6 replies to this topic

#1 The Original Prankster

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:23 PM

I don't know if other people are suffering from this, but here goes... I'm having problems with my multi-display setup again. You know, the usual, "click your mouse to shoot" and the end result is jumping out of the MWO-window and ending up in something completely different. So in other words having multiple screens screws me over hard since at any moment I can end up staring at my opponent without the possibility to shoot back at him. I don't know what you've done, since it worked well before this patch. Fine, we had this same kind of problems ages ago, but you managed to fix it, but right now, I'm screwed with my joystick and multiple monitor setup.

Edit: Fixed. Settings had changed by themselves.

Edited by HollowPoint, 24 September 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#2 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

Greetings,

Is this 2 or 3 monitors?
- Are you in windowed or full screen?
- Have you checked the options, settings to see if the resolution defaulted to something different?

And why are you running various programs behind MWO?
- This sounds like your in windowed mode and it's knocking your mouse out to the window behind MWO, depending on what the two window resolutions are.

9erRed

#3 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:35 PM

I'm not sure if this is the issue you're describing, but:

I have two monitors side by side. Sometimes, I notice my cursor moves OUT of MWO (while playing) and onto the other screen. A click then obviously, results in me clicking out of MWO, and to another program, or my desktop.

I've found the solution is:

When you see your cursor moving out of the MWO window to the other screen (but HAVEN'T clicked, and thus are still in MWO) you ALT-Tab out to something else and then ALT Tab back into MWO. This fixes it quickly for me, and it's so fast you can do it in the heat of battle if necessary.

#4 The Original Prankster

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:48 AM

View Postxeromynd, on 23 September 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

I've found the solution is:

When you see your cursor moving out of the MWO window to the other screen (but HAVEN'T clicked, and thus are still in MWO) you ALT-Tab out to something else and then ALT Tab back into MWO. This fixes it quickly for me, and it's so fast you can do it in the heat of battle if necessary.
Thanks for the advice, but since I'm running the game with a mouse and joystick, I don't have my fingers handy on the keyboard for a quick ALT+Tab. I think it's faster to just move my mouse back on the game window and click there, but it still means I'm missing the first salvo against people.

#5 Muraek

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:48 AM

This issue is happening to me, too.

More details:

-I only have 1 monitor.
-I play full screen.
-I always run the same programms when I play MWO and this is the first time that it happens to me (after yesterday patch).

#6 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

Greetings all,

For Muraek,

Check that you do not have 'aero peek' enabled on your task bar, or any program that will show you images of the item on the taskbar.
- If that item is enabled then sometimes as you move the mouse near the bottom of the screen (where the taskbar would be) the program activates and dumps you to the desktop window.
- That program 'Aero Peek' is notorious for doing this through many games and programs that are in full screen.

As a check, see if you can recreate the issue and identify if it's the same mouse location each time. (bottom of window.)

Posted Image

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 24 September 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#7 Muraek

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:04 AM

Now, I have disabled "Aero Peek".

I hope that it be the problem.

Thank you!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users