Radar Bug? Lolwut?

9 replies to this topic

#1 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

Ok, so first off, sorry to Anarcho. Just got done TKing him cuz I saw a Stormcrow, but no map sig, no blue dorito, even aiming right at him, I couldnt zero in on him....figured he was running something special and he was enemy. I chased him down and mowed him down.

I asked why he wasnt on the minimap, he said..oh map bug. But what? First off besides the blue triangles on the map and over heads, there is no obvious way to tell friend from foe. When those are not working, what do we do then? And the triangles not showing up is a radar bug is it? I really hope that gets fixed real quick. I despise teamkilling, and when I do it, I really feel like a jack ass.

#2 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

you never had IFF issue before now? lucky....

common issue thst has yet to be fixed or even acknowledfed as far as i know

#3 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 20 September 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

you never had IFF issue before now? lucky....

common issue thst has yet to be fixed or even acknowledfed as far as i know

Lol, this was my first game back since like July or something. I had figured either he was cheating or he had a really nice radar masking device or something. I know this game takes awhile to gather target info. and given I had no info ally or enemy, I wasnt about to let a mech pummel me or anyone else.

And if its not been aknowledged, it should be....cuz yeah, I didnt even die from it and im seriously annoyed by it....A Crappy end to an average battle, only did like 280 dmg or something, I survived and we won, but TKing....I hate it and really hate doing it, for any reason.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 20 September 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#4 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

It would be nice if somehow when we drop into a match the actual mechs have a decal or something to help tell between the two teams, so that way when this kinda thing does happen (with the dorito and minimap) we would have something else to help tell between the two teams.

#5 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:53 PM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 20 September 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

It would be nice if somehow when we drop into a match the actual mechs have a decal or something to help tell between the two teams, so that way when this kinda thing does happen (with the dorito and minimap) we would have something else to help tell between the two teams.

Bright blue and red arm bands on the mechs? lol.

#6 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

ive had rounds where i can only see 2 or 3 friendlys on the map....yea those are fun rounds.

#7 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image

#8 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 20 September 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

Bright blue and red arm bands on the mechs? lol.

Hey, that'll be okay with me.

But seriously, before we launch into a match why not have a preset list of colors that get added to our camos (maybe we'd be able sort them out on preference, and once teams are set the color or decal is applied).

So one match we might see Yellow Team vs. Black, or Red vs. Purple and so on.

If something like that is even possible, I wonder if a pre-Ready vote would be possible to set a preference on those colors/decals in a match.

Edited by Praetor Knight, 20 September 2014 - 06:12 PM.

#9 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 20 September 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

Hey, that'll be okay with me.

But seriously, before we launch into a match why not have a preset list of colors that get added to our camos (maybe we'd be able sort them out on preference, and once teams are set the color or decal is applied).

So one match we might see Yellow Team vs. Black, or Red vs. Purple and so on.

If something like that is even possible, I wonder if a pre-Ready vote would be possible to set a preference on those colors/decals in a match.

Yeah, and then to top it all off, mechs to me all look grey. I mean, sure, sometimes I can make out faint camo colors on them, but for the most part, thye are just grey. And no, its not because im color blind, cuz im not...just the way this game has it's graphics....the mechs look like blobs of grey, no real color distinction...its not like Planetside 2....lol. Or for that matter, most other games...

#10 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

This used to happen far more often. It's been a year and some change since I last witnessed it myself, IIRC.

If it's been happening to you, try running the repair tool. It's built into the patcher now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users