Are you a clanner and why?

128 replies to this topic

#21 Targun Darklighter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBroken Wheel Federated Commonwealth

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

well lets me see. my 1st TT group was merc working for House Liao. the GM was into that house. then the group broke up.(we where in the Army).then my 2nd grp9other army grp but ib Germany) was merc that was working for FFR. at this time when to a Golden Demon tourment and won a bloodname tho FASA. Not a major name just a minor one but a bloodname anyway. then we started play in the year 2760 and became some one the Founding members of the Clans. so why it is in my Blood.

#22 Adrian Carino

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso Texas

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

*cracks knuckles* I'm better than any True born warrior out there. Fact.

#23 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

clans, hell no... the stories are nice to read, mw2 was okay to get some background of them...but that´s it for me... clans and no politics? no way... they are as scheming as any other faction. in fact they are (especially crusaders) kinda fascistic in many ways, seeing the "Trueborn" thing, the "less worth lifeforms never become warriors" to the self-proclaimed superiority over everything non-clan... all that honour code and stuff is just facade in most cases... there may also be some interesting individuals, but generally clan society is as phoney as any other system. they are far away from kerenskys intention meanwhile...

and i for my part prefer to be born from pure dirty sex, and not some aseptic test-tube, chosen from a database and mixed up to be "L33t" :D

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 23 June 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#24 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostErbun, on 23 June 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

but as Phelan Wolf stated, the clans just felt like home.

O7
<B>

Good on ya Marine! (Army Warrant here) I know how you feel.

#25 CaptFrost

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAS7-D Custom Luxury Cockpit

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

Die, Clanner.

#26 Kenshiro Yoshida

Rookie

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:30 AM

Hmm Im a Clanner by my right and my Blood pos !

#27 Aidyan Pryde

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:36 AM

Clan all the way, only Kurita comes close to being a worthy clan B)

#28 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:47 AM

clanners are neat and all but they're too square. not only that but they only act so high and mighty as long as they have the advantage. level the playing field and they go for the cockpit just like any two bit merc

#29 SilentSooYun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 426 posts
  • LocationTikonov

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hell no!
I've never been fond of the Clans... mostly because their introduction began an arms race that dirtied the entire game. We could just about survive Star League tech because the good was often compromised by a heavy limitation. Clans have no such limitations except an artificial combat doctrine, which is impossible to enforce in a game like this.

The only way I would like to see Clans introduced is as an AI faction, the only way to ensure proper Clannish behaviour in a game full of "loose cannon" wannabes.

#30 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:58 AM

View PostSchtirlitz, on 23 June 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

I like Clans more than IS, because they have no foolish dirty politics. Clans have their negative poins, but again - NO DIRTY POLITICS

because theres nothing political about wardens and the rest wiping each other out over who gets to assault terra? clan wolverine would like to cry political foul but theres none left too.

View PostBattlecruiser, on 24 June 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

clanners are neat and all but they're too square. not only that but they only act so high and mighty as long as they have the advantage. level the playing field and they go for the cockpit just like any two bit merc

how is headshotting 2 bit.

kill the meat save the metal. 4 succession wars have made life harsh, salvage is the only way to keep my **** runnin son.

View PostAdrian Carino, on 23 June 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

*cracks knuckles* I'm better than any True born warrior out there. Fact.

hahahaha considering all the old school clanners are now, well old, older then 50 for the most part!

and the rest will be the munchkin kiddies that go where the powerfull gear is, ya, we will smokem. then we take their stuff, and smokem even faster and harder. the atlas holds more armor and clan weapons and double heat sinks then any timberwolf can! and the daishi, while having more hardpoints then the atlas, suffers from having a massive headshot hitbox, less armor, and is even slower. 3 commandos run up behind a daishi *WHOOSH* streak missile kill to the back!

#31 BigJim

• 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

View PostHaakon Valravn, on 23 June 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

MechWarrior 2.

I actually thought that MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries occurred in a different universe or a completely different time (like several centuries before MW2, not least of all because of how crappy the tech seemed)... until Clan Wolf crapped all over my Rasalhague pirate-smashing party.

After that, I basically did not identify with any Inner Sphere faction. Being introduced to the Inner Sphere via the scumbag trainer in 2Mercs combined with the opening sequence depicting your DropShip abandoning your boss and the general sleaziness of the jobs assigned to small, two-bit mercenary units, as occur early on in the game, just made me not think positive things about Spheroid barbarians. Actually pushed me firmly into the Crusader Clan camp. Later on, I gradually moved into the Warden camp, after getting some more sympathetic views of the Inner Sphere (particularly the Smoke Jaguar occupation), but still rooted for the Clans for the most part.

Same here, almost to the letter.

The background archive with MW2 depicts the Clans like ancient Greek warriors, where they would pair off mid-battle to fight honourably, etc.., ok a bit of chicanery but on the whole the whole master-race thing on spades.

Then you pick up more info from the IS pov & you realise that the Clans are fully human after all, with all humanity's stock-in-trade failings.
Dishonesty, material greed, lust for power, prestige, etc..

The Clans abandoned a dirty, rotten & violent society (which of course doesn't remind anyone of real-world war & politics B)), only to return and repeat all the same mistakes they claim to disdain - It's like the entire human condition in a 1-line sentence - I love it so hard!

Edited by BigJim, 24 June 2012 - 03:09 AM.

#32 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

it's not two bit, however that's how a clanner would see it until they were pushed against a wall. damn hypocritical dumpster babies

#33 Pvt Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:18 AM

The clans can suck it.

#34 Liberty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:36 AM

Granted they have awesome mechs and the honor thing is pretty cool. However, anyone that threatens my family, friends, and world can expect me to use every dirty trick in the book to repel them. Sometimes the plain will to survive can trump any technology or person bred from a superior genetic pond.

#35 Clan Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationClan Jade Falcon

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

Ain't easy been Clanner (Clan Warrior) :lol: No mommy, no daddy. You start with 30 or so siblings. After all these trials most of your siblings die and those that fail and survive end up as scientists, techs or labor class. We have no love! You Inner Spheres citizens give us Clanners some love ! B)

This is why we attacked you in the first place we need some attention, we need love ! B)

Edited by Clan Warrior, 24 June 2012 - 03:48 AM.

#36 BlackAbbot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationSecret UrbanMech Production Facility

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:56 AM

I can't wait for the Clans to get here. My Urbie will be waiting in an alley with an AC/20 loaded.

#37 Reoh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

View PostSilentSooYun, on 24 June 2012 - 02:52 AM, said:

Hell no!
I've never been fond of the Clans... mostly because their introduction began an arms race that dirtied the entire game. We could just about survive Star League tech because the good was often compromised by a heavy limitation. Clans have no such limitations except an artificial combat doctrine, which is impossible to enforce in a game like this.

The only way I would like to see Clans introduced is as an AI faction, the only way to ensure proper Clannish behaviour in a game full of "loose cannon" wannabes.

The clans often fought against the odds as a balance mechanic. In PvP, they'd field less mechs on the field each game.

#38 Artifice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 378 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:03 AM

When the Clan Invasion began in Crescent Hawks:Revenge, I had no idea what the hell was going on.

Mechwarrior 2 explained everything, or so I thought.

Last year I got my hands on the Jade Phoenix Trilogy and WOW. For starters, what a bunch of incestuous thugs! Secondly, they're awesome. I'd play a Clanner just for the awesomeness, which translates to 'Fun'.

I dibs Star Captain Joanna and will face any of you in the Circle of Equals. That was a little creepy wasn't it?

#39 Satsujinki

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:11 AM

Id like to play as a Smoke Jaguar and save em from annihilation. Why? Cause they have an awesome Totem animal

#40 Gun Bear

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:21 AM

View PostSchtirlitz, on 23 June 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

I like Clans more than IS, because they have no foolish dirty politics. Clans have their negative poins, but again - NO DIRTY POLITICS

Yeah because its not like Operation Revival or the destruction of Clan Wolverine were in any way the product of people manipulating the system for their own ends... (which is the definition of dirty politics)

No I'm not a Clanner and not too interested in being one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users