2 replies to this topic

#1 greywolf79

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 83 posts
  • LocationCedar City, UT

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

I am not 100% sure this is related to the latest patch, though it did not seem to start until after the last patch (I do not play every day and first noticed it Thursday/Friday - 9/18 or 9/19). I cannot play the game until after I have run the repair tool. I am able to log in, I see the mech bay area and can even configure mechs, but once I launch a match it shows that it is connecting to the match and shows the progress and tip of the day, but never connects to the match. I can close and reopen the client and it shows I am in a match but same thing happens unless I run the repair tool. If I run the repair tool it will allow me to play the game until I reboot the computer. If I reboot the computer after performing a repair (or a reinstall - tried a complete reinstall of MWO and all patches with same issue) it will then go back to the same thing and be unplayable until I run repair again.

This is making the game unplayable and useless... Any ideas how to fix this?

I run a AMD Radeon R7 250 2gb DDR3 PCI-express x16 video card, i5-3470 cpu, 16 gb DDR3 RAM, a 160 gb SSD with 500 gb Hard Drive (both SATA), Windows 7 Ultimate, a DVD-RW, 700 watt Power Supply, and a 23" LCD HDTV as monitor using HDMI for the connection. If that does not include hard ware details you may need please let me know what else you require.

#2 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

Try right-clicking MWO .exe file and select "Run as Admin" and see if that helps... Win7 is funky... especially 64bit Win7.

#3 greywolf79

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 83 posts
  • LocationCedar City, UT

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:36 PM

It is 64 bit, but when I launch the game, it prompts for admin rights each and every time I play... I always click yes. Here is some details from today's repair... It did it again today...

Scan complete!

MISMATCHES FOUND!

MISMATCHED FILES:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\bdiff_utils.dll-->http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/live/Bin32/bdiff_utils.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MechWarriorOnline.exe-->http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/live/Bin32/MechWarriorOnline.exe

FOUND LOCAL FILES FOR REMOVAL!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\ShaderCache.pak

C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\ShaderCacheStartup.pak

C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\ShadersBin.pak

C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\bin32\bdiff_utils.dll__sentinel

C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\bin32\mechwarrioronline.exe__sentinel

With the current options, clicking 'Fix' below will:
-Resolve any mismatched (invalid) files.
-Remove unneeded local files (if any were found).
-Clean shaders
-Clean local cache of FE data (fresh data will download the next time the game is run).

Fixing!!!

Fixing mismatched files.
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\bdiff_utils.dll
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MechWarriorOnline.exe
-Fixed!
Cleaning unneeded files.
-Cleaned!
Cleaning FE textures.
-Cleaned!
Cleaning shaders.
-Cleaned!
Done!

This one was taken today - a day after the patch and hotfix...

Scan complete!
No mismatches were found!

With the current options, clicking 'Fix' below will:
-Resolve any mismatched (invalid) files.
-Remove unneeded local files (if any were found).
-Clean shaders
-Clean local cache of FE data (fresh data will download the next time the game is run).

Fixing!!!

Fixing mismatched files.
 -Fixed!
Cleaning unneeded files.
 -Cleaned!
Cleaning FE textures.
 -Cleaned!
Cleaning shaders.
 -Cleaned!
Done!

Edited by greywolf79, 24 September 2014 - 02:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users