3 replies to this topic

#1 Igchy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 94 posts
  • LocationBKK , Thailand (Not Taiwan)

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:38 AM

I see a lot of complain from guys who want to introduce this game to a new player and get stomped in group queue by full 12 and or more skilled or vets or whatever..

One of the problem i see is the new player has no place to learn the game.It's has been over 2 years and we have 1 training ground and some tutorial video that no one watch.

So i propose training Queue : it is a group queue with ...

- NO C-BILLS AND NO XP REWARDS
- NO W/L OR K/D STATISTIC RECORDs
- Weapon do 0 dammage to a mech BUT the damage are show in readout screen.
- When the mech got destroy in readout screen it shut down for 5 second then restart .
- 1 -12 man can drop in this queue.
- Match ends when time run out (or never end if it has atleast 1 player on each side)
- Player can join the on going match(In case of the population in this gueue is too low)
- show Detail performance of player them self in the end of match

you dont have to create full interactive tutorial.This is the fastest and cheapest ways to have new guy learn the massive learning curve in this game.

Thought?

Edited by Igchy, 23 September 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#2 Chadamir Fitzkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

I like the idea. Personally I hate that this game is so unfriendly towards new players. You cannot have growth in the community without making it easy for people to learn the game.

#3 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

Not a bad idea by any means, but people would probably be put off by the no XP / no C-bills aspect (which, IMO, would be absolutely necessary to prevent farming).

I think a better solution might be to allow groups to drop in the Testing Grounds together.

#4 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

+1 for newbie love. :)

Why not put turrets in the testing grounds and allow groups of 4 in on one team only or groups of 2. Some kind of step towards a none queue relaxed mode would be great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users