allow for a person to equip 2 more energy for a 6-7Energy, or for 2Missile/4Energy builds,

Nova
K Variant(3053)(looking for Source)
HD- 1ECM....................................1ECM,.......................................................0
CT- 1M.........................................1S-SRM4,..................................................0
RT- 1JJ 1M...................................1S-SRM4, S-SRM-Ammo...........................0
LT- 1JJ 1M....................................1S-SRM4, S-SRM-Ammo...........................0
RA- 6B..........................................6MG, 2MG-Ammo.....................................0
LA- 6B..........................................6MG, 2MG-Ammo......................................0
RL-................................................................................................................
LL-................................................................................................................
Found this Build in MW3 listed under Nova-K(looking for Cannon Source),
it has an odd 1M(CT-Torso), 2M(SideTorsos), 12B(Arms) as well as an ECM(Head),
giving it a an interesting Role as a Point Blank Stealth Jump Brawler,

StormCrow
E Variant(3054)
HD-...............................................C-AP.........................................................
CT-................................................................................................................
RT- 2E..........................................2ER-SL....................................................0
LT- 2E...........................................2ER-SL....................................................0
RA- 1E 1M....................................1ER-ML, 1ATM9, ATM-Ammo...................0
LA- 1E 1M.....................................1ER-ML, 1ATM9, ATM-Ammo...................0
RL-.................................................................................................................
LL-..................................................................................................................
this i feel would boost the SCR short range game, as well as move options to how players can play it,
the RT&LT 2Energy hard-points could allow for a more MediumLasers to help balance its LRM Boat builds,

Summoner
F Variant(3054)
HD-................................................................................................................
CT-.................................................................................................................
RT- 1E ........................................1ER-ML,....................................................0
LT- 1M ........................................1LRM10, LRM-Ammo................................
RA- 1E 1B....................................1ER-ML, 1Ultra-AC5, Ultra-AC5-Ammo......0
LA- 1E 1B.....................................1ER-ML, 1Ultra-AC5, Ultra-AC5-Ammo......0
whats to say it feels like the SMN needs more options, and i feel this Variant will give it just that,
the RT 1 energy hard-point would allow for more customizations, and the RA&LA more Ballistics fun,

TimberWolf
E Variant(3054)
HD-.................................................................................................................
CT- 1E..........................................1Tag,.........................................................
RT- 1M.........................................1ATM9, ATM-Ammo...................................
LT- 1M..........................................1ATM9, ATM-Ammo...................................0
RA- 1E..........................................1ER-LL......................................................
LA- 1E..........................................1ER-LL......................................................
what do you get the TBR Pilot that has Everything, not much as most Timbers already have Everything,
i chose this variant because it uses a new Missile Type and doesnt have too many hard-points,

WarHawk
D Variant(3054)
CT- 1E...........................................1ER-SL,...................................................0
RT- 2E...........................................2ER-LL,...................................................0
LT-.................................................................................................................
RA- 1M .........................................1ATM9, ATM-Ammo.................................0
LA- 1B ..........................................1Ultra-AC10, Ultra-AC10-Ammo...............0
RL-.................................................................................................................
the WHK arms are amazing and offer great flexibility, its RT not so much, 1ASM<1M<2M, what about 2E?
i feel the RT 2 Energy hard-points as well as the CT 1E will allow for better Energy builds on the WHK,

WarHawk
F Variant(3054)
CT- 1E...........................................LRM10, LRM-Ammo,................................0
RT- 2E...........................................1Ultra-AC2, TC1, ....................................0
LT-.................................................................................................................
RA- 1E 1M .....................................1ER-PPC, LRM20, LRM-Ammo..............0
LA- 1E ..........................................1ER-PPC, Ultra-AC2-Ammo,....................0
the WHK arms are amazing and offer great flexibility, its RT not so much, 1ASM<1M<2M, what about 1B?
i feel the RT 1Balistic hard-point will allow for better Ballistic builds on the WHK Frame,

DireWolf
C Variant(3054)
HD- 1M.........................................1SRM,,........................................................0
CT- 1ECM....................................1ECM, SRM-Ammo,.....................................0
RT- 1E .........................................1M-PL, 1TargetingComputer........................0
LT- 3E...........................................3M-PL,........................................................0
RA- 1E 1M....................................1ER-PPC, 1ATM6, ATM-Ammo...................0
LA-1E 1M.....................................1ER-PPC, 1ATM6, ATM-Ammo....................0
RL- ..................................................................................................................
LL- ...................................................................................................................
i chose this variant because i feel it would help pilots to move away, from the AC20X4 and ERLLX8 builds,
this Variant gives DWF's lots of Missile hard-points, allowing some more diverse Missile builds,

-Bonus-
MadDog
D Variant(3054)
CT- 2E..........................................2ER-ML.....................................................0
RT- 1M.........................................1ATM12, ATM-Ammo..................................
LT- 1M..........................................1ATM12, ATM-Ammo..................................
RA- 2E..........................................1ER-ML, 1ER-SL.......................................
LA- 3E...........................................1ER-ML, 2ER-SL.......................................0
RL- ..................................................................................................................
LL- ...................................................................................................................
i chose this variant because i feel it would help pilots move away from streight LRM builds,
this Variant gives MDD's more Energy hard-points, allowing some more diverse Energy builds,
(D-LA 3E give it a good mix with the B-RA 3E, all wail the D-CT 2E give it good Zombie builds)

-Wave 2-
MistLynx
E Variant(3054)
HD-...............................................C-AP...........................................................
CT-..................................................................................................................
RT- .................................................................................................................
LT- ..................................................................................................................
RA- 4E..........................................4ER-SL......................................................0
LA- 1M..........................................1ATM6, ATM-Ammo....................................0
LL-...................................................................................................................
i chose this variant because i feel it would help give the MistLynx with its RA Energy builds,
this Variant gives the MLX more Energy hard-points, allowing some more diverse Energy builds,

Ice Ferret
B Variant(2948)
HD-..................................................................................................................
CT- 1E..........................................1SPL..........................................................
RT- .................................................................................................................
LT- ..................................................................................................................
RA- 1M ........................................1SRM-6, SRM-Ammo,.................................0
LA- 1E 1M....................................1ER-LL, 1SRM-6, SRM-Ammo,...................0
i chose this variant because i feel it would help give the Ice Ferret much needed hard-points,
this Variant gives the IFR more Energy/Missile hard-points, allowing some more E/M mixed builds,

HellBringer
F Variant(3054)
HD-................................................................................................................
RT- 1E 1M....................................1ER-ML, 1SRM-6, SRM-Ammo..................0
LT- 1E .........................................1ER-ML,.....................................................
RA- 1E 1B....................................1ATM12, ATM-Ammo..................................0
LA- 1E 1B.....................................1ER-ML, 1Lb-10X-AC, LB-10X-Ammo........0
i chose this variant because i feel it would help HellBringers with mixed Energy/Ballistic builds,
this Variant gives the HBR more Arm Energy/Ballistic hard-points, allowing some more mixed builds,
this along with the RTs 1Energy & 1Missile hardpoint could also help with build diversity,

Gargoyle
E Variant(3060)
CT-..............................................1TargetingComputer,.................................
RT- 2E.........................................2ER-Mirco-L..............................................0
LT- 2E 1M....................................2H-ML, 1SRM-6,........................................0
RA- 6E.........................................6ER-ML, SRM-Ammo,................................0
LA- 2E..........................................2H-ML, SRM-Ammo,..................................0
LL-.................................................................................................................
i chose this GAR variant because i felt would help with much needed Side-Torso Points,
this Variant gives the GAR more Energy hard-points, allowing some more diverse Energy builds,

i took into consideration other already released variants, as well as the timeline, not going past 3060,
as it wouldn't make much sense to release a variant that was too similar to an already released Variant,
i chose all of these because ether they allowed for greater flexibility, or a wider Mech use,

on account of balance, Quirks could be added to balance strong multi-hard-point Omni-Pods,
on account of time, PGI is working on CW, so these ideas if adopted would be after Dec-2014,
on account of Lore, there is a good Chance PGI will Time-jump to 3055+, most likely next year,

due to (the Clan reinforcements release) i have changed some of the Variants,
KFX-C, ADR-B, TBR-D, IFR-D, GAR-C, have been replaced with other Variants,

A-pods may not be used as with the up and coming Ice Ferret,
they removed them and added more armor in their place,

what are your thoughts & comments about these Omni-Mech variants?
thank you,

(*looking for Source)

for my InterShpere topic see, Weapon Invasion!

Edit- Added explanation on my choices,
Edit2- Added variant default equipment,
Edit3- Variant corrections and bonuses,
Edit4- A-pod equipment comments,
Edit5- Question? Variant or Omni-pods,
Edit6- DWF-S replaced by DWF-C,
Edit7- TBR-A replaced by TBR-D,
Edit8- second Question refinement,
Edit9- new MDD/IFR/MLX(Koshi) Added,
Edit10- New Gargoyle/HellBringer added,
Edit11- Clan reinforcements released,
Edit12- Clan reinforcements2 released,

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 24 December 2015 - 07:21 PM.

#2 Draykin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

Dire Wolf S. Ha. Haha. Hahaha. Hahahaha. Hahahahahaha. .....please no. A 100 tonner with jump jets is do not want for several reasons.

#3 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

Note:
I assumed that your location data was correct. I only have sarna to look at, so I can't tell where a weapon is.

Kitfox C:
I voted "yes" though I do not actually want this mech to be added in full, since there are an A-PODS, the mech can't be done correctly.
Would not mind seeing the left arm added, with some negative quirk drawbacks like 10% slower energy cooldown (otherwise it would totally out-do the current 2E option with no drawback)

Adder B:
Yes. Couldn't hurt. Another ballistic option would help this mech, and it needs it.

Nova C:
Yes. I only see one missile launcher listed on sarna, not 2.
In any case, this is not going to change what the best builds are (12 smalls or 6 med 6 small, or 8 meds) so i see no reason to avoid the diversity.

Stormcrow E:
No. Those are some impressive harpoints. Too impressive. The S-Crow does not need any buffs.

Summoner F:
Yes. The summoner needs torso mounted energy weapons badly IMO. It has low free tonnage and 14 fixed HS, which caters to energy builds, yet it can only mount energy weapons in its fragile arms.

Timberwolf A:
No. By combining omnipods, you could mount 9 lasers. Excessive IMO.

Warhawk D:
Yes! The warhawk has 20 fixed heat sinks, and only 5 energy slots max. It needs something like this.
I do feel that the CT should come with the same negative handling quirks as the B (missile) CT.
And the RT should come with -10% fire rate for energy weapons, just like the RT with 2 missile slots has -10% for missiles. Keep it from being OP.
Edit: Your post says it has an A-POD in the leg? How? Doesn't it have a fixed heat sink there?

Direwolf S:
No. Too OP.

Edited by Fire and Salt, 20 September 2014 - 05:55 PM.

#4 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

View PostDraykin, on 20 September 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

Dire Wolf S. Ha. Haha. Hahaha. Hahahaha. Hahahahahaha. .....please no. A 100 tonner with jump jets is do not want for several reasons.

ya, now for the sad part, 4JJ on 100Ton Omni-Mech= 10 feet of lift, lol,.....

View PostFire and Salt, on 20 September 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

Note:
I assumed that your location data was correct. I only have sarna to look at, so I can't tell where a weapon is.

Kitfox C:
I voted "yes" though I do not actually want this mech to be added in full, since there are an A-PODS, the mech can't be done correctly.
Would not mind seeing the left arm added, with some negative quirk drawbacks like 10% slower energy cooldown (otherwise it would totally out-do the current 2E option with no drawback)

Adder B:
Yes. Couldn't hurt. Another ballistic option would help this mech, and it needs it.

Nova C:
Yes. I only see one missile launcher listed on sarna, not 2.
In any case, this is not going to change what the best builds are (12 smalls or 6 med 6 small, or 8 meds) so i see no reason to avoid the diversity.

Stormcrow E:
No. Those are some impressive harpoints. Too impressive. The S-Crow does not need any buffs.

Summoner F:
Yes. The summoner needs torso mounted energy weapons badly IMO. It has low free tonnage and 14 fixed HS, which caters to energy builds, yet it can only mount energy weapons in its fragile arms.

Timberwolf A:
No. By combining omnipods, you could mount 9 lasers. Excessive IMO.

Warhawk D:
Yes! The warhawk has 20 fixed heat sinks, and only 5 energy slots max. It needs something like this.
I do feel that the CT should come with the same negative handling quirks as the B (missile) CT.
And the RT should come with -10% fire rate for energy weapons, just like the RT with 2 missile slots has -10% for missiles. Keep it from being OP.
Edit: Your post says it has an A-POD in the leg? How? Doesn't it have a fixed heat sink there?

Direwolf S:
No. Too OP.

the idea for all these mechs where to add anther variant, some may seem Powerful,
but in their stock forms would still be mostly balanced to the whole,(ex TBR-A, ER-PPC build)

all have potential to be OP, but with the current Clan-Energy-Heat, i feel crazy builds may not be used often,
AC's are too heavy to use multiples on lesser Omni's, & large numbers of Energies, with heat its balanced,

having a 9-Laser on a TimberWolf could be OP, but the Heat from the Lasers i feel would balance it,
runs up and alphas(shuts down), hoping the alpha-ed opponent is dead, if hes not he is shortly after,

the A-Pods, ya have no idea on account of those,
(WHK A-Pod was misplaced by me, sorry, since fixed)

Edit- Spelling,

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 20 September 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#5 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:38 PM

It doesn't matter if the variant is balanced on its own...

what matters is what happens when you combine it with the existing options.

This is why I voted no on the Stormcrow, Timberwolf, and Direwolf. No coincidence that those are the most powerful clan mechs already.

#6 gilliam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

We don't need entirely new variants with the whole quite of pods.

The kitfox C is only the one arm because you can make the variant with the rest of the available pods, so making a whole set of pods would just end up being redundant with the pods sharing most of the same hardpoints as pods that already exist.

Here is a reference document I came up with to show what pods you can use to make all the canon variants.
https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

As you should be able to see from that, most of the canon configurations can be made with the pods out there, though some of the weapons and equipment may need to be put in a different spot from canon. What's more there is already a decent amount of variety which is expanded just as much by individual parts as entire variants, and at the same time there's already some overlap that would be made worse by entire variants. There are a few loadouts that CAN'T be made at all which are indicated in red, but for those of you not looking at the list the variants using 3050 equipment that can't be made are:
-Kit Fox G (depending on the pods you use you would either be short a missile or a laser or lack ECM, also the G has the missile launchers in the torso)
-Nova C and D (none of the variants available have missile launchers)
-Stormcrow B (this variant has 6 lasers, the maximum energy hardpoints you can get on a stromcrow is 5 if you still want that autocannon)
Summoner F (short 1 energy hardpoint as well
Dire Wolf S (no pods with jump jet hardpoint)

Given this I suggest the following parts:
Kit Fox G Right and Left torsos (1 missile each)
Nova C Left Torso (1 missile)
Nova D Right Arm (1 missile) [though you could get away with just the C torso and have the launcher in a non canon spot]
Summoner F Right torso (1 energy), Right and left arms (1 energy, 1 ballistic each)

A stormcrow B would presumably require a right arm with 6 energy hardpoints. That's scary as hell so I'd just as soon have an arm pod with 1 ballistic 1 energy, so you can have the 1 autocannon with 6 lasers rather than an arm that could let you make an 11 laser beast, it would also spread the grouping a bit.

As for the Dire Wolf S, I am not sure I want to see it jumping. Besides that, it would require a new center torso which DOES mean whole new variant.

On a side note, I hope they give us a Mad Dog C right arm that we can pair with A left arm for that dual gauss goodness.

Edited by gilliam, 20 September 2014 - 09:18 PM.

#7 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:55 PM

i know that its possible to technically make other Variants with the Omni-pods we have now,
but that's not what this is about, its about giving Omni options to have more flexibility with mechs

i feel having a KitFox with 4 Machine guns and 2 ER LL's would be awesome,
since it cant compete with the Speed of IS Lights at least it would have Firepower,

or having an Adder with 2 AC5's peppering an enemy, distracting them for their team,

a Nova with LRM or SRM's so they can have a weapon that doesnt generate loads of heat on click,

a StormCrow that maybe wants to run 10 ER ML build instead of a Missile boat,

a Summoner, that can hunker-down, and send a blaze to actually push an enemy back a bit,

a TimberWolf, that can sponsor 3ER SM, 3ER ML, 3ER LL, and LRMS, balance is good too right,

a WarHawk that can run a full energy build, and compete with beam boats and be fun to play,

a DireWolf that can hold 4.5 Missiles types, to be that long range Missile Boat that it can be,

this topic is about giving more options to mechs, yes some options when used together may be broken,
however on the other side of this it simple quirks can easily be added to balance a lot of these problems,

running a RT/LT pod with 2/3 energy hard-points, may have a -10/15 penalty to laser recharge quirk,
adding both sides your looking at -20/30 with arm recharge, thats -40/50 to recharge, double time,

Edit- Changed DWF-S replaced with DWF-C,

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 24 September 2014 - 02:15 PM.

#8 gilliam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

But again, adding an ENTIRE mech doesn't do anything adding individual pods would. Sure a Kitfox C left arm could be useful for adding more hardpoints, but the torsos the arms, and the head add NOTHING that isn't already available in the Prime and D variants, and the center torso that defines the chassis isn't any different either.

I agree the nova could use missile options, again, though, adding the entire variant doesn't get you much, while just the one pod specific to the C and one pod specific to the D gives you 2 missile hardpoints.

As far as the rest of the suggestions go, again adding ATM variants is likely out of the question entirely since those weapons don't exist yet, and you're right, the Timberwolf does have everything as far as canon loadouts go, the only thing you could possibly add is pods for non-canon loadouts.

#9 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

View Postgilliam, on 20 September 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

But again, adding an ENTIRE mech doesn't do anything adding individual pods would. Sure a Kitfox C left arm could be useful for adding more hardpoints, but the torsos the arms, and the head add NOTHING that isn't already available in the Prime and D variants, and the center torso that defines the chassis isn't any different either.

I agree the nova could use missile options, again, though, adding the entire variant doesn't get you much, while just the one pod specific to the C and one pod specific to the D gives you 2 missile hardpoints.

As far as the rest of the suggestions go, again adding ATM variants is likely out of the question entirely since those weapons don't exist yet, and you're right, the Timberwolf does have everything as far as canon loadouts go, the only thing you could possibly add is pods for non-canon loadouts.

yes they could just add those Omni-pods, and yes that would be fine,
but whether they add Just the Omni's or the entire Variant is PGI's choice

however having another variant to master and have fun with, would be cool as well,
i understand why not just add the omni-pods but why not just add the whole variant?

there are other mechs which have variants that are similar, and host similar builds,
for example the VND-1R and the VND-1AA, the main difference between the two?
the VND-1AA has 1 less right arm Energy hard-point, and 2 more jump-jets,
so should the VND-1AA be purged as a mech because its too like the R1?

the Nova with the RT&LT missile packs, i feel would help balance beam builds,

i know the ATM isn't available at this time, this is an after CW Topic,
future of MWO Feature ideas and thoughts topic, for post Dec-2014,

Edit- Spelling,

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 21 September 2014 - 03:15 PM.

#10 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

i feel that ether as Pods or full variants, these options will help with more Omni Mech Freedom
(without changing Omni-Mech rules from their current state)

Edit-Spelling

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 21 September 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#11 gilliam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:25 AM

Well IS mechs with similar variants do at least have a purpose because they are still slightly different. When it comes to clan omnimechs, one chassis is as good as another, since most of the center torsos don't even have hardpoints and you can swap the pods at will. They have 3 chassis since that's what you need for mastery; a 4th chassis doesn't get you much in that case.

Hence, no new full variants are needed, but more individual pods would be great
(though I suppose they could let you purchase a full canon variant from the shop and have it come with whatever pods are needed for that loadout, so for instance I could buy an adder B which would come with Adder A head, torsos, and legs, and Adder D arms)

#12 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

View Postgilliam, on 22 September 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

Well IS mechs with similar variants do at least have a purpose because they are still slightly different. When it comes to clan omnimechs, one chassis is as good as another, since most of the center torsos don't even have hardpoints and you can swap the pods at will. They have 3 chassis since that's what you need for mastery; a 4th chassis doesn't get you much in that case.

Hence, no new full variants are needed, but more individual pods would be great
(though I suppose they could let you purchase a full canon variant from the shop and have it come with whatever pods are needed for that loadout, so for instance I could buy an adder B which would come with Adder A head, torsos, and legs, and Adder D arms)

i think that would be awesome, if you could just buy the CT of Omni-Mechs,
as it would be another Variant, but have no HD, RT, LT, RA, LA, RL, LL,(striped),

Edit- Explanation

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 22 September 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#13 Ancient Demise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 189 posts
  • LocationMechWarrior: Living Legends

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

I would rather have a Summoner-G any day, and I do not even own a Summoner.
The omni pods could really benefit some of those mechs that currently lack many hardpoints. For a balanced mech like the Timber Wolf it is harder to find a reason to add any pods, but if the rest of the mechs get more options...
The A-pod problem is hardly a problem as they are about to add the Hellbringer (prime has 4 of them)
And the Dire Wolf jump jets would need to be removable lol. Death to hover-jets.

Edited by Ancient Demise, 25 September 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#14 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostAncient Demise, on 25 September 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

I would rather have a Summoner-G any day, and I do not even own a Summoner.
The omni pods could really benefit some of those mechs that currently lack many hardpoints. For a balanced mech like the Timber Wolf it is harder to find a reason to add any pods, but if the rest of the mechs get more options...
The A-pod problem is hardly a problem as they are about to add the Hellbringer (prime has 4 of them)
And the Dire Wolf jump jets would need to be removable lol. Death to hover-jets.

i added the SMN-F for the RT 2E hard-points, and the RA/LA for the 1E & 1B hard-points,
adding i believe more options on top of what one can already do with a Summoner,

i was getting alot of Flack about DWF-Prime Arms + DWF-S Torso, = 13-14E hard-points, +5JJ,
so i changed it up, and replaced it with the DWF-C, which has CT ECM, and more Missile options,
which i feel will help with some people wanting to play it as a slow Missile support Assault,

#15 buckX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationShut down on a heat vent

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:58 AM

Why go with a not yet released Stormcrow when the A and B are out, and were overlooked? I'd love to have access to some of that stuff. People might complain about number of hardpoints, but isn't balancing that the point of the negative quirks?

#16 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:12 PM

It is possible to build some of those variants. Check my work listed below, and tab over to the Clan Invasion Era Clan section. I own Catalyst record sheets, which I used for reference, and also used the BattleTech Engineer Database.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Kit Fox A, B, W
Adder C
Stormcrow I
Summoner A
Summoner C
Timberwolf B, D

I made all that from my love of pure stock mechs only and BT Lore, for stock campaign building. In the grand scheme of things, some of those are actually unique and can't be built, but PGI adding stock variants is pointless when people change them anyways into Generic Gunbags.

#17 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:36 PM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 01 October 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

I made all that from my love of pure stock mechs only and BT Lore, for stock campaign building. In the grand scheme of things, some of those are actually unique and can't be built, but PGI adding stock variants is pointless when people change them anyways into Generic Gunbags.

true true,

i added these variants, some coming out in 3054, as CW and other updates would be happening before,
as stated earlier, this if implemented would come after CW and most likely next year after the time jump,

the idea is to get the ball rolling and gaining momentum,
as for people to see what people think on this over months,

#18 Moses Lanknau

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:07 AM

The clan variant-chassies are just there for the dumb skill system (another topic), in cbt there is no technical difference between a Timberwolf C and A, but the loadout.(<-point)

#19 MrBlonde42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:36 PM

Posted ImageDraykin, on 20 September 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

Well I DO want!... some JJ for maneuverability...
I also want at least the Timber Wolf A Left Torso (3E)
The Dire Wolf S and W configs along with the Widowmaker and Prometheus are probably the only ones that could be made with 3050s Tech The Direwolf and Storm Crow configs have ATM launchers :( (I wouldn't mind a 100 ton, JJing, ECM platform though) I voted for whole mechs, for everything except the Kitfox, Storm Crow and Dire Wolf. We already have what makes the KFX-C special, is why I didn't vote for that one.

edit: I changed my votes, since the configuration changed. I still want ALL the available configurations for current omni mechs, and all available configurations for current IS Mechs too... but I don't want to add in variants that use advanced tech before they're supposed to be introduced in the timeline. PGI already screwed up a bit by introducing S configurations before the clans "invented" them.

Edited by MrBlonde42, 10 October 2014 - 11:57 PM.

#20 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:35 AM

View PostFire and Salt, on 20 September 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

Kitfox C:
I voted "yes" though I do not actually want this mech to be added in full, since there are an A-PODS

Well, the Loki has A-pods and is getting in game...

There are other flaws with your argument as well.. for eg the direwolf S being OP... why would it be? it has a disadvantage over the other direwolves... jumpjets is nothing but a hill climb module in a form that takes tonnage and crit space...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users