Medium Mechs And Ghost Heat Rebalance Idea

No replies to this topic

#1 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

I had a few ideas regarding medium mechs and ghost heat.
Instead of ghost heat being the same for all mechs, I think it would be better to have it have a cap. Like only so much extra ghost heat can be generated. This could be different for each class of mech. This enables better tuning for ghost heat, as well as increasing the usefulness of Lights and Mediums.
In my personal experience with mediums, the problem appears to be the trade off they must decide on. Either they go heavier and are basically just baby heavies, or they go light and are slightly bigger lights. I think they should be between the two, so what might be best is to give Mediums a Quirk that gives them a speed boost. Increased speed means that heavier mediums can move quicker, allowing them to carry more, and still be more manuverable than Heavies.

I think implimenting both would allow mediums to be more viable and playable. The heat change would allow lighter class mechs shoot more while not unnerfing heavier mechs. The change could be small, like half ghost heat for smalls, 3/4 ghost heat for mediums. Since they can't mount as many weapons or armor as heavier classes, it allows them to be better combat wise while not making them blaitently better than bigger mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users