Lrm And Ssrm Lock Issues

11 replies to this topic

#1 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

two seperate things I am getting a lot of since the patch.

LRMs:
Using C-LRMs i'm getting lots of bogus locks. Have lock, hear the noises, and mssiles nose dive OR fly straight and don't go up in the air, altough they still try to track.

Pings around 100.

SSRM:
Again on clan SSRMs.

Having lots of troubles where I clearly have a lock, keep the lock, but it won't allow me to fire them.

It is not an ECM issue because I can BAP through them and fire. It is completely random. Always with in the 360m fire range.

#2 Shlkt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 319 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:53 PM

I've noticed that I can hear two simultaneous audio cues when trying to lock missiles. The first cue, which is sync'd to the visual lock indicator, is wrong. After I hear the first lock-on noise I have to listen for a second lock-on noise before my missiles are really locked. Firing before the 2nd noise causes the missiles to follow an unguided trajectory, but so far I've never seen them go off course if I just wait for the 2nd noise.

Having lots of troubles where I clearly have a lock, keep the lock, but it won't allow me to fire them.

It's likely that your missiles aren't really locked (at least the server doesn't think so). I haven't tried streaks recently but I suspect that there are also two lock-on signals as I mentioned before, and the first one is wrong. Try listening for the 2nd lock-on noise.

#3 Bad Andy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:27 PM

I experience this with lrms all the time. If you don't wait for the 2nd beep they nosedive. Really annoying as it nullifies a lot of the benefits of artemis/bao and makes it harder to hit with an already difficult to use weapon

#4 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:38 AM

View PostBad Andy, on 28 September 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

I experience this with lrms all the time. If you don't wait for the 2nd beep they nosedive. Really annoying as it nullifies a lot of the benefits of artemis/bao and makes it harder to hit with an already difficult to use weapon

Exactly. My favorite missile mech has fallen out of favor recently because of this. It is artemis/bap equipped, but I can't trust the quick lock. Artemis eats up too much weight to be useless. Btw, good luck trying to tell non lrm pilots how difficult they are to use...

#5 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

Such bug happens really often.

#6 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

The LRM Bug has been around since the first PSA test of the clans. If you do not hold your lock for at least 2-3 seconds they will nosedive and you will lose that volley completely. If you gain quick lock on an enemy just before he dives into cover and fire, it will nose dive. Currently the only way I am aware to mitigate this BUG is to wait 2-3 seconds once lock is established then fire.

seriously needs to get fixed

#7 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

been having this a lot today with SSRMs

what is happening is the lock happens but it never finishes. I can tell by the sound it just sits there and loops. So the recital shows lock, but i don't actually have it and it is like it forever tries to lock on. Only way to fix is to break lock and try again.

this is different than the 2 beep lock issues, it actually never completes the lock even though there is nothing stopping it from doing so. I can keep the crosshair on target for over 6 seconds and all I hear is a continuous beep.

if I had any way to record, I would try to capture it.

Edited by Bigbacon, 30 September 2014 - 10:05 AM.

#8 Mr Andersson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

I have experienced the exact same problem. The constant nosedives are really annoying.

#9 Shlkt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostShlkt, on 28 September 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

I've noticed that I can hear two simultaneous audio cues when trying to lock missiles. The first cue, which is sync'd to the visual lock indicator, is wrong. After I hear the first lock-on noise I have to listen for a second lock-on noise before my missiles are really locked.

I recorded the sound in the testing grounds:
Recorded: MWO bug, two missile lock-on sounds

I can reproduce the behavior in the testing grounds consistently but the conditions needed to reproduce the issue seem different from when playing on the live server. On the live server the bug happens pretty much 100% of the time. In the testing grounds, though, I must use the following steps to reproduce the issue:

1) Target a mech
2) Move the crosshair away from the target and press R to clear the target
3) Move the crosshair onto an enemy mech and wait for it to be auto-targeted
4) Two missile lock-on sounds will occur. Missiles fired prior to the 2nd lock-on sound will not be guided to the targeted enemy. If you move your cursor quickly then you can make them plow into the ground. Note that missile flaps (e.g. on the Catapult) may cause delays which may make it difficult to reproduce the behavior; be sure that flaps are open prior to testing.

#10 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:45 PM

i am having the LRM issue after hearing the correct sounds not before.

#11 Miles McQuiston

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:31 AM

I was able to live with the problem on LRMs but experienced this problem over and over with SSRM last night. Reticule and sound indicate solid lock streaks will not fire until I target another mech and then return to original target. There is a bug and it should be fixed. I noticed the LRM visual/audio lock discrepancy about the same time as radar deprivation came out, but it is new for me with streaks.

Please fix.

#12 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:41 AM

yep having lag on the LRM locks aswell. get tone and lock reticle if i fire without giving it a moment the missiles dumb fire... ping 88-98

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users