#21 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:38 AM

I hated the Cents. Just not my playstyle. That said:

Cent-A - The best of the bunch. Zombie Cent is very durable usually. Balistic arm is fragile.
Cent-AL - Meh, probably the worst. Needs the fragile arm to have enough firepower to be really useful, but you can't commit much firepower to the arm as it falls off.
Cent-D - Can be fun with a huge engine, otherwise it can do builds similar to the A simply with a higher engine cap. If you want to drop one missile for a larger standard engine, then this is the mech for you (Standard 300, 2 ML, 2 ASRM6 could be interesting). Not horrid with an XL if you go fast, but not that great. Good news though, XL300s are awesome in general. So it's not a wasted starting engine for the mech.

Just to throw in there:

Wang - AC20 and 2 MLs. That's about all you can do with it other than maybe 2xUAC5s.

AH - AC20 and 2 missile slots. Meh.

Edited by Bront, 28 September 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#22 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

Centurion AH and Yen Lo Wang can't exactly do the same build...

Both are centurions that can mount an AC 20, yes.
but the Centurion AH has 3 ballistic hardpoints and 2 missile hardpoints.
however yen low wang has 2 ballistic hardpoints and 2 energy hardpoints.

Meaning (with AC 20 common builds) you get
"1 x AC 20, 2 x Medium laser"
With the AH... you get.
"1 x AC 20, 2 x SRM 4"

Another thing AH can do that yen lo can't do is say, have a LBX 10 and 2 Machine guns. or triple AC 2.

The AH is ammo dependent as it has no energy. However Yen Lo Wang cant' do to many builds that others can't I believe.

however YLW has more special things about it then the others, torso twist and lore is the biggest things.
As well as being the oldest hero mech in game.

I have a similar situation, I got the Centurion CN9-A(C) "Champion" from the give away challange and will get the CN9-AH (?) "1 year anniversary program". So I am thinking if my other centurion should be the AL or not... if it is then I have 3 centurions that are spring off from the "A" variant =P

#23 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:13 AM

The AL was... impressive, actually. Seems underwhelming on paper, but once you become accustomed to Cent-esque eccentricities, (mostly protecting your gun arm), moving to the AL suddenly produces some startling results. I've run it as a lore correct AH (Large + Small las in arm). As a "we're missing spare parts" modified CN9-A (LRM 10, 2x mLas, PPC to replace the AC/10... then again with LrgPulse). And I've run it as a Yen-Lo-Wub, with dual Large Pulse and two backup mediums.

but I also have to say the CN9-D is pretty cool. Not for the engine cap, but for the dual ballistics. Set mine up wtih an LRM-5, 2x mLas, and dual AC/5's to replace the 10.

and then... I'd hate to not own the Yen-Lo. :) Because Yen-Lo

#24 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:27 AM

I got the Yen-Lo when it was on sale, but have not been running it as I'm dying to see the new IS quirks.

The AL is actually my favorite. I ran a few different configs on it - one of my favorite was this one:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b20613387c15e21

I also liked ditching the missiles for 2xLPL ... kind of an Energy Wang
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...87f3e3e302aae9c

I'm curious if I can shove 2x UAC5 on the AH and be meaningful.

#25 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:08 AM

My second least favorite mech in MWO.

Played one game with the free Cent (AC20/10LRM)

Found a Catapult where the pilot had apparently left. Had to pound the center at point blank range a good 4-5 times before it died.

Useless the rest of the fight. I was only sad when I found out I couldn't sell it for CBills.

Total tease

Edited by NUJRSYDEVIL, 23 October 2014 - 10:09 AM.

#26 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 23 October 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

My second least favorite mech in MWO.

Played one game with the free Cent (AC20/10LRM)

Found a Catapult where the pilot had apparently left. Had to pound the center at point blank range a good 4-5 times before it died.

Useless the rest of the fight. I was only sad when I found out I couldn't sell it for CBills.

Total tease

Firstly, why did you play it with stock weapons?

Secondly, a properly kitted out Catapult can take over 100 damage to the CT before dieing. 4-5 sounds about right, since...

Third, why did you go at point blank? Your LRMs do no damage under 180 meters.

#27 Haydin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:31 PM

Okay, this might seem nuts but I use an XL engine in my AH. I know it sounds nuts but holy crap this thing can have two UAC5s. TWO UAC5s. ON A MEDIUM. Plus, with leftover tonnage you can mount SRM2s - which actually have a ridiculously low cycle time and great grouping without needing artemis. The torsos are HUGE on this thing, but MAN can it output some crazy damage if you're hiding inside a deathball or flank something.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e9a864d8e0a47f1

Or you can say screw big ballistics, use a standard engine and go 3xASRM6 and strap on machine guns so that you can become a critlord. That's fun too.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e6e0be0f062d8df

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users