12 Jump Jets Vs 8

12 replies to this topic

#1 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

Is there anywhere the SDR-5V can go that the SDR-5D cannot?

#2 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:38 PM

I am not sure about places the 5v can get to that the 5d cannot but I know that the difference in thrust is noticeable and that with ecm and the flexibility of the energy hard points I am more likely to cut down to 2 or 4 jj to make room for weapons, leaving the v the undisputed king of jump jetting. Of course once you get up into that impossible sniper post you only have one erllas mounted in the ct :). But it is fun to fly.

#3 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

Alright well, I picked the 3V for my third Spider and have it setup with 1 ERLL and 10x JJs (link). I tested with 8 and 10 JJs, and there is only minor difference, so projecting a bit I dont think 12 JJ would matter very much. Places that you can't reach with 10 are so far up that they would be out of reach with 12 as well. And you'd have to drop down to smaller energy weapon to fit in 2 more JJ, and then you couldn't shoot anything, so it would be pointless except as a spotter.

But... this is probably my 2nd favorite light mech now :D They balanced it right with just 1 ERLL, you can snipe a lot of maps pretty safely if you have radar deprivation. Any more weapons and you would be horribly OP.

Edited by UrsusMorologus, 24 September 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#4 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

On the new map there is a place that only the 5V can reach. You have to have all 12 jumpjuets and at least an xl275 engine. You can get onto the platform in B2-B3. You have t ojump out of bounds and then back in to do it but you can.

#5 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:30 AM

Spider 5V must piloted (or flown) at least once in your mechawarrior lifetime. I don't see the fun in reaching a high spot and sniping though, I use the 5V mostly to troll jumping and flying in front of direwhales and other assaults ... it's a dangerous life style and with 2 MLas the effectivity of it is debatable :P but it surely is fun and you can never quantify how effective annoying and diverting attention is.

Edited by Brizna, 27 October 2014 - 08:31 AM.

#6 The Flying Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 372 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:37 AM

The Kit Fox can also jump 52 meters while equipping ECM, better weapons, and triple AMS.

Sorry 5V - You've been out-classed.

Well, the 5V can go a lot faster for those long-jumps, but I'd still take my Kit-Fox over it any day.

Edited by The Flying Gecko, 27 October 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#7 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

The 5V is fun to pilot with a max engine, max jjs. Not saying effective, but REALLY fun!

Something about launching a mech like a rocketship while running at 169kph :P

#8 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:26 AM

View PostThe Flying Gecko, on 27 October 2014 - 08:37 AM, said:

The Kit Fox can also jump 52 meters while equipping ECM, better weapons, and triple AMS.

Sorry 5V - You've been out-classed.

Well, the 5V can go a lot faster for those long-jumps, but I'd still take my Kit-Fox over it any day.

Just because I am a nerd and looked this up. The 5v jumps 104.06 meters with 12 jj equipped.

#9 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:35 AM

Not only that, but after I LAUNCH (yes that needed caps...) myself in the air in my 5V, and save 25% JJ power to cusion my landing, I actually end up going back up with the crazy amount of thrust. Just a small burst of JJs goes from negative velocity to positive velocity quickly while in the air!

#10 FindersWeepers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the CIA

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:19 AM

Mah build best build

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...16d8e8ee0436a4f

12 point pulse alpha, plus ~170 kmh and ~85 m jump

the spider needs two energy hardpoints in the arms, so you can shoot effectively while jumping

#11 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:53 AM

I've really enjoyed my Anansi, which a substantially lower engine cap and fewer jjs, I know I know. :( but with an ERL in each arm.

#12 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

The anansi is my favorite mech (except the days that the 5d is :) ) it is really versatile for a spider. I like 2mpl and srm4+a but 2erll is a great build too.

#13 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:28 AM

This mech can FLY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it's the only mech in the game who do that.

That's all. It's incredibly fun to bait your adversaries, who are waiting for you to land (when you can't accelerate instantly after landing). But with this mech you can bounce in the air like a crazy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users