3 replies to this topic

#1 Carnelian

• PipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

In order to balance the still obviously superiour clan mechs without going to far in the weapon nerf departement, why not change the number and kind of modules each side can equip? Giving the IS access to more and better modules would reflect their advantage of conducting a dirtier kind of warfare, without nerfing the clan mechs themselves.

On top of my head would be things like airstrikes and artillery, which the IS readily use but which is frowned on by the clans. I can even imagine additional items such as sabotage and minefield modules, all of which add to the game in addition to balancing it.

I should add that I'm all in favor of using the same methods to differentiate roles and weight classes, restricting airstrikes / arty to lights/mediums, for example.

#2 Randy HornDawg

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:48 AM

[color="#000000"]Excellent suggestion one of the best I have seen so far to help differentiate Inner sphere from Clans.[/color]
[color="#000000"]Clan honour (until they started losing) should prevent them from using free born tactics.[/color]

#3 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostCarnelian, on 23 September 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

In order to balance the still obviously superiour clan mechs without going to far in the weapon nerf departement, why not change the number and kind of modules each side can equip? Giving the IS access to more and better modules would reflect their advantage of conducting a dirtier kind of warfare, without nerfing the clan mechs themselves.

On top of my head would be things like airstrikes and artillery, which the IS readily use but which is frowned on by the clans. I can even imagine additional items such as sabotage and minefield modules, all of which add to the game in addition to balancing it.

I should add that I'm all in favor of using the same methods to differentiate roles and weight classes, restricting airstrikes / arty to lights/mediums, for example.

That is a misconseption that the Clans frown upon using artillery there are a few Clans that are combined arms much akin to the Federated Commonwealth Regimental Combat Teams.

Define more and better modules? As it stands right now the Inner Sphere in this timeline is roughly 200 years behind the Clans in technology, so them becoming more advanced is well....

#4 Carnelian

• PipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:01 AM

There is no way PGI can keep the Clans 200 years ahead of the IS and still retain some semblance of game balance. Either they nerf the clan tech to IS levels, or they find other ways to even the playing field (having dismissed the idea of 10vs12). Having modules (representing non-mech combat resources) tilt the scales to IS allows the clan mechs themselves to remain (slightly) superior without wrecking balance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users