Record Ping

5 replies to this topic

#1 kingalbertII

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

ping that could make one achieve warpspeed (hid the name because that seems correct)

what is the highest ping you've ever seen in game?

Posted Image

#2 Pht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:07 PM

that ... looks like someone might be manipulating his latency. I saw things like that in MW4 - people with physical controls on routers and modems setup to control ping at will.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:30 AM

I have had 3 second (3,000ms) ping before, on a few games on a single day shortly after the Phoenix pack was released, I am guessing my ISP was having problems that day. I am from the UK and my ping is usualy arround 110.

that high ping made the game totaly unplayable (especialy as I was trying to pilot the Locust, I was literaly teleporting 2 grids at a time, and accidently went out of bounds more than once) after I was accused of cheating I stopped trying to play that day.

#4 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:31 AM

Question about ping rate... is a lower ping usually preferred? I usually hit in the sixties range.

#5 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:35 AM

Have had Unit members disconnect in the last couple of weeks on 2,000-3,000. Highest I've ever seen was something stupid like 12,500 - was a member of the armed forces trying to play over a sat link on a laptop in the middle east or something.

#6 kingalbertII

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:15 AM

View PostColonelProctor, on 29 September 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

Question about ping rate... is a lower ping usually preferred? I usually hit in the sixties range.

ping is the amount of time it takes for a signal to travel back and forth between you and the server and is expressed in milliseconds (ms), thus showing your synchronisation
so a ping of 300 means it would take 0.3 seconds for the signal.

in my opinion, anything below 250 is OK playable

an easy test of what your ping is without opening the scoreboard is pressing the zoom button. the amount of time between pressing zoom and zooming in is equal to your ping rate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users