144 replies to this topic

#21 Amro One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:51 AM

View PostOnyxian, on 26 September 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

The last lance challenge, I wasted 5-6 hours over the course of the wkd [redacted] just trying to get full 4-man groups.

Not doing that again. I'll pass. Wish they had loosened the restriction to 2-4 man groups.

Kinda ridiculous IMO to run a group requirement and have NO in-game way for primarily solo players to easily find and get groups.

Go to the forums under the faction that you pick,to find their public TS channels.
Log on, join the TS and wait in the lobby well dropping solo.
Sooner or later some one will pick you up.
With every one knowing of this challenge it will be expected.

Learn to make friends.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 26 September 2014 - 03:35 PM.
Unconstructive in quote

#22 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

Ive never dropped in a group ever and would like to, but do not have a mic.

If anyone needs lance mates, Im a very competent 27 year oldStormcrow pilot happy to work with you, send me a PM. Ill be able to play the next few hours. :)

#23 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:02 AM

generally i don't comment on the challanges but this one is a little "laughable"

3k gxp for top one ? lol ? rofl ?

you have modules that cost 15k gxp... i would have expected at least this amount to actually make people interested.

personally i would have set the prized at 12k for second tier and 20k for final tear of the challange.

the rest is good

one last rofl for the gxp prizes :D

#24 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:05 AM

I'd comment on the Lance of Heroes thread but it poofed.

It gives me a reason to use my Adrenaline (Quickdraw IV; renamed because of the scheme). Known for being slow and great at cleaning up.

Edited by Koniving, 26 September 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#25 Onyxian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostJazriel, on 26 September 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Go to the forums under the faction that you pick,to find their public TS channels.
Log on, join the TS and wait in the lobby well dropping solo.
Sooner or later some one will pick you up.
With every one knowing of this challenge it will be expected.

Learn to make friends.

That's what I did last time... The problem is, your "sooner or later" was always much later. Would easily spend an hour or more on the Comstar or NGNG LFG room. I'm not a pushy guy, everyone told me to go to drop ships with 2-3 people and ask them, but it's not in my nature to force myself into a group.

And I'm one of the bad players folks were complaining about being forced to drop with in the first challenge, so players would play a couple games with me and then quit the group.

#26 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

Maybe they could start offering Group and Solo challenges at the same time? You know, a solo kills event running at the same time as a lance event.

#27 Chilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 26 September 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

And those are 4 of the heroes I don't have. :rolleyes:

LOL, same here... :huh:

#28 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostPyrrho, on 26 September 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

Maybe they could start offering Group and Solo challenges at the same time? You know, a solo kills event running at the same time as a lance event.

While it would be great for those excited for the events...
My complaint on this is well, during challenges the gameplay turns for the absolute worst as the most "dedicated" killing builds are thrown into heavy use and nothing else is even remotely viable; and if you find something viable then it'll probably be conditionally viable.

During the solo things I'd jump over to group play when it got bad. Now, when group play goes bad I'll jump to solo play.
But what would I do if they both get bad (not fun)?

#29 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:18 AM

Loved the last lance challenge. Met some new people. It was great.
I think I like the rewards from the last challenge better, but I like the 1.5 multiplier!

#30 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:28 AM

I'm just sad that kills are worth one point instead of 3 (2 points for shooting the guy, 1 for kill shot).

There's nothing worse than being afraid of taking the shot because you might kill that mech, because that would slow your progress. Can we get this fixed for the next one?

And I love this event. Last one had some of the best matches and teamwork I've seen in this game since I started. PUGS were listening. SQUEEEEEE!!!

Edited by Big Tin Man, 26 September 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#31 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:28 AM

Customer feedback: rewards seem a bit meh. But thanks for the opportunity to win something.

#32 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:32 AM

Coolio. Enjoyed the last lance challenge, this one should be a blast as well. Looking like there is going to be some great 3 4man groups V 3 4man group matches.

#33 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

time to bring out the Raven 3L?

Sadly, the rewards to me on this one are not really with it.

#34 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostAppogee, on 26 September 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

Customer feedback: rewards seem a bit meh. But thanks for the opportunity to win something.

This. Not ever going to complain about freebies, but converting 4500 GXP costs less than $1.

#35 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:36 AM

So, why do you still give points for Narc and TAG and don't give for LBX and SRMs?

#36 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

Count me out for this one. Fixing a group of friends into a 4-man is rather annoying, and the rewards this time around are simply not worth the time and effort. You'll find me in solo queue this weekend trying to elite my Jagers. ^_^

#37 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 26 September 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

To bad it cant be a Star challenge, with the new Mad Dog and all.

I suppose we could be a battle hardened Star that recently lost a mechwarrior however, that will have to work for the immersion that I crave. :)

Yeah, no love for the Clans. I guess we will have to wait for Clan hero mechs.

View PostTarogato, on 26 September 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Count me out for this one. Fixing a group of friends into a 4-man is rather annoying, and the rewards this time around are simply not worth the time and effort. You'll find me in solo queue this weekend trying to elite my Jagers. ^_^

If you have that much trouble finding three other people to group with, then you may want to consider switching or joining a unit, or switching factions.

#38 endevite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:44 AM

Another event I won't be taking part in, at any given time at best could only field 2 or 3 (not down for 3rd party meetups with people I do not know over software that isn't part of the game that is without a chat lobby system, not that it would be any different than a pug given you do not know these people or their strengths and weaknesses even if you did go 3rd party), another event/weekend that I and friends just wait out until something we can take part in becomes available... (2 to 4 would have been dandy, 4 is not. :unsure: )

I hope in the next event, they either go back to solo drops or do a 2-4 group option, this 4 only thing excludes many to go off and play something else, which is all sorts of not good given how many games are out there and also free even if they aren't a mech game, they are still fun and not excluding.

(This current trend would give the impression that solo's are the minority, and that makes little sense for a game trying to grow and not be stagnant with its userbase without a chat lobby to make friends in game, excessive reliance on events that require 3rd party tools/sites to build teams, excludes new players who aren't in the know and solo hermits all the same, I do hope this changes so that of us who aren't a 24/7 always around group can still partake in these events, sometimes it's just a friend or 2 at best, for me personally: in this case since most I know left, only a couple at best will show, but not 4. Things like this just gives those who left fuel for complaints about why they wont return, thus no 4 man for many here who have been around since closed beta that still hold on to hope.)

#39 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

I'm curious, why are kills worth less than assists? I think it'd be the other way around.

Everything else looks awesome though! Thanks PGI! :D

#40 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:02 AM

View Postendevite, on 26 September 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

Another event I won't be taking part in, at any given time at best could only field 2 or 3 (not down for 3rd party meetups with people I do not know over software that isn't part of the game that is without a chat lobby system, not that it would be any different than a pug given you do not know these people or their strengths and weaknesses even if you did go 3rd party), another event/weekend that I and friends just wait out until something we can take part in becomes available... (2 to 4 would have been dandy, 4 is not. :unsure: )

I hope in the next event, they either go back to solo drops or do a 2-4 group option, this 4 only thing excludes many to go off and play something else, which is all sorts of not good given how many games are out there and also free even if they aren't a mech game, they are still fun and not excluding.

(This current trend would give the impression that solo's are the minority, and that makes little sense for a game trying to grow and not be stagnant with its userbase without a chat lobby to make friends in game, excessive reliance on events that require 3rd party tools/sites to build teams, excludes new players who aren't in the know and solo hermits all the same, I do hope this changes so that of us who aren't a 24/7 always around group can still partake in these events, sometimes it's just a friend or 2 at best, for me personally: in this case since most I know left, only a couple at best will show, but not 4. Things like this just gives those who left fuel for complaints about why they wont return, thus no 4 man for many here who have been around since closed beta that still hold on to hope.)

Well, this is only the second Lance Challenge PGI has hosted, and they are only offering it after many of the group gamers begged for some representation in the Challenges. Everything prior to this has been solo challenges, so this hardly constitutes a "trend."

As for not wanting to make a fourth friend to form a 4-Man, that sounds like a personal problem to me. TeamSpeak 3 is a pretty cool tool that you could use to meet with a bunch of other MWO pilots. You could join a Unit or just PM random people on the forums. Sitting on your hands and griping that PGI isn't including you in the free stuff is rather lame.

Case in point, I'm a solo pugger right now. However, you can rest assured that I will obtain some of the awards because I will make an effort to get them. PGI is already giving away freebies; I don't expect PGI to giftwrap and hand deliver them too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users