#41 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:54 PM

Also,. are you able to work in transparencies? I have a lot of the inner cockpit kinda modeled (since the head is a fish bowl) and could do the rest if you wanted.

#42 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 November 2014 - 07:54 PM, said:

Also,. are you able to work in transparencies? I have a lot of the inner cockpit kinda modeled (since the head is a fish bowl) and could do the rest if you wanted.

Sorry for not getting back sooner, grad had been taking up a lot of my time. :P

Um... I think the fact that I'm not entirely sure what working in transparencies is speaks volumes about my ability there, but sure, I could give it a go. :D

#43 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 29 November 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

Sorry for not getting back sooner, grad had been taking up a lot of my time. :P

Um... I think the fact that I'm not entirely sure what working in transparencies is speaks volumes about my ability there, but sure, I could give it a go. :D

see thru fishbowl head?

#44 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 November 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

see thru fishbowl head?

Ahhhh... for some reason I thought it was some special form of modelling I hadn't heard of before. :D

But sure, if you mean to merge a cockpit mesh into the main mesh, I think I could try that. Admittedly the last time I tried that was... a long time ago, back when I first started modelling, and the results were... interesting. :D

Posted Image

But I'd love to give it a go, either way. ;)

#45 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:36 AM

Small update... mostly on proportions and stuff... I just can't get the legs to look right for me, though maybe it's because I haven't modelled feet yet. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:39 PM

How are these proportions and general progress looking to you Bishop? Anything I've misinterpreted from your art?

EDIT: More revision on the legs, dynamic pose might give a better impression: :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by AUSwarrior24, 16 December 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#47 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:00 AM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 16 December 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

How are these proportions and general progress looking to you Bishop? Anything I've misinterpreted from your art?

EDIT: More revision on the legs, dynamic pose might give a better impression: :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

oh wow....... that looks frikking gorgeous.

Um....er.... dangit. I got IRL in the way, today, but will try to squeeze in an in depth comparo and see. At a glance it looks fantastic though! Gotta tweet this beast to Russ!

About the only thing offhand, is it is not digitigrade, so what looks like the second "knee" in back is not needed, but I can see where the design of my lower leg would make that less that obvious.

Still and all, wowsers.

Could you post it in a side Ortho, specifically the legs, and then I could make any tweaks?

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 17 December 2014 - 06:05 AM.

#48 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 18 November 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

Has anyone done a 3D model of Bishop's Urbanmech yet?

well, actually......
http://mwomercs.com/...-wip-ud-18-dec/
Posted Image

#49 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:48 AM

bump because it deserves it

#50 Agent Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 437 posts
  • Locationbottom left of canaduh

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

so will this be 3d printable when done?
plz?

Edited by Agent Cooper, 18 January 2015 - 04:37 PM.

#51 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:45 PM

View PostAgent Cooper, on 18 January 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

so will this be 3d printable when done?
plz?

When Aus get's more time, I reckon. HArd to be impatient on fan art stuff. But must say, DO WANT. :D

#52 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:48 PM

Sorry for being so dark lately. Things got very busy over the holidays with moving and stuff but I'm finally starting to find time to work on my models and other bits and pieces.

I really hope it's 3D printable... however I haven't had any experience with creating 3D printable models before, and I'm really not sure on the requirements of a printable model, so I'll have to put more research into it. I'm hoping I'll be able to modify the model so that it could be printed, either way.

I'll probably post more pictures later on tonight when I have a bit more progress. Trying to model the back of the model which hadn't been touched much yet, and then I need to look at details, etc. Though that Urban Mech looks brilliant, I doubt I'm going to be able to reach that quality with my current skill set. :D

And doesn't that wolf just look smashing...?

#53 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:26 AM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 23 January 2015 - 08:48 PM, said:

Sorry for being so dark lately. Things got very busy over the holidays with moving and stuff but I'm finally starting to find time to work on my models and other bits and pieces.

I really hope it's 3D printable... however I haven't had any experience with creating 3D printable models before, and I'm really not sure on the requirements of a printable model, so I'll have to put more research into it. I'm hoping I'll be able to modify the model so that it could be printed, either way.

I'll probably post more pictures later on tonight when I have a bit more progress. Trying to model the back of the model which hadn't been touched much yet, and then I need to look at details, etc. Though that Urban Mech looks brilliant, I doubt I'm going to be able to reach that quality with my current skill set. :D

And doesn't that wolf just look smashing...?

btw would buy both in their "current" progress states, in a heartbeat. Used to play an aztec themed Mecha game and all the minis were yellowish resin, that these renders remind me of so much!

#54 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:54 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 January 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

btw would buy both in their "current" progress states, in a heartbeat. Used to play an aztec themed Mecha game and all the minis were yellowish resin, that these renders remind me of so much!

I'm still waiting a liiiiiiiiiiittle bit longer for the affordability of decent printers to increase before I pounce on one. And there was an aztec themed mech game? Certainly sounds like a crazy idea, going to have to google that later. :P

Anyway, things went slower than I would have preferred, again, but here's what I've been doing on the back of the Vulcan. Honestly I'm... a little unsure how to go about it so I'm not sure if this fits what you had in mind for it Bishop. Not finished of course. :)
Posted Image

#55 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:58 PM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 25 January 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

I'm still waiting a liiiiiiiiiiittle bit longer for the affordability of decent printers to increase before I pounce on one. And there was an aztec themed mech game? Certainly sounds like a crazy idea, going to have to google that later. :P

Anyway, things went slower than I would have preferred, again, but here's what I've been doing on the back of the Vulcan. Honestly I'm... a little unsure how to go about it so I'm not sure if this fits what you had in mind for it Bishop. Not finished of course. :)
Posted Image

looks dang good to me, man!

It's an old game, called "MEcha". (original, right? Well, it was 1994, so....)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecha!
http://boardgamegeek...-warrior-empire

Was actually pretty cool set up.

#56 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:01 AM

Hey just curious, and PM me if you want, but know some folks that might be willing to 3D print these.

#57 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:22 PM

Sorry for the extended delay everyone, life became too distracting again and I stopped working on the models for awhile. That sounds pretty awesome Bishop, I'd love to see how (if? :( ) it comes out as a 3D print. I'm getting pretty close to calling my end finished since I think I'm at the point I can't do much more with my skill level without making it unnecessarily messy.

The only thing I really still need to do is the cockpit, which honestly I'm having a bit of trouble with. I mean, I know I'm a newb but for some reason I'm having a lot of difficulty figuring out how to model with a sphere. That, and a few joints are questionable (cough cough ankle) and other things I'll nit pick about until the end of time.

But that said I'll send the model files to you via PM soon. I still need to look into how to make a model suitable for printing so I hope it all works.

Anyways, current progress:

Posted Image

#58 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:26 AM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 09 March 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

Sorry for the extended delay everyone, life became too distracting again and I stopped working on the models for awhile. That sounds pretty awesome Bishop, I'd love to see how (if? :( ) it comes out as a 3D print. I'm getting pretty close to calling my end finished since I think I'm at the point I can't do much more with my skill level without making it unnecessarily messy.

The only thing I really still need to do is the cockpit, which honestly I'm having a bit of trouble with. I mean, I know I'm a newb but for some reason I'm having a lot of difficulty figuring out how to model with a sphere. That, and a few joints are questionable (cough cough ankle) and other things I'll nit pick about until the end of time.

But that said I'll send the model files to you via PM soon. I still need to look into how to make a model suitable for printing so I hope it all works.

Anyways, current progress:

Posted Image

well, looks awesome so far. Don't forget the CT medium laser housing! ;)

As for the ankle, I can probably scribble up an "under the armor expose" for it, to see if it would help! As for the cockpit, not sure. Joe3142 (the guy doing my urbanmech) might have a few ideas.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 10 March 2015 - 08:26 AM.

#59 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:45 PM

These guys kinda hit an impasse?

#60 Darth Wololo

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:52 PM

This is amazing! Congratz!

Btw, being a blender beginner/enthusiast myself, do you have any good sources of Blender education to suggest? I'm having a hard time finding those... :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users